Game 13 Habs at Detroit 7pm Thurs Nov 9

4 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Has anyone else noticed that Petry has been a healthy scratch for numerous games?  i.e. he's only played in 8 of their 13 games.  It seems like the Wings are already regretting that trade and they have him another year.

Injury kept him out for two or three of those, I believe but he has been scratched.  They have a bit of a rotation going for those last two spots.

28 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

How many people still think Arber isn't ready and shouldn't be in the NHL?

I think he should be in Laval.  I don't see him having much room for growth in his current role but going to Laval and playing 23, 24 minutes a night in all situations (he's basically down to ES-only with the Habs) I think would be much more beneficial.  If they want to see if he can handle a top-four role, giving him a chance to do that in Laval for a bit first makes a lot of sense development-wise.  I'm sure that's not the popular answer but I think long-term, that would be the better move.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

not me, in my view it would best for the Canadien to stay the Rocket with their best prospects for them to learn to win together at that level; at the same time, I would plug the NHL holes with placeholder players to do a soft-tank and get as many high picks as possible 

I absolutely agree with seeing the Rocket win the Calder but those prospects dont need to play the entire season there to accomplish that.  In fact, that is another part of the suggestion to bring Mailloux up.  i.e. someone would be sent down.  I'd like to know what is the requirement to qualify to play in the Calder Cup?  Is there a certain amount of AHL games played someone needs?  I'm thinking for Reinbacher, and some of the Habs sophomore dmen; if they are yo-yoed up and down a few times could they qualify to play in the playoffs with the Rocket?   

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I absolutely agree with seeing the Rocket win the Calder but those prospects dont need to play the entire season there to accomplish that.  In fact, that is another part of the suggestion to bring Mailloux up.  i.e. someone would be sent down.  I'd like to know what is the requirement to qualify to play in the Calder Cup?  Is there a certain amount of AHL games played someone needs?  I'm thinking for Reinbacher, and some of the Habs sophomore dmen; if they are yo-yoed up and down a few times could they qualify to play in the playoffs with the Rocket?  

On the roster before the trade deadline (hence the paper transactions we see sometimes at 2:59 on deadline day) or assigned from a non-NHL organization post-deadline (Reinbacher would be eligible if he doesn't go to Montreal first).  ATO's and PTO's also are eligible.  Games played don't matter for eligibility.

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think he should be in Laval.  I don't see him having much room for growth in his current role but going to Laval and playing 23, 24 minutes a night in all situations (he's basically down to ES-only with the Habs) I think would be much more beneficial.  If they want to see if he can handle a top-four role, giving him a chance to do that in Laval for a bit first makes a lot of sense development-wise.  I'm sure that's not the popular answer but I think long-term, that would be the better move.

I actually fully agree with that but with the exception of him permanently being in the AHL.  The Habs have quite a few guys that are waiver exempt and they be micromanaging and exploit the crap out of that.  ex:  bring up Mailloux for 1 month, send each sophomore dman down for 1 week and when they're down play them 25+ mins and in situations they need to work on.    Obviously, if Mailloux is a complete utter failure real quick then don't go through with a full month.  Plus, it could 1 week/mth  bring up Mailloux.  

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

On the roster before the trade deadline (hence the paper transactions we see sometimes at 2:59 on deadline day) or assigned from a non-NHL organization post-deadline (Reinbacher would be eligible if he doesn't go to Montreal first).  ATO's and PTO's also are eligible.  Games played don't matter for eligibility.

Thanks for that info!!

I had no idea but was thinking Reinbacher might have to play his 1st few games with the Rocket to be eligible for their playoffs.  Either way, thats another thing I want to see is to micro manage them so that numerous of the youngsters can be in the playoffs even if its AHL.  That'd be better than nothing.  ex:  Slaf, maybe WiFi, who else could benefit from a deep AHL playoff run?  

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Primeau could of covered the corner a little better, but that was a hell of a shot.  He could take that same shot 10 times and only hit it once.

Ya, Primeau might have been able to play that a bit better but he did play it well and the goal wasn't his fault because that was an incredibly accurate shot.  

10 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Gally being feisty.

Did anyone see Gally nailed Seider real good in an open ice hit by the Habs blueline and sent him flying into the boards at the Habs bench moments before that play ended?  That's why Seider slashed and x-checked him.

That was awesome.  What a fitting ending to that game for Cole to draw such a dumb penalty and then get the winner.

However, they are lucky they won.  I definitely wasn't liking what I was seeing from the Habs in the majority of that OT.

ex:

Why did Nick shoot from 30 feet away?  He did beat Reimer but not the post but still on a 4 on 3 they shouldn't be shooting from 30 feet away.  They should be able to get much closer and be shooting from 15 feet out.  

Plus, their 3 on 3 d coverage was garbage.  i.e. why in the hell were they essentially doing picks on themselves?  ex:  when Debrincat would cross over and change sides the Habs player covering him would skate into their linemate who was covering the other Wings player.  That was crazy that happened once let alone numerous times.  It was a miracle the Wings didn't score in that sequence.  

I missed it the Slaf was benched in the third, did anyone notice this?

"Regardless, benching your first overall pick (who was having a decent game) doesn’t sound like a great idea – period."

Benching a player sets up accountability.  He's a first overall pick, not Wayne Gretzky.  There's been talk of shipping him to the AHL all season.  First step is benching, see how he responds, next is a healthy scratch, see how he responds, then send him down.  It's all stages of development.  It's showing St. Louis is holding players accountable for their play, which is nothing but a good thing.

8 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Benching a player sets up accountability.  

Slafkovski's last shift was at 55:18, so a 19 yr old in a tie game vs division rival dosent play in last 4+ minutes, isnt a big deal, is it? He played 13+minutes.

10 Thoughts: Another OT Winner For Caufield – HabsWorld.net

Caufield- 3 game winning OT goals of the 5 he has scored, quite something.

Monahan 7 game point streak, value rising (stay healthy for 4 more months please) & 2PP goals 13th best PP now.:thumbs_up:

Captain is doing well and hitting a few posts lately also and love to see him get shooting (4 shots).

and nice to see Matheson give his head a shake or something and have a solid game.

Nice that St Louis isnt scared to shake things up... for 1 game at least.

56 minutes ago, DON said:

Slafkovski's last shift was at 55:18, so a 19 yr old in a tie game vs division rival dosent play in last 4+ minutes, isnt a big deal, is it? He played 13+minutes.

No ... but "he was benched" is sooooo much more dramatic than "he didn't play in the last 4:42".

I guess it was click-bait from Dumont.

I really liked how well Slaf played this game, he has had a few good games and seems to be progressing in the right direction.