image.png

Does Gallagher return to the lineup?

Does he deserve to return to lineup

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

image.png

Good point.

Noy sure he deserves it, but Ylonen hasn’t done anything in an extended look.  Roy will likely be taken out to make room, or Pezz even tho he doesn’t deserve it.

On merit alone you could sit a few players (Andy cough cough), but Pezz is usually the guy to take the hit.

Perhaps some rest will bring back a revitalized Gally..?

I would sit Roy against the NYR and play Gallagher on the 3rd line. I want to see Ylonen play more time with Gignac and Pezzetta does not deserve to be taken out.

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would sit Roy against the NYR and play Gallagher on the 3rd line. I want to see Ylonen play more time with Gignac and Pezzetta does not deserve to be taken out.

If they are going to sit Roy, better to send him down ... The Rocket have 3-in-3 this weekend, so they need bodies ... I-M-O Roy either needs to play full-time or be in Laval ... I prefer the Laval option.

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

If they are going to sit Roy, better to send him down ... The Rocket have 3-in-3 this weekend, so they need bodies ... I-M-O Roy either needs to play full-time or be in Laval ... I prefer the Laval option.

it is Wednesday, they can send him down tomorrow. Let's wait until after the game in case the curse befalls on one of our Habbies

46 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

it is Wednesday, they can send him down tomorrow. Let's wait until after the game in case the curse befalls on one of our Habbies

If they send him down tomorrow they can't "wait until after the game" ... 😜

I didn't mean immediately ... even *** IF *** they don't plan to play him, he will undoubtedly travel to NY because they only have 13F and 7D, so an extra body in case something happens before the game is only prudent ... but I expect they will tell him to pack for the weekend and fly him to Hartford after the game ... if he plays against the Rangers, I expect he sits out Friday or Saturday for Laval; 4-in-4 nights would be a bit much to ask.

It is also ENTIRELY possible they plan to keep him with the Habs for a stretch ... in which case The Rocket get no "help from above".

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

image.png

Probably and he’ll no!

Anderson 2pts in last 14 gms 16:19/gm (2:18 on pp/gm)

Ylonen 1pt in last 16gms 10:15/gm(0.50 on PP/gm; Roy 1:12 on PP/gm)

Gallagher 4pts in last 10gms 14:11/gm (1:48 on PP/gm)

Hope Anderson gets a night off.

4 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Noy sure he deserves it, but Ylonen hasn’t done anything in an extended look. 

Ylonen did score a goal against St Louis, but was denied because the refs judged that the Kovacevic fight had started before the puck entered the net.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Ylonen did score a goal against St Louis, but was denied because the refs judged that the Kovacevic fight had started before the puck entered the net.

(1) I thought that was the correct call
(2) Even if allowed, that would have been his first (non-shoot-out) goal since November 16th ... almost 3 months ... but he is only a 21g/72gm scorer in the AHL ... as I've said before, I don't see him as more than a 4th liner.

Not arguing that it wasn't the correct call. But he did get the puck in the net this time.

Not much production indeed, but he also hasn't had linemates with much skill or much ice time, let alone a PP opportunity. I don't think he's really a good fit for a fourth line but that appears to be the only option on the Habs. He may end up not getting a qualifying offer; if that happens, he may end up being picked up by another team. Or back to Europe.

21 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Not arguing that it wasn't the correct call. But he did get the puck in the net this time.

Using the "but it went in the net" logic, Gallagher has about a 100 more goals ... 😄 😉

Not much production indeed, but he also hasn't had linemates with much skill or much ice time, let alone a PP opportunity.

Pezzetta has matched his goal output getting 2:30 less TOI ... and Ylonen has done little to earn PP time, which is I-M-O especially telling on a team that has only recently begun to have any success on the PP and still only has one truly functioning unit.

He may end up not getting a qualifying offer; if that happens, he may end up being picked up by another team. Or back to Europe.

