2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

On 11/13/2023 at 1:39 PM, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Struble is a beauty. Might make a great future defense partner for Arber. 

With the depth in D-prospects I am not certain he ends up ore than a 7D with Montreal in 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

With the depth in D-prospects I am not certain he ends up ore than a 7D with Montreal in 2-3 years.

That is entirely possible. It will be interesting to see what D prospects step up and grab a spot. A good area to have a lot of depth

Interesting strategy, spot the other team 4 goals and then try to come back.  Dobes was yanked after the first after allowing 4 goals on 14 shots.  Since then, Mann has shut Belleville down, allowing Laval to pot 6 unanswered to lead 6-4 with 4 minutes left.

Tonight's lines:

Simoneau - Stephens - Maillet

Roy - Gignac - Farrell

Davidson - Condotta - Armia

Kidney - Mysak - Legare

Paquette-Bisson - Mailloux

Trudeau - Beaudin

Norlinder - Galipeau

1-0 Lehigh Valley late in the 2nd.  Stephens (LBI) and Maillet (UBI) were injured in the first and won't return.

looked tired as the game progressed. A 5 minute power play with less than 4 minutes in the 3rd allowed them to score two.

I liked how Armia was playing on the powerplay, he almost tied it as the buzzer signaled the end of the game.

Dobes played well, deserved better

Lias Andersson is out 6-8 weeks with a lower-body injury while Riley McKay is day-to-day.  With the two injuries from last night (Stephens and Maillet), Nolan Yaremko and Alex-Olivier Voyer are up from the ECHL as Laval goes on its second road trip of the week.

Laval vs. Lehigh Valley recap & highlights: Rocket come up just short against the Phantoms - Habs Eyes on the Prize

"Still, their mettle to put up two late goals was impressive. This is a very young team without an ounce of quit in their DNA. We saw them two nights ago erase a four-goal deficit, and nearly do the same against three goals in this game. They’re a heck of a team to watch right now, and hopefully thanks to a few future Canadiens."

28 minutes ago, DON said:

Laval vs. Lehigh Valley recap & highlights: Rocket come up just short against the Phantoms - Habs Eyes on the Prize

"Still, their mettle to put up two late goals was impressive. This is a very young team without an ounce of quit in their DNA. We saw them two nights ago erase a four-goal deficit, and nearly do the same against three goals in this game. They’re a heck of a team to watch right now, and hopefully thanks to a few future Canadiens."

it was not the take from RDS commentators, they talked about how young the team is and how they had played 4 games in 6 nights with travel and that that fatigue showed.

The burst of energy at the end was good to see, but not what they highlighted.

I found Dobes pretty good in the loss, specially after getting yanked in his last start.

Lines for the final game of this stretch as they take on Utica:

Roy - Gignac - Farrell

Simoneau - Condotta - Armia

Kidney - Mysak - Legare

Davidson - Yaremko - Voyer

Paquette-Bisson - Mailloux

Struble - Trudeau

Norlinder - Keeper

Mann

Good point on Mysak, the few times I’ve watched LVL he shown energy on the plays and good forechecking. He seems to be shooting more but I am not sure he has much NHL-point potential 

https://www.habsworld.net/2023/11/rocket-weekly-a-good-showing-in-a-busy-week/

Lineup not looking good at all “

ils vont se faire manger tout ronds »