Game 32 Habs at Wild 8pm Thursday Dec 21

Prime Minister Koivu

Poll for fun  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Habs trade a goalie this season?

• Yes
    • No

Son of a, that ending sucked; but that was a crazy shot.  Was that puck even on the ice or did he knock it out of the air?    

I missed the 1st but the rest of it looked fairly decent except for 2 things.  They seemed terrible at when to pressure and use their stick.  Quite a few times they should have pressured the puck carrier and didn't.  Plus, tons of times I saw them have their stick out but then the puck was passed by them they didn't extend their arm and try to knock the puck away.  Having a stick in their hand is pointless if they're just holding it.

2 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Wild took advantage of no Wifi or Pez. When neither the sheriff or deputy are in town the thugs run rampant. 

I didnt that impacted the game at all, Heineman seemed smarter option than Pezzetta and Xhekaj is doing OK playing in Laval working on his defense, which also seems the right thing to do for now.

I thought Wild playing Maroon was a bonus for Habs and Foligno is a good physical player, but not sure if a fight with him would of done much good?

Dumb play by Savard taking penalty, quickly turned into a Minni goal, i know that. I like Savard defending goalie, but was bit overboard.

20 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Wild took advantage of no Wifi or Pez. When neither the sheriff or deputy are in town the thugs run rampant. 

They did?  I mean rossi fighting Guhle still seems kinda dumb by rossi... rossi getting the instigator and losing the fight seemed to work for montreal.

It leading to another 4 minute PP later when the wild got the double roughing also seemed to work jn the Habs favour.

But sure... tell yourself that it was cause Pezz and Wifi not playing that the Habs lost.

19 hours ago, Neech said:

Happy for Slaf to get that goal. Even if it was a bit fluky with the deflections, he's been working hard and deserves it. 

I was happy to Slaf score too.

I also liked this a lot: when the announcer said  “Caufield battles him off the puck” referencing Kiprasov along the halfboards in the O-zone.   We don’t see that often and that was a great play by Cole to over power another player along the boards. 

It is interesting that Cole hasn't had much luck scoring this year, but other than that all the other aspects of his game have improve dramatically.   He is now playing a much more well rounded game which is great, but I'd rather see him scoring at the same time.  Hopefully, he figures out how to do both.  

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I was happy to Slaf score too.

I also liked this a lot: when the announcer said  “Caufield battles him off the puck” referencing Kiprasov along the halfboards in the O-zone.   We don’t see that often and that was a great play by Cole to over power another player along the boards. 

It is interesting that Cole hasn't had much luck scoring this year, but other than that all the other aspects of his game have improve dramatically.   He is now playing a much more well rounded game which is great, but I'd rather see him scoring at the same time.  Hopefully, he figures out how to do both.  

reading your post right after reading your post about Lehkonen on another thread makes me link these two ideas

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

[...] The identical thing basically happened with Lehks too.  ex:  both could barely score 15g/yr and were line casted as 3rd and 4th liners.  However, after they left the Habs they essentially doubled their goal output.  Nobody really saw that coming, but I wasn't highly surprised by Lehks.  On their new teams Lehks is 1st or 2nd liner and Danault was 2nd line C (until they got Dubois).   

The Habs defense 1st ideology seems to hamper goal scoring and similar might be happening with Cole this year.  i.e. the major emphasis they put on defense might make the shooters paranoid about missing the net.  If they miss the puck could bounce off the back boards and leave the O-zone so they stop aiming for the top corners and end up shooting at the goalie = easy saves vs goals.

[...]

I just hope the loss in production by Caufield is temporary and that he finds his scoring touch as before

21 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

reading your post right after reading your post about Lehkonen on another thread makes me link these two ideas

I just hope the loss in production by Caufield is temporary and that he finds his scoring touch as before

With St-Louis as the coach, I am much less concerned about that.