GAME 76 - Montreal vs Toronto - 7 p.m. - April 6, 2021

Kill me now.

Clumsy rebound control from Monty there, but the D is in chaos. 

Pezzetta gets his clock cleaned by Reaves.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: 🤮

42 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It'd be a damned shame for him to end the season on that note. He's been like a man reborn this season.

This season, or this calendar year?

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

True. An otherworldly goal.

And a superb play by Slafkovsky to get the pass to Suzuki.

38 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Pezzetta gets his clock cleaned by Reaves.

I'm not sure what Pezzetta was thinking there.  Or if he was thinking.  He is a willing fighter but isn't very good at it.  Reaves is a very good fighter.  If you want to try to pick a fight to spark momentum, why go after the guy who you know is going to win handily, handing that potential momentum to the Leafs?

9 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I'm not sure what Pezzetta was thinking there.  Or if he was thinking.  He is a willing fighter but isn't very good at it.  Reaves is a very good fighter.  If you want to try to pick a fight to spark momentum, why go after the guy who you know is going to win handily, handing that potential momentum to the Leafs?

With looks like those, you’d hope he has brains, but apparently Pezzetta has neither

Not a bad third period but they weren't able to generate a whole lot offensively.  For the second straight game, a bad 10-minute stretch in the second really did them in.  Wonder why it's always that period that seems to be their problem spot.

Well as much as I hate losing to the leafs not a bad result. Suzuki gets two more points - still a chance at 80.

Caufield gets a goal - hopefully goes on a tear in the remaining games to get to 30. Not likely, but if he goes on the type of tear like last year, it’s not impossible.

would have been nice if the Sens won.

9 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Trust me, the hype is still there.  There's plenty of talk about how he is playing his best hockey in a long time (he had one whole point last month) and how he's a must-play player to start the playoffs.

I hope that Sheldon Keefe is listening to that inane bullspit. Reaves will hurt the Laughs far more than he will help them in the playoffs 

13 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He wasn't thinking. It was a little embarrassing.  We missed having Arber in the lineup.

We missed Guhle far more.  And yes we missed Arber too, but more for his defensive play than for the fight.

The "momentum" of the fight wasnt the reason the Habs lost.  It was what 3-0 or 4-0 when the fight happened?  It was actually the Habs who were better afterwards, so im not sure how it helped Toronto.

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

We missed Guhle far more.  And yes we missed Arber too, but more for his defensive play than for the fight.

The "momentum" of the fight wasnt the reason the Habs lost.  It was what 3-0 or 4-0 when the fight happened?  It was actually the Habs who were better afterwards, so im not sure how it helped Toronto.

Losing the fight didn't bother me I'm hockey terms, it's just annoying to have your player get pounded on a night when the Leafs are clobbering us on the scoreboard. Insult, meet injury.

Good point about Guhle. The D looked horrible in the 2nd especially and he surely would have helped.

58 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Of course, the momentum of the fight was not the reason the Habs lost, not all. My point was that on a night when we were getting smoked by Toronto, it was also embarrassing to get your ass kicked in a fight. Having Arber in the lineup would have made the 2nd part a lot less likely. 

If you watched the after game Sportsnet panel, Bieksa said that the leafs have an amazing fourth line and that Reaves is key to playoff success. 

It made me chuckle then a warm comfort enveloped me because if the hope of leaf nation is Reaves then they aren’t winning anytime soon 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

It was actually the Habs who were better afterwards, so im not sure how it helped Toronto.

Although the Habs almost immediately (29 seconds) surrendered the 4-0 goal by McMann

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Losing the fight didn't bother me I'm hockey terms, it's just annoying to have your player get pounded on a night when the Leafs are clobbering us on the scoreboard. Insult, meet injury.

Good point about Guhle. The D looked horrible in the 2nd especially and he surely would have helped.

Meh... maybe its just cause i consider these staged fights off a faceoff to be a clown show.  Im not embarrassed to see a Hab player lose or excited to see a win.  Just think they are pointless and unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Meh... maybe its just cause i consider these staged fights off a faceoff to be a clown show. 

100%

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Meh... maybe its just cause i consider these staged fights off a faceoff to be a clown show.  

I agree about staged fights.  That fight last night was not so much a staged fight as it was Reaves being a bully and picking on a middleweight.  When you look at the reply Pezzetta very reluctantly agreed. Last night sucked on a lot of levels.