Jump to content

2021/2022 Lineup Ideas


hockeyrealist
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He's 21, the ELC season is burned no matter where he plays.  The rollover only applies to 18 and 19 year olds. 

Thx
image.png

 

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

... Could even be Cale Fleury. 

 

That would be nice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Norlinder is NHL or back to Sweden; i assume this would be another big reason he will likely spend another year in europe?

 

Is Brook a bit bigger stronger and better defensively, but not as good in offensive zone?

(But he still isnt really NHL-ready to defend neither)

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, GHT120 said:

breakout schemes can help non-puckmovers, but only so much ... schemes can be counter-schemed

 

Oh, you mean like a team with big slow d-men that keep the other teams forwards to the outside can likely be easily countered by a dump and chase team?   (Ssshhhh!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

 

Oh, you mean like a team with big slow d-men that keep the other teams forwards to the outside can likely be easily countered by a dump and chase team?   (Ssshhhh!!)

?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

 

Oh, you mean like a team with big slow d-men that keep the other teams forwards to the outside can likely be easily countered by a dump and chase team?   (Ssshhhh!!)

yes, like VGK tried to play the Habs... if I remember correctly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

David Ettedgui (who the notably "reliable" Hockey30 calls FakeAgent) does not have Drouin in his opening night lineup ... Hockey30 claims Ettedgui says it is because Drouin will make a bombshell announcement in his interview with Chantal Machabée next Monday (e.g., still not ready to play, going to play in Europe, retiring).

 

This is as far from a reliable rumour as I can imagine, but it does put an interesting spin on things, including the cap situation.

 

Time will tell.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

David Ettedgui (who the notably "reliable" Hockey30 calls FakeAgent) does not have Drouin in his opening night lineup ... Hockey30 claims Ettedgui says it is because Drouin will make a bombshell announcement in his interview with Chantal Machabée next Monday (e.g., still not ready to play, going to play in Europe, retiring).

 

This is as far from a reliable rumour as I can imagine, but it does put an interesting spin on things, including the cap situation.

 

Time will tell.

 

 

 

 

oh! you mean like a rumor for the rumor thread?

 

time will tell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

oh! you mean like a rumor for the rumor thread?

 

time will tell

It includes a link to a lineup projection .. which leads to the rumour?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

It includes a link to a lineup projection .. which leads to the rumour?

 

Didn't think Drouin was green now, but I think I found where he fits in the lineup with Dvorak, Caufield, Toffoli and Petry

 

via GIFER

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GHT120 said:

David Ettedgui (who the notably "reliable" Hockey30 calls FakeAgent) does not have Drouin in his opening night lineup ... Hockey30 claims Ettedgui says it is because Drouin will make a bombshell announcement in his interview with Chantal Machabée next Monday (e.g., still not ready to play, going to play in Europe, retiring).

 

This is as far from a reliable rumour as I can imagine, but it does put an interesting spin on things, including the cap situation.

 

Time will tell.

 

It looks like the interview has now been cancelled (or at least postponed).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

It looks like the interview has now been cancelled (or at least postponed).

Curiouser and curiouser?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 5:56 PM, alfredoh2009 said:

yes, like VGK tried to play the Habs... if I remember correctly

 

I dont recall Vegas really doing that.  Vegas had most of their goals from faceoff wins and their dmen scoring. 

 

Ultimately, in the playoffs if you get to the Finals you only face 4 teams so there are only 4 coaches that you have to outsmart.  Then there is the issue of a Coach knowing what needs to be done, but not having the right players to be able to do it.   The Vegas Coach might have figured out dump n chase but didnt have the right guys to do it.  Their team wasnt designed to play like that. 

 

I'm not 100% convinced that MB big slow dmen plan is a great idea and I'm pretty sure a dump and chase team could circumvent that concept. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GHT120 said:

David Ettedgui (who the notably "reliable" Hockey30 calls FakeAgent) does not have Drouin in his opening night lineup ... Hockey30 claims Ettedgui says it is because Drouin will make a bombshell announcement in his interview with Chantal Machabée next Monday (e.g., still not ready to play, going to play in Europe, retiring).

 

This is as far from a reliable rumour as I can imagine, but it does put an interesting spin on things, including the cap situation.

 

Time will tell.

 

 

 

 

 

That is interesting and I cant help but wonder what Drouin's issue is.  Since the moment he left I've always said that depending on what the exact reason there is no guarantee that he will ever return to hockey.  I imagine that its related to a traumatic event that causes depression, anxiety and/or CPTSD.  If thats the case hockey could be a severe trigger for him and he might have to stop playing to ever heal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

That is interesting and I cant help but wonder what Drouin's issue is.  Since the moment he left I've always said that depending on what the exact reason there is no guarantee that he will ever return to hockey.  I imagine that its related to a traumatic event that causes depression, anxiety and/or CPTSD.  If thats the case hockey could be a severe trigger for him and he might have to stop playing to ever heal. 

In many ways the "play in Europe" example cited by Hockey30 is the most intriguing ... I believe (but don't promise) that it would allow the club to suspend him and remove his salary from the cap ... it could also allow Drouin to "get his groove back" ... he could alter return ton the Habs as long as they have the room under the cap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

In many ways the "play in Europe" example cited by Hockey30 is the most intriguing ... I believe (but don't promise) that it would allow the club to suspend him and remove his salary from the cap ... it could also allow Drouin to "get his groove back" ... he could alter return ton the Habs as long as they have the room under the cap

 

There are three ways he can go to Europe:

 

1) He clears waivers and is loaned to a European team.

2) He agrees to terminate his contract, clears unconditional waivers, and signs with a European team.

3) He retires from the NHL and then signs overseas.

 

He can't sign in Europe with the Habs suspending him and freeing up cap relief.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

 

There are three ways he can go to Europe:

 

1) He clears waivers and is loaned to a European team.

2) He agrees to terminate his contract, clears unconditional waivers, and signs with a European team.

3) He retires from the NHL and then signs overseas.

 

He can't sign in Europe with the Habs suspending him and freeing up cap relief.

☹️ ... my swiss cheese memory thought it recalled someone else doing that ... too bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

☹️ ... my swiss cheese memory thought it recalled someone else doing that ... too bad

 

It's happened before, just with the player 'retiring from the NHL' first.  That's what Kovalchuk did in New Jersey years ago.  The most recent one I can think of is Kevin Klein who also 'retired' before heading to Switzerland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Good news for us if he retires. We can put that cap space to massively better use.

I have no more information than anyone else, but I think it's unlikely. It's not long since he said he was ready to return, and he just ran his charity golf tournament. To me, that doesn't look like the behaviour of a player that is about to skulk away.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

was there ever a credible rumor?

 

I only saw the click bait

 

The 1st part of the rumour regarding him retiring seemed potentially plausible, but the 2nd part of him playing hockey in another league seemed highly suspect to me.  That part didnt really make any sense.  i.e. if there is something about hockey that triggers him, he'd likely have to quit playing hockey entirely.  If his trigger is related to Montreal or the Habs, he could just play for another NHL team and not play in any games against the Habs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

 

The 1st part of the rumour regarding him retiring seemed potentially plausible, but the 2nd part of him playing hockey in another league seemed highly suspect to me.  That part didnt really make any sense.  i.e. if there is something about hockey that triggers him, he'd likely have to quit playing hockey entirely.  If his trigger is related to Montreal or the Habs, he could just play for another NHL team and not play in any games against the Habs. 

how can anyone besides Chantal Macabé, who has a scheduled exclusive interview, break a story about Drouin before that interview?

 

That was the give away for me, someone fishing for clicks, I am sure it worked .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...