That's It! It's Over! It's All Over!

Trizzak

I don't want to pick on you since many here have expressed that thought, but I find it illogical. Just because we had a good preseason and then did poorly one year does not imply that having a bad preseason is okay.

The preseason win/loss stats don't matter as much as how the team comes together, how the prospects play, and how the team improves. So far, the Habs look terrible, few prospects are doing very well, and our main goalies have not found their comfort zone yet. Some players just don't seem to care.

Contrast us with the leafs.. they played their big guns, and they showed they were coming into form for the season well. The next game they played their young guns against our vets, and showed speed, skill, and a desire to win. Raycroft showed his team he is ready to go and started building confidence in him. I would say the Leafs are having a good camp, and bodes well for them. It doesn't quarantee them a great season, but there are starting off on the right foot.

The habs are not gettting off to a great start and like most games they play, need to try and come back from behind. :(

I can see a certain logic to this thought but it doesn't quite apply yet to our un-finished pre-saison.

''So far, the habs look terrible ''

Half way in the pre-saison games,....yes,...but maybe worth mentionning is the fact that in 3 out of 4 games

the first star has been given to the goaly playing against us.

This team is pretty much the same than last time seen in the play-offs and the style and routines that brought

them there is nothing new to most all of them, so 4 games seem in that respect good enought to reconstitute

the core principles and re-establish team's cohesion........while devoting just enought time to work on the

pp units, pk units and last but not least the successfull integration of Samsonov and Johnson with their

respective line units.

''few prospects are doing very well ''

I concur again,....they all seems to need further developpement one way or the other,....but again that's the reason we brought Samsonov and Johnson in,.......it shouldn't affects us this year......if Perezhogin get's it going.

''our main goalys have not found their comfort zone ''

Nothing to worry there, 5 goalys sharing 4 pre-saison games is the reason,.....and playing half a game is

despised by all starting type goalys. It's time to give the net back to our starting goaly.

'' Some players just seems not to care. ''

It would be incomprehensible if coming from rookies trying to make the club or any of the marginal players

from last year's roster.

Giving it all...can be costly........starting the season without Koivu, Kovalev, Markov, wouln'd be fun.....loosing them for months would be desastrous.

Coaches have to composed with that.

Locke should have been used with Kots and Lats and let'them ripped.....while Ribs, Sam, Kov should have

had another occasion to get more time under their belt playing together.

When it's all said and done,......it is more conforting for the fans when their teams win in

the pre-saison games.......but it is no insurance as to what will be lying ahead ....the

opposite is also true.

Edited by PB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good points PB...

I am not saying guys should be playing over the top, diving in front of pucks, etc, but hard skating would not hurt some of them. If they are in so much danger of getting hurt just by playing normally, then I question their durability.

I was thinking about the old adage of why working hard in practice is so important. I forget which coach said it, but basically, you play the way you practice. Practice hard if you want success. I view preseason as practice.

Is it just a coincidence that the players floating out there in preseason are the same ones who typically get accused of floating during the season? I think their attitude needs adjusting and fast before it becomes habit forming.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M FOLLOWING SUCH A FAILURE OF A TEAM!1!!

THIS IS THE SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!1!

0-4 - IT'S A SIGN!!

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO KILL MYSELF OR BECOME A HAWKS FAN BECAUSE THEY'RE 4-0, OBVIOUSLY THEY'll WIN THE PRESIDENTS TROPHY THIS YEAR 82-0-0

*hops on motorcycle and drives headfirst into the nearest brick wall he can find*

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M FOLLOWING SUCH A FAILURE OF A TEAM!1!!

THIS IS THE SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!1!

0-4 - IT'S A SIGN!!

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO KILL MYSELF OR BECOME A HAWKS FAN BECAUSE THEY'RE 4-0, OBVIOUSLY THEY'll WIN THE PRESIDENTS TROPHY THIS YEAR 82-0-0

*hops on motorcycle and drives headfirst into the nearest brick wall he can find*

I KNOW!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-*head explodes*

I KNOW!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-*head explodes*

Ah............ I was always sure that SCANNERS was a CANADIENS fan film. :wall::wall::wall:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I don't know why we're all killing ourselves when there are living Leaf fans prowling the streets! What a waste of a perfectly lethal razor blade!

I wonder if Canes fans are as worried as Habs fans are about their team being winless in the preseason.

Canes fans have nothing to worry about, they won the cup last year. They should be good for at least 4 or 5 years. Habs fans on the other hand have a good reason to worry. I stated at the beginning of the summer, that we should have went after Luongo, and I will state it again. Huet is a second rate goalie, he always was and he will continue to be this year. Last year he played way over his head because he had nothing to lose and got hot. We did not improve our team enough in the off season, the two moves we made are improvements over the two we got rid of, but it's still not enough to compete.

Wait and see. I notice a lot of people are already starting to see the reality of the situation, who were saying we would win the cup this year, before preseason began. Remember we have been icing basically our starting lineup plus contending prospects....the same prospects that all you guys wanted to play for the habs this year instead of going after established free agents. You got what you wanted...enjoy..

Even though we all have our opinions about this team, one thing we can agree on is HOCKEY IS BACK!

Lets face it, the Habs are not going to be a dominating team, however they are going to make the playoffs. Whether it is 5th,6th,7th or even 8th seed it does not matter. Just to get to the playoffs and grow this year into a better team. I look at all the forwards on Montreal and wonder how on earth can they keep so much potential down on the farm.

I am really pumped about Komisarek getting a chance to shine this year and Streit actually looks ready this year. Markov should be good and Souray..well..we will see as I really like him when he does not get undressed on the ice. Huet will have a fabulous year leading to goaltending trades