Game 1 - Montréal vs. Toronto ... 7 p.m. - 2023-10-11

GHT120

Leaf "identifiers" are back ... not for habs ... maybe just on PPs?

Per TVA ... Habs are the team against whom Matthews has scored the most goals

Not sure what those who like Savard find appealing. I hope we move him this deadline.

the guy is pretty useless. He really has made bad passes and looked like the worst dmen most of the night so far. I really don’t see him as anything more than a 6th/7th dmen.

the D tonight is exhibit A why I don’t there is any hope in hell for playoffs. Watching the leafs move the puck around on the PP should be a learning moment for our coaches and players. Fast movement and mixing it up on the shooters.

It seemed to re-energize Toronto when the goal got called back.  Couple that with Allen letting in a softy to start their scoring, and he didn't look comfortable on his second against.  At least the 3rd wasn't his fault. 

I think it'll be a great test to see if Montreal can come back.  Up until the goal got called back, they were playing well.  I think there's a decent chance this one isn't as over as we think it may be.

18 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Leaf "identifiers" are back ... not for habs ... maybe just on PPs?

Didn't they do that last year too on the power plays?  ESPN does that for their games when it's a man advantage.

Tough period.  The offside call was the right one but then to not get a shot after that isn't good.  Everyone thought that was going to be the turning point.  Unfortunately, the Habs did too.

Just now, dlbalr said:

Unfortunately, the Habs did too.

😆

47 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Who was it that won the board battle and made that pass out of the Habs’ zone to set up the rush?

Answering my own question: it was Kovacevic. A good play on the boards to make the rush possible.

I’m okay now that Caufield scored again

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

NEWHOOK IS OFF DA HOOK - AGAIN!!

Slaf and Dach making good plays too 👍

That line looks good. If they keep it up, we should have at least two good lines. It’s too bad the third line looks like it should be called the LTIR line.

Just now, tomh009 said:

Regardless of how this ends, at this point I can declare myself happy with this particular season opener. 😊

I want us to beat the leafs. I love how silent their crowd is right now.

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

I want us to beat the leafs. I love how silent their crowd is right now.

I ALWAYS want the Leafs to lose. Beating them in the home opener is always sweet.

30 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Not sure what those who like Savard find appealing. I hope we move him this deadline.

the guy is pretty useless. He really has made bad passes and looked like the worst dmen most of the night so far. I really don’t see him as anything more than a 6th/7th dmen.

the D tonight is exhibit A why I don’t there is any hope in hell for playoffs. Watching the leafs move the puck around on the PP should be a learning moment for our coaches and players. Fast movement and mixing it up on the shooters.

No one likes.savard.  hes just a vet place holder til the kids are ready.  He will be gone before we are ready to compete.