2023/2024 season playoff discussion

Thats all true but how has HuGO moved away from that player.  They clearly love Guhle and xhekaj, and drafted Reinbacher with a premium pick.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

He did?  He brought in Chiarot, Edmundson, and Savard on NHL deals and signed Xhekaj to his ELC.  If anything, I think he was a little too enamoured with the big, physical defencemen you're describing; he certainly didn't move away from them.

you are right, I was remembering more Mete, Kulak, Reilly, Clague but those were not part of the core

thanks!

May 1, 2024: Toronto war room gets a call correct and rules a good goal where the puck was not seen entirely over the goal line.  

i.e.:  the Kings goalie caught the puck and then his glove crossed the goal line.  

I wasn't sure how they would rule that one but I figured they wouldn't find it to be a good goal.

You could see the flex in the glove when the puck hit it and his whole glove was basically over the goal line.   

In the past I've definitely seen other similar plays where they didn't rule it a goal.

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I think the question was more whether Reinbacher will be able to protect Hutson if a Nashville-like team employed similar tactics to what the Preds are doing to Hughes ... of course there is, in my mind, a question of whether Hughes is 100% and how much that is impacting his ability to avoid the Preds punishment.

That's why I believe it is unlikely they end up paired together other than on the PP.   Reinbacher will eat big mins and Lane probably can't play 20+ mins/gm.  Lane will need to play with a strong tough dman.   In the playoffs they will try to grind down Lane but they have to hit him/catch him 1st.  

Numerous of you are seeing why toughness is important.  I'm not writing Van off yet but they needed Pezz type players to go deep in these playoffs.  i.e. they are talented like T.O. but they're weak like them too.  If they manage to win rnd 2 they will be more banged up than teams after the Cup Final.  They have 0 chance of winning a 3rd rnd - same as when previous Habs teams other than run of 21 made it that far.

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Sportsnet leaf Homer panel is ridiculous. 

Leafs gotta get bounced tonight 

Rogers owns something like 40% of the leafs (and Bell owns the same percentage). 

Why are people surprised that the Sportsnet and TSN panels are always biased in favour of the leafs. 

Do you think that the talking heads are going to criticize their bosses' prize asset?

34 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Rogers owns something like 40% of the leafs (and Bell owns the same percentage). 

Why are people surprised that the Sportsnet and TSN panels are always biased in favour of the leafs. 

Do you think that the talking heads are going to criticize their bosses' prize asset?

Fair enough it’s just annoying. 

That Marchand penalty was terrible officiating. 

Leafs look pretty good unfortunately 

It wouldn't shock me if the Leafs come back and win this series. I just don't think the Bruins are that good. They are good but far from a great team. I think they squeezed everything they could out of that group during the regular season and they can't elevate their game in the playoffs. They do have good goaltending though. Florida on the other hand will be a tough tough opponent.

The Bruins had 2 shots in the 1st period of game 5 and 1 shot in the 1st period tonight. Something is wrong there. They are not ready. The Bruins only win tonight if Swayman is 1st star of the game. 

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

The Bruins had 2 shots in the 1st period of game 5 and 1 shot in the 1st period tonight. Something is wrong there. They are not ready. The Bruins only win tonight if Swayman is 1st star of the game. 

They only had one shot but around 20 shot attempts. 

Leafs are blocking shots, Bruins not near as much 

I missed the second period and saw Pastrnak got called 8 minutes for high sticking?  How does that even happen?

Edit: Turns out it was just a double minor, but TSN has it wrong on their website.

tsnfail.png

42 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

They only had one shot but around 20 shot attempts. 

Leafs are blocking shots, Bruins not near as much 

If all your shots are being blocked then you are not creating clear opportunities. Bruins were better that period but I think Nylander's goal might be enough. The momentum has shifted. 

10 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

If all your shots are being blocked then you are not creating clear opportunities. Bruins were better that period but I think Nylander's goal might be enough. The momentum has shifted. 

You might be right and we get a 1-0 game. How sad would that be. 

12 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I missed the second period and saw Pastrnak got called 8 minutes for high sticking?  How does that even happen?

Edit: Turns out it was just a double minor, but TSN has it wrong on their website.

tsnfail.png

TSN really wants the leafs to win I guess. 

8 minutes? He high sticked someone twice and made them bleed both times? Is it possible?

Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

8 minutes? He high sticked someone twice and made them bleed both times? Is it possible?

It was a double minor, four minutes.

36 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

tsnfail.png

I have noticed that it always shows that way on TSN for a double minor. They obviously have some sort of programming issue they need to fix. 

Toronto is doing a great job of clogging the middle of the ice while pressuring the puck carrier. 

The league is really against Toronto.  Two icing in a row against the Leafs and there's a lengthy time check after the second one, giving the same Leafs group on the ice a nice break.  Defeating the whole purpose of no TV timeouts or line changes on icings...

12 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Man Boston is going to blow a 3-1 series lead two years in a row. 

Stupid leafs

All the pressure is on Boston now.  If the Leafs lose, they can say we didn't quit, even though we were missing our best player blah, blah, blah   No pressure

If the Bruins lose, WOW, blowing back to back series when you had a 3-1 series lead. 

The Bruins will be gripping their stick a little tight next game. 

I have seen these types of situations so many times. I fully expect the Leafs to win.