2023 Habs Rookie Camp

GHT120

Nice of Paul and good choice by Mailloux

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Nice of Paul and good choice by Mailloux

if Paul becomes that type of staff resource for the Habs, it will be amazing for the organization.

Great news!

3 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Montreal @ Buffalo 7pm EST tonight.  I'm not sure if there will be a live stream.  Will try to add it if I come across one.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/mtl-buf-prospects-challenge-what-you-need-to-know

Yes, on Facebook, twitch and Twitter/X

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm excited to see Reinbacher but even more so for Mailloux.  I also want to see how Davidson does because he could be another sleeper pick, and of course Florian will be interesting to see as well.  

Over/under on how many fights Florian has in the tournament?

That was an interesting pass by Trudeau when the puck was rolling towards the Habs net and he rushed to get it and then he instantly turned and no-look fired it up ice.  It seemed like it would be a turnover, but it went right to a Habs player just outside the Sabres blueline.  Not sure of that was a fluke or if he knew there was somebody there.  

It’s great to see hockey again even if the camera is from 1983. 

Beck looks good

Trudeau is going to be a NHL Dman. He is solid. 

Mailloux is simply terrible at reading the play in the Dzone. He has no idea where he should be. 

I don’t know most of the sweater numbers which sucks

34 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Trudeau is going to be a NHL Dman. He is solid.

Trudeau is looking real good so far this game.  If I remember correctly, he looked good last year in the preseason and was one of the last cuts.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

Trudeau is looking real good so far this game.  If I remember correctly, he looked good last year in the preseason and was one of the last cuts.

Yes, I remember saying the same things last year about Trudeau. 

I also thought that Xhekaj had some good shifts and he is quick in short bursts. 

Mailloux is miles away from NHL and I was unimpressed with his work ethic. 

Simoneau looked good too

14 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

... Mailloux is miles away from NHL and I was unimpressed with his work ethic ... 

Only the bleu-blanc-rouge tinted glasses-wearers thought he wouldn't need at least a season in Laval.

As I've said before, if eventually he can't figure out the defensive game I'd try him up front.

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yes, I remember saying the same things last year about Trudeau. 

I also thought that Xhekaj had some good shifts and he is quick in short bursts. 

Mailloux is miles away from NHL and I was unimpressed with his work ethic. 

Simoneau looked good too

I haven't seen much of Mailloux, just from things on this forum about him.  I expected from here, that he was some great prospect that fell because of his conviction.  He's either really uninspired or rusty if these comment are accurate about him.  From the game tonight, I would expect him to stand out in all the right ways.  He stood out in all the wrong ways, at least the first 2 periods, I missed the 3rd, I wandered off during the extended glass change.

nobody looked special to me. However, Roy looks like a smart player. Beck does not belong on the top scoring line. He doesnt have the imagination to drive the offence between Heinemen and Roy. Would of rather liked to see what Kidney and his playmaking could do for Emil and Roy instead of Becks no non sense approach in the O zone 

1 hour ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

nobody looked special to me. However, Roy looks like a smart player. Beck does not belong on the top scoring line. He doesnt have the imagination to drive the offence between Heinemen and Roy. Would of rather liked to see what Kidney and his playmaking could do for Emil and Roy instead of Becks no non sense approach in the O zone 

I was thinking last night that I wanted to see a few shifts with Mesar centering those two. I like his shifty creativity. 

Roy looked like a guy waiting for the puck, ready to do something but the puck rarely came. 

As for Mailloux, I was so unimpressed with his effort and his hockey IQ that I’m not sure he will ever make it. Laval is either going to sharpen him or chew him up and he better get his work habits in order. 

I can’t judge Mailloux on one training camp game that’s for sure but not a great first impression. 

Disappointed I won’t get to see Reinbacher play today (since I’m attending the game in Buffalo). 

But the Habs have so many prospects with potential - still worth the trip to see the game!

(plus - sadly, I’m friends 4 of the Bruins’ prospects from my time as the Youngstown Phantoms’ chaplain)