Game #56: Sabres at Canadiens, 21 February, 7 PM

tomh009

9 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Hey, I recognize that we have nothing to play for (apart from seeing young guys improve), and I recognize that the higher pick is the better pick. But I still don’t cheer for them to lose, when I’m watching games. “Frustration” is a bit of a strong word for it…but I feel a lot less motivated to watch under these conditions for sure. At least this game was pretty entertaining.

Yeah, Slaf and CC both struggled, relatively speaking.

Yes, I’m not frustrated as well but I was just wondering if it was normal for me to still have that competitive edge as a spectator of a team with nothing to play for. I still want them to win and found myself staring blankly at the screen for 10 seconds after the loss. I’m not delusional but while it’s certainly to a much lesser degree, I still have that inner child mentality within. Not that my mood depends on it but a win (even this season) makes me happy and a loss leaves me without seeing any saving grace.

29 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Slafkovsky had a bit of a tough game. 

Not bothered by losing at this point. I wouldn’t mind the 5th pick or better if we get lucky

I don't feel right cheering for the Habs to lose and at this point it is better for the Habs to finish below the Sabers and Sens this year.  They have both had more years of sucking and drafting high so the Habs sorta need to draft higher than them this year.  

I would have preferred for the Habs to come back and win this game because the Sabers can get ahead of them from other games but meh.  

What kind of miracle do we need for the stupid Sens to pass the Habs in the standings?  Same with Arizona - wth have they been doing to have 10 straight losses?  

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Hey, I recognize that we have nothing to play for (apart from seeing young guys improve), and I recognize that the higher pick is the better pick. But I still don’t cheer for them to lose, when I’m watching games. “Frustration” is a bit of a strong word for it…but I feel a lot less motivated to watch under these conditions for sure. At least this game was pretty entertaining.

Couldn't watch tonight, but an entertaining close game seems all right, especially with Roy and Xhekaj playing well. Sabres now two points clear of the Habs which is not a bad thing.

Wins will come more often next year.

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

What kind of miracle do we need for the stupid Sens to pass the Habs in the standings?  Same with Arizona - wth have they been doing to have 10 straight losses? 

Sens now three points behind but three games in hand. Maybe they could win one or two?

Clearly these two teams are our nemeses for the draft positions.

Roy is playing well for a rookie, I am happy for him and for the Habs future. Anderson was buzzing around but no points to show for; Armia, Anderson and Gallagher are unfortunately place holders on this team.

I did like Slafkovsky's game, despite the three penalties. He was involved, just needs to learn from this game. Caufield had a bit of a rough game, some unforced turnovers.

Suzuki is a gem of a player.

and Harris did have a good game, when he can skate and position himself he is very effective. There was one zone entry where he hit a wall when checked at the blue line, nothing he could do there. A good game by the D

15 hours ago, GHT120 said:

BTW - did I notice that it is Sabres "dad trip" ... wonder why so many mom/dad trips include Montreal?

Original 6 market, different country, and a bit of a unique culture relative to most other hockey markets.  Any of those would appeal to a team doing a trip like that.

17 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Original 6 market, different country, and a bit of a unique culture relative to most other hockey markets.  Any of those would appeal to a team doing a trip like that.

Plus chez paree

23 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Plus chez paree

👍

Forgot to add a 😉 to my initial post