2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

Two points for Anderson! Oh, you said Andersson, never mind ...

Anyway, a nice debut for Reinbacher. And no attacks by the "AHL meatheads"?

David Reinbacher’s debut a success in big Laval Rocket win (habseyesontheprize.com)

Poor Justin.

"Laval received a tremendous boost to the lineup in the form of David Reinbacher arriving after the end of his NL season in Switzerland. His arrival pushed Mattias Norlinder out of the lineup, and Justin Barron down to the third pair next to Olivier Galipeau. Jakub Dobeš continued to be J.-F. Houle’s preferred starter, with Kasimir Kaskisuo backing him up."

From write up sounds like Mailloux had tough start to game;

• An errant pass turned into Tarun Fizer getting around Logan Mailloux and tucking his shot under the pad of Dobeš, making it a 1-0 game.
  • This was helped along by Mailloux removing himself for two minutes as he got into a shoving match with Cole Reinhardt around his net.
  • Mailloux bobbled a puck at his own blue line, resulting in Wyatt Bongiovanni getting a breakaway and burying his chance to make it 2-0.

Logan Mailloux Scores Huge OT Winner (2 PTs)/David Reinbacher Gets 1st in Debut - Highlights 3-22-24 (youtube.com)

4 hours ago, DON said:

David Reinbacher’s debut a success in big Laval Rocket win (habseyesontheprize.com)

Poor Justin.

"Laval received a tremendous boost to the lineup in the form of David Reinbacher arriving after the end of his NL season in Switzerland. His arrival pushed Mattias Norlinder out of the lineup, and Justin Barron down to the third pair next to Olivier Galipeau. Jakub Dobeš continued to be J.-F. Houle’s preferred starter, with Kasimir Kaskisuo backing him up."

From write up sounds like Mailloux had tough start to game;

• An errant pass turned into Tarun Fizer getting around Logan Mailloux and tucking his shot under the pad of Dobeš, making it a 1-0 game.
  • This was helped along by Mailloux removing himself for two minutes as he got into a shoving match with Cole Reinhardt around his net.
  • Mailloux bobbled a puck at his own blue line, resulting in Wyatt Bongiovanni getting a breakaway and burying his chance to make it 2-0.

Logan Mailloux Scores Huge OT Winner (2 PTs)/David Reinbacher Gets 1st in Debut - Highlights 3-22-24 (youtube.com)

Paquette-Bisson was the best defenseman, after Trudeau went down he made whoever he was playign with better defensively meaning that Galipeau and whoever was paired with him was weaker. When Barron and MAilloux were paired together (like in the goal) you could see they were not comfortable specially since they are both used to push to the offensive zone.

To Mailloux's credit, he pickeed himself up after the goal and won the game in over time, a "Matheson"-eske effort

This is a bold statement by the Rocket radio play by play announcer: comparing Mailloux to Subban’s rookie season 

but it is comparable 

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

This is a bold statement by the Rocket radio play by play announcer: comparing Mailloux to Subban’s rookie season 

but it is comparable 

The DEFENCE is the difference ... it has always been the question with Mailloux ... although I am not a big fan of +/-, PK went from +46 to -8 on a Habs team with the 8th best GAA in his rookie season.

10 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

The DEFENCE is the difference ... it has always been the question with Mailloux ... although I am not a big fan of +/-, PK went from +46 to -8 on a Habs team with the 8th best GAA in his rookie season.

I know, but given where MAilloux started at the begining of the season to now being a regular on the PK: he is still improving

Alfredoh, how is Yanic Perreault's boy doing with the Rocket?

I enjoy reading your commentary about the players in Laval Alfredoh... keep up the good work please.

16 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I know, but given where MAilloux started at the begining of the season to now being a regular on the PK: he is still improving

My point was simply that offensive stats do little to prove his readiness for the NHL ... it will be how HuGo et al assess his defensive play.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

That +46 was on a Bulldogs team that finished the season with a +89 goal differential, whereas the Rocket is currently at -9. And that, too, will impact an individual player's +/- score.

22 hours ago, Canajun said:

Alfredoh, how is Yanic Perreault's boy doing with the Rocket?

I enjoy reading your commentary about the players in Laval Alfredoh... keep up the good work please.

thanks.

I missed yesterday's game, but it seems he played. SOme comment's I've read is that he is in the middle of a scocring drought. He will not play against TOR this afternoon.

I was a fan of Misak, I didn;t think he had NHL potential, but liked how hard he trained and how hard he played despite his lack of size and skill. Perault is a better gamble for the Habs organization, but he is not helping LVL right now in their puch for the playoffs. He needs some time to adjust.

16 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Laval hangs on for the big 3-2 win. :1banana:  They also became the first team to reach the 1,000 PIM mark this season.

https://theahl.com/stats/game-summary/1026139

Thay have tied Belleville for the 5th spot but are only 3 points away from 3rd. A win today against TOR would solidify their playoff chances.

Kaskisuo will play against his old team this afternoon, I hope he has a good game.

2-1 mid-way through the 2nd. Barron is having an excellent defensive game.

After a ad goal by Kaskisuo, he redeemed himself with a great save, and shortly after McKay and Bourque made it 2-1

It's a good game by Laval, so far

a few great saves by Kaskisuo, leads to a great outbreak pass by Reinbacher. Farrelll  finishes it. 3-1 good guys!