2022 NHL Entry Draft

Habs Fan in Edmonton

44 minutes ago, DON said:

Similar to another WHL d-man; Kevin Korchinski 58pts 61gms, another projected mid 1st round pick that might be good choice if available, or perhaps move up to get. Need Flames to flame out the last bit of season and get punted in 1st round.:pray:

Yes, don't want the Flames to make the conference final  as much as I would like to see Toffoli do well. Mateychuk is a good one and will likely be gone before the Habs draft with their 2nd 1st round pick. 

I was hoping for a top 3 pick in the 1st round but the Habs are playing too well, beating even the top teams so I expect they will easily finish ahead of Seattle/Arizona, will likely catch Philly who is terrible and might catch one of Ottawa/Jersey. I expect they will draft in the 4-7 slot.  On the positive side, it is fun and encouraging to see the kids develop. And if they want to move up in the draft to get someone they really want they have a ton of extra picks to sweeten the pot. 

Generally projected in the top 5 ... RHD with decent size for an 18 yr-old (6'1", 192 lbs) ... Slovakia is a decent league but no KHL/SM-liiga.

34 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Generally projected in the top 5 ... RHD with decent size for an 18 yr-old (6'1", 192 lbs) ... Slovakia is a decent league but no KHL/SM-liiga.

Nemec is certainly highly rated and from what I have read he is likely the 1st defenseman off the board. 

Nice to see Ottawa win today. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Seattle wins.  Habs back in last place.

Yup, almost a perfect night (just a needed a Jersey win) but more than you could realistically hope for.  So the Habs have had some fun, they beat Toronto, won a game in Tampa for their coach, they deserve a little rest against Ottawa and Jersey before going into Toronto and beating the Leafs yet again.  

48 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That's a good article, Habs will have 3 picks in the top 33-37 so it should be interesting as it's supposed to be a pretty deep first round. 

I keep reading about the kids supposedly in the 20-40 range and seem to be some promising kids for sure (i suppose similar to every year).

How good/deep this year is, will shall see in a few years. But, having 2 picks on the 1st day should help the prospect pool for sure.

Habs have had numerous 2nd round picks and hit/miss as expected:

Duds: Collberg/Thrower/delaRose/Brook/Ikonen/Olofsson/Fucale

Hits: Lehkonen/Romanov/Ylonen

1 hour ago, DON said:

Habs have had numerous 2nd round picks and hit/miss as expected:

Duds: Collberg/Thrower/delaRose/Brook/Ikonen/Olofsson/Fucale

Hits: Lehkonen/Romanov/Ylonen

Ikonen wasn't really a dud, as much as unlucky with injuries and we'll never know what he might have been -- similar to Juulsen.

Is Brook a writeoff now? Our D prospect pool is suddenly much deeper but does he still have some trade value?

39 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Is Brook a writeoff now? Our D prospect pool is suddenly much deeper but does he still have some trade value?

The second one is definitely no.  Is he a write-off?  It depends on this knee thing - is it something that he'll need a few months to realistically get back into playing form?  If so, then it's worth a one-year deal to give him one more crack.  But if he's close to as healthy as he's going to get, then perhaps they'll decide to cut bait.

would it be possible that if the Habs do not win the lottery that they trade down for the other team's 1st and an additional 2nd?

For example, with the Kraken or the Blue Jackets?

I would not mind Savoie and another 2nd

or Nemec and another 2nd

Instead of one of the Finns

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

would it be possible that if the Habs do not win the lottery that they trade down for the other team's 1st and an additional 2nd?

For example, with the Kraken or the Blue Jackets?

I would not mind Savoie and another 2nd

or Nemec and another 2nd

Instead of one of the Finns

Given the number of picks the Habs have made recently, the number of picks they have this year and next and the 50 contract limit, i think this is unlikely.

I can see them moving picks in a trade for a player. Or trading up in the draft getting a higher pick than calgarys pick, or getting a third first, or higher second round picks... rather than trading down and getting more picks.

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Given the number of picks the Habs have made recently, the number of picks they have this year and next and the 50 contract limit, i think this is unlikely.

I can see them moving picks in a trade for a player. Or trading up in the draft getting a higher pick than calgarys pick, or getting a third first, or higher second round picks... rather than trading down and getting more picks.

Habs will need to give picks with Petry to cull terminate him.

a couple of late 2nd round picks may do it.

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Habs will need to give picks with Petry to cull terminate him.

a couple of late 2nd round picks may do it.

Strong disagree.  I think Petry has value.  Hes not at the point where you have to trade picks for someone to take him.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Strong disagree.  I think Petry has value.  Hes not at the point where you have to trade picks for someone to take him.

you are the yang to my ying, Commandant

☯️

53 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I agree ... not what it was last season but still value ... they may need to take back an expiring "poor/bad" contract as part of a deal to make the cap work.