Game 64 Habs at Leafs 7 pm Sat March 9

Did the Habs do well in the Allen trade?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Good return for Allen?

• Great trade
    • Mediocre trade
    • Terrible trade

4 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I think we all agree that Dach is such a key. If I have one wish for next year it's that Dach can stay healthy so we can at least find out what we have.

A 2nd wish for next year would be for Florida to tank but that is likely wishful thinking as they have a very strong team. 

I'm hearing that Dach might play in some of the last games of this season.  He's recovering well and giving him a few games wont risk him over compensating and causing another injury.

I want Florida to tank next year too and with some injury luck it might be possible.  Last year NJ was really strong and they were sellers at this years trade deadline.

Arber had a fairly poor game defensively but he did have 7 shots.  Surprisingly, Pezz had 8 hits and only played 6:45 mins.

Domi seemed to go after Slaf numerous times, well when no other Habs were around.  There was 1 scrum around the Habs net where Domi was at his best behavior and just stood there like a saint, but WiFi was standing right there.  

Slaf was a beast last night. He was dominant along the boards and made a few elite passes. Once his shot gets up to speed we'll have ourselves a full blown power forward!

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm hearing that Dach might play in some of the last games of this season.  He's recovering well and giving him a few games wont risk him over compensating and causing another injury.

I'm not hoping for that ... all I want for him and Dvo is to have full, normal summers to prepare for training camp.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I'm not hoping for that ... all I want for him and Dvo is to have full, normal summers to prepare for training camp.

I cannot find it within my heart to give a rat's tuchus about Dvorak...but yes, a healthy Dach would be a godsend

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I cannot find it within my heart to give a rat's tuchus about Dvorak...but yes, a healthy Dach would be a godsend

A healthy Dvorak is closer to being tradeable, that is my only interest ... unless he opens next season in a manner that earns my interest.

4 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Surprisingly, Pezz had 8 hits and only played 6:45 mins.

The top line played 21+ minutes (almost 25 for Suzuki!) and Newhook/Armia played over 17, so there really wasn't a lot of ice time left over for the third and fourth lines.

One thing to remember is that a lot of hits means that your team probably doesn't have the puck much: legal hits require the opposing player to be the puck carrier. So, top teams have fewer hits, all other things being equal.

8 hours ago, GHT120 said:

100% agree. Why the hell would we want to take a chance at him coming back right now!! Dvorak - who cares. Hopefully we can dump him in the offseason anyways - although I won’t hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

One thing to remember is that a lot of hits means that your team probably doesn't have the puck much: legal hits require the opposing player to be the puck carrier. So, top teams have fewer hits, all other things being equal.

Pezzetta just got a boost in hits, they recalibrated what they call a hit or are using video to track em better, or something like that. He was happy, as he was complaining at his hit stat line after games was wrong.

So he does take pride in that stat.

Montembeault blew this one.

Worst rebound control I’ve seen in a long time, not a great sign for a goalie we are pinning hopes on.

2 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

Montembeault blew this one.

Worst rebound control I’ve seen in a long time, not a great sign for a goalie we are pinning hopes on.

Because of the one rebound that then bounced in off Tavares?

• Upvote 1