GAME#34 Habs vs Carolina 7pm Thursday Dec 28th

DON

Does Allen get the star to try to tempt Don Waddell?

Couple moves.

Montreal Canadiens activate Jordan Harris, send Emil Heineman to the Laval Rocket - Habs Eyes on the Prize

"Harris was paired with Northeastern teammate Jayden Struble in practice. Fellow Northeastern alum Cayden Primeau will get the start in goal for the Canadiens.

I heard Harris is playing today. Kovacevic is supposedly sitting... i guess someone has to.

Odd move to opt for 12 F and 8 D.  Are they that worried about Lindstrom clearing waivers?  Unless this is just a one-day thing since they can't waive Lindstrom until later today but even then, there's a way around that which could have allowed Harris to still play tonight.  Heineman was okay in his first two games but generally speaking, carrying 12 F on a road trip is risky.

Kovacevic was just filling in for Caufield who was getting treatment.

21 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Carolina is only three points ahead of Montreal, and the Habs have a game in hand. And only one of these teams is rebuilding!

I would love to win this one.

I was wondering if anyone other than me was considering this game to be 1 of those important 4 point games.  That is how I view this game and the next 2 games will be as well.

I hope they win tonight and the next 2 games because those games are more important for playoff hopes than their last 3.  It's unlikely they will win all 3 but maybe they can get 5/6 points again on this road trip. 

14 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I was wondering if anyone other than me was considering this game to be 1 of those important 4 point games.  That is how I view this game and the next 2 games will be as well.

I hope they win tonight and the next 2 games because those games are more important for playoff hopes than their last 3.  It's unlikely they will win all 3 but maybe they can get 5/6 points again on this road trip. 

You are not the only one, plus beating KK is always sweet.  Hope they stick it to the canes tonight.  Go Habs!!!

That was a decent period for a road game and the last 5 seconds was the highlight.

Thank god Marty challenged the Cannes 3rd goal.  I wasn't sure how that 1 would go, but I did think that the Cannes player prevented Primeau from being able to move.   The announcers seemed to think that Dvorak's stick would negate the Cannes player being in the crease but I'm glad they were wrong.  

Pezz with the near-miss.

Damn that was a lucky save by Raanta.  Did anyone else notice that he tried to punch Gally on that play?  That seemed to be why he was somewhat out of position.  

D'oh, I was hoping for another late period goal to tie it again.  Oh well. they're only down by 1.

Hope slafkovsky is okay.

Wouldn't surprise me if he sustained a concussion on the hit, he stayed down for a while.

I think I can say I've seen enough of Barron. He definitely has some solid offensive skills but the defensive gaffes are too much for me. 

6 minutes ago, sim.on said:

I think I can say I've seen enough of Barron. He definitely has some solid offensive skills but the defensive gaffes are too much for me. 

Is St-Louis rotating the D? Maybe we'll see Kovacevic back next game in place of Barron. I'm not giving up on him yet but he still needs some development.