Fix The Logo

MAK

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I need a point?

My point, or shall we call it comment on this subject is that this is a silly thing that American PR-consults has invented.

Someone said that the logo looked "to friendly" and I just pointed that out that he's fallen for the trick.

A logo doesn't have to be aggresive.

It's called intimidation.

What's more intimidating...The Carolina Kittens or The Carolina Panthers?

I know on the surface it sounds stupid but sub-consciously, it gives an edge. Actually learned about that in my Psych class.

I love the logos though.

Really, the NHL has the best logos in the world.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say the best uniforms in the world.

Colour co-ordination, great logos that feature history and modernity, awesomeness and relevance, with so many options.

The NFL has nice logos, but you can't see them on half their jerseys.

Soccer has barely any logos, or at least, non-shapes-and-letters combos.

The NBA is pretty good all round, but really, what would anyone rather wear? A singlet? Or a sweater?

It's called intimidation.

What's more intimidating...The Carolina Kittens or The Carolina Panthers?

I know on the surface it sounds stupid but sub-consciously, it gives an edge. Actually learned about that in my Psych class.

And the Duck are more threatening then the Quacks?? :blink:

My point, or shall we call it comment on this subject is that this is a silly thing that American PR-consults has invented.

i'm not so sure there was such a thing as a 'PR-consultant' when sports teams and leagues (like the NHL or MLB) were created and cities (or owners) started naming their teams.

all that any PR company has done (please note that i dropped American from the topic) is expand on an idea that the public (please not that i'm not saying American public - since i believe the Canadian public is a happy participant in this phenomenon) already embraces and enjoys.

LONG LIVE THE LOGO AND COOL TEAM NAMES!!!!

Buffaslug still sucks.

The one logo I don't get is the San Jose Sharks? HUH? Why not go with tradition and say the San Jose Seals. Sounds better to me.

ahhhhhhhh a seal...........running away

The one logo I don't get is the San Jose Sharks? HUH? Why not go with tradition and say the San Jose Seals. Sounds better to me.

Anahiem is goofy. They might as well call themselves the Anahiem Smog due to the Smog in the area.

Yes, there's the historical connection with the California Golden Seals and the Oakland Seals. San Jose is only some fifty or sixty miles away from Oakland.

Then again, they may want to create their own 'tradition'. Also, there's the possibility that they were not given the rights to use the 'Seals' name - copyright considerations.

:king: :hlogo: :king: .

The seals hasn't been an NHL team in ages, why would it be copy righted?

In the Canadian Football League, there was a team called the Ottawa ROUGHRIDERS.

That team folded. When another owner tried to revive Football in Ottawa, he was REFUSED right to the ROUGHRIDERS name. He ended up going with the name RENEGADES. :blush:

For what it's worth and in an unrelated manner, the RENEGADES folded also. :wacko: :puke: :blink:

The same thing likely applies to the San Jose/Oakland/California situation.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

What, they tried to do the Ottawa Roughriders thing again?

:angry:

I still remember when they made fun of that on The Simpsons.

I also remember lisa looking at football books and finds this one: canadian oddball rules.

there's also an episode where homer rather stay home and watch the CFL entry draft show :lol:

I also remember lisa looking at football books and finds this one: canadian oddball rules.

there's also an episode where homer rather stay home and watch the CFL entry draft show :lol:

:lol: I remember that one.

I think the draft episode is where they make fun of the Roughriders thing.

• 1 month later...
Oh my! Those are absolutely hideous!

And yes, it does look more like black than blue.

they look more like Pittsburgh than i imagined they would.

certainly NO CONNECTION whatsoever with the historical look of the Sabres.

http://www.sabres.com/newsarchive.cfm?id=627

Is it just me, or does the so-called "blue and gold" look like black and gold?

Thats just on the picture, thats navyblue i guess and in real life with the light on it you will see the difference. Will be blue.

Bad choice of the Sabres, i really loved their red jersey. This one is bad!

quebec_rafales_1997.gif

Anyone remeber that guy who jumed on the ice last year at a Habs practice!

The Quebec Rafales - not quite spelt the same but still funny!

This was a QMJHL team!

It was an IHL team. The name was great (Rafales is an original Quebec word used to describe type of nordic winds)... but the logo was, er, too cartoony.

quebec_rafales_1997.gif

Anyone remeber that guy who jumed on the ice last year at a Habs practice!

The Quebec Rafales - not quite spelt the same but still funny!

This was a QMJHL team!

wasn't it rafael ??

Thats just on the picture, thats navyblue i guess and in real life with the light on it you will see the difference. Will be blue.

The shoulder of the jersey looks navy blue, but the side is for sure black. I'm hoping it was just a practice jersey version.

I wish they'd just go back to their classic jerseys. Pretty much every jersey they've worn since the old ones have sucked. Since the old ones, their logo has reflected the city and not their team name for goodness sakes! They've always included the city in the logo, but hte city isn't supposed to be all that's there! They might as well call them the Buffalo Buffaloes.

The B with the saber in it is ugly but I don't mind the other one that much. I wouldn't use it since it doesn't look like a hockey logo, and also because it looks nothing like they're classic logo - but the design itself isn't so bad. *shrug* I preferred the old ones.