Fix The Logo

MAK

http://fixthelogo.com/

people in buffalo are so pissed up at this ugly air piece, err the logo, that they've strarted a petition in order to make the team drop the new logo and go back to their old one.

what do you think about it ??

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, the article mentions how it took a year for Islander fans to dump the fisherman logo, which I loved as a 3rd jersey.

yeah!! people in long island were chanting: no more fishsticks...true

:lol:

A new logo will not fix the Sabres. (especially this one..) They have big issues with regular season attendance. Their marketing, blows! But we'll see how this season plays out. Good logo or bad they better put a competitive team on the ice.

I really like the ones they had up until that one.

Agreed, it looks like an NFL one.

Anyone notice the similarities between this:

six9.jpg

and this?

nfl_bills_vertlogo_43465.gif

Then again, their town is called Buffalo, so no matter what they call themselves (the Buffalo Eskimos, the Buffalo Frankfurters, the Buffalo Unibombers), they'll still always have a bison in their logo.

Its really bad design. I'm pretty sure they tried to turn the logo into somewhat of a "B" shape, but they could have done it a thousand ways better than this. Especially with the inner greyish part on the right of what looks like some sort of white lightning bold (that reminds me of the NFL Chargers).

Just sucks. Sucks big time. Sucks so much, it swallows.

I say go back to the classic blue ones! Those owned! Lafontaine anyone? ;)

On the after hours telecast of Sports30, Michel Lacroix mentioned the blue & gold sweater of the 70's will be used in 15 games as the alternate. Two of the fifteen games pit the Sabres against the Habs.. so we've a little less eyesore.

Edited by MCeh

This story has even made it into Sportsnet.ca's Hockey Hearsay

Considering 20 000 signatures is more people they get to come to a game...it's probably time to cancel your decidedly crappy jersey.

six9.jpg

If this is the logo, I don't see much of anything that has to do with hockey on it but, then again, neither do almost any of the other ones have something to do with hockey.

For me, it's just another logo change. I don't much like it but that's of no consequence anyway.

As for steady (and unfortunate) logo changes, I look at my favourite baseball team and see that the logos/colours change pretty regularly. I suppose it makes for continued product (ie, jersey) sales.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

i don't care one way or the other about the logo

to me - it is no better or worse than much of what is out there. Buffalo is wayyy more of a football town than a hockey town - so the branding connection is obvious.

you never win when you mess with a logo - only time will dictate whether or not this will be a good brand or not.

what i don't understand - is that to my knowledge - there wasn't any huge uproar about Buffalo's shirts and logo - why the change - and - if change is so necessary, i think the best way to introduce that change is via the 3rd jersey - let the fans acquire a taste of the new color/symbol.

I hear the logo is being dubbed the 'Buffa-slug'.

:D

heard the guy who started the petition. he said it looked like donald trump's toupet :lol:

I agree 100%

They should go back to their old one

Buffalosabreslogo80s.gif

Now that's a good logo :)