2022 NHL Entry Draft

Habs Fan in Edmonton

So with Ottawa getting a point last night, the Habs can no longer catch them.  That means the highest they could finish is 27th overall (sixth-last) and with the two-team lottery, that means Montreal will pick no worse than 8th.

44 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

So with Ottawa getting a point last night, the Habs can no longer catch them.  That means the highest they could finish is 27th overall (sixth-last) and with the two-team lottery, that means Montreal will pick no worse than 8th.

Yup. Even if the Habs go 3-3 in their last 6 games they are guaranteed to finish bottom 3 and then pick no worse than 5th.  Seattle is now 3 points up with 2 games in hand and a somewhat similar schedule as far as difficulty goes so bottom 2 is a pretty good possibility now. 

30 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Habs and Coyotes both 2-8 in their last ten games. Unlikely they will catch us but all it takes is a few surprise games.

It would be a surprise as the Coyotes are just awful right now, like the Habs early in the year. I wonder what Sutter said to the Flames after the 1st intermission last night. 

8 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It would be a surprise as the Coyotes are just awful right now, like the Habs early in the year. I wonder what Sutter said to the Flames after the 1st intermission last night. 

Gentlemen ... you know I support you ... it would be greatly appreciated by me, my coaches, the GM, the owner and the fans if you could $*&^(^%^&*$*%%^&*)(%^$%^&*(#$@#$%^$#@$#%$^%^*&(#$@#$%^&%$#$#$%^&$#@$#$^%

44 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Habs and Coyotes both 2-8 in their last ten games. Unlikely they will catch us but all it takes is a few surprise games.

They literally just need 2 extra points than us, as they have the tie breaker. 

17 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I don't think he needed to say much - they had Harri Sateri in net; it was guaranteed rout night as a result.

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

They literally just need 2 extra points than us, as they have the tie breaker. 

True, but Montreal has games left against Ottawa and Philly, will likely win one of those and perhaps win  one out of four against the good teams.  That means Arizona would have to win 3  of their remaining games, possible but very unlikely as it seems they have given up if last night is any indication. 

38 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

True, but Montreal has games left against Ottawa and Philly, will likely win one of those and perhaps win  one out of four against the good teams.  That means Arizona would have to win 3  of their remaining games, possible but very unlikely as it seems they have given up if last night is any indication. 

Beating ottawa or philly or anyone else is no guarantee.  This roster, especially after the deadline, is really poor.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

... if you could $*&^(^%^&*$*%%^&*)(%^$%^&*(#$@#$%^$#@$#%$^%^*&(#$@#$%^&%$#$#$%^&$#@$#$^%

But, ive had a vision, Wright in Hab colours, fuzzy but pretty certain is how the balls will drop May 16th.image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Beating ottawa or philly or anyone else is no guarantee.  This roster, especially after the deadline, is really poor.

Losing Chiarot and Lehkonen hurts defensively. And especially with Caufield going through a dry spell, they are not scoring enough to make up for that.

I saw this posted on another site. It gives the theoretical value of each pick.  I guess it helps determine the value of each pick you have in case you want to trade up or down.  Of course the other team would want to have to do it. Purely theoretical but interesting.   

1650207882697.png

After looking at the previous chart, I am not sure how accurate it is.  For example the Habs have 3 x 3rd round picks.  If I add up the values 177 (66, their pick)  + 162 (76 Anaheim's pick) + 122 (93, Carolina's pick) it comes to 461 which is the equivalent of the 14th overall pick. I think the Habs would make that trade in a heartbeat, don't think the team with the #14 pick would. 

Or would someone trade from 1st overall down to, say, fifth, for a late second-round pick? I think not.

The values really do drop down much faster than this, especially in the first round.

21 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Or would someone trade from 1st overall down to, say, fifth, for a late second-round pick? I think not.

The values really do drop down much faster than this, especially in the first round.

Most certainly would not make that trade. And I agree about the first round as teams rarely if ever trade their first round pick for a combination of picks in later rounds. 

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Losing Chiarot and Lehkonen hurts defensively. And especially with Caufield going through a dry spell, they are not scoring enough to make up for that.

Lehkonen and Chiarot were also both in the midst of the best offensive seasons of their career.  There is also Tyler Toffoli missing after being traded.  Add in an injury to Drouin and yes the team is significantly weaker offensively as well as defensively. 

Oh and the younger Pitlick isn't scoring at the rate he was either.  Wonder why that is?

They have a team with similar strength to what they had at the beginning of the season and they are having similar results ... but gosh oh golly, chipper attitude 

If you cant see the difference in the team from the first half of the season to the second, i dont know what to tell you.  If you dont see a clear difference in energy levels... I really have to question if we have watched the same season.

• Upvote 1