Habs only have 15 open contract slots for 24/25 ... and only Xhekaj, Barron and Stephens really needing contracts ... maybe Ylonen, Maillot, Anderrson and Norlinder ... but there will be graduating "juniors/Euros", maybe a UFA/RFA (I dream of Pettersson) or two, trades and flexibility for next season ... so I suspect he may be on the bubble.

6 hours ago, GHT120 said:

If they send him down tomorrow they can't "wait until after the game" ... 😜

I didn't mean immediately ... even *** IF *** they don't plan to play him, he will undoubtedly travel to NY because they only have 13F and 7D, so an extra body in case something happens before the game is only prudent ... but I expect they will tell him to pack for the weekend and fly him to Hartford after the game ... if he plays against the Rangers, I expect he sits out Friday or Saturday for Laval; 4-in-4 nights would be a bit much to ask.

It is also ENTIRELY possible they plan to keep him with the Habs for a stretch ... in which case The Rocket get no "help from above".

Ahhhh! The game is tomorrow Thursday 😕 

That shows how little interest I have in the Habs this year

Can’t wait for the season to be over 

51 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Can’t wait for the season to be over 

I just hope for the core/future players to have outstanding, productive & entertaining last 30 games... so is a given, i will watch every game live or recorded till bitter end, again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I still think there is more there l but obviously St. Louis doesnt trust him so its best for both sides to cut bait

Exactly. He's not the right fit for the fourth line, but that's where St-Louis has him. Another team might give him a middle-six opportunity and succeed in a reclamation project. Maybe.

5 hours ago, DON said:

I just hope for the core/future players to have outstanding, productive & entertaining last 30 games... so is a given, i will watch every game live or recorded till bitter end, again.

I record and watch all games. I am with you in cheering for the team, happy for any positives

This season is just a drag on my fandom, I did not expect them to be so riddled with injuries after all the positive spin the Habs PR made in the offseason. I thought they would have a better season 

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

This season is just a drag on my fandom, I did not expect them to be so riddled with injuries after all the positive spin the Habs PR made in the offseason. 

Physicians and training staff can have little impact on preventing the type of injuries the Habs have suffered this season ... the changes were made because of how players were handled after they were injured.

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

...I thought they would have a better season 

I think i guessed 28th place, so about as expected, just had hoped for no young Dach-type injuries, but always are injuries for every team. Nice to hear Dach is skating a bit, out for season i know just hadnt heard any other updates lately.

Rangers are a strong team, hope Habs make it interesting at least.

12 minutes ago, DON said:

i know just hadnt heard any other updates lately

I actually respect them for simply saying "out indefinitely" rather than day-to-day becoming week-to-week becoming month-to-month ... only offering updates when there is actual news to share is consistent with initial assessments of "out indefinitely" or for multiple months ... or worse, returning for a game or two and then restarting the overly optimistic evaluations.

14 minutes ago, DON said:

Rangers are a strong team, hope Habs make it interesting at least.

That they are ... Habs should be on a "high" and Rangers might "play down" to the Habs' record

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Physicians and training staff can have little impact on preventing the type of injuries the Habs have suffered this season ... the changes were made because of how players were handled after they were injured.

Exactly, the training/medical staff isn't going to have much effect in preventing injuries in a contact sport. Sure they can do some (but not everything) in avoiding non-contact injuries. The biggest thing they can do is always going to be about their recovery after the injury. 

Ylonen is an example of the kind of prospect that we, as fans, would have pinned huge hopes on in the era from Houle to Bergevin. He seems fast, smart, capable - almost a PPG in the A - so you think, “he should be able to do something.” And yet he is utterly unproductive, a total cipher at the NHL level.

I’m sympathetic to the idea that there is more there, but we should remember: he is currently playing on one of the worst FW units and one of the worst teams in the league. If he can’t make himself an important cog in that environment, is he really going to do better on a team that actually has quality depth at the FW position? 

I think he may wind up being just another one of those washouts who seemed promising and yet never did squat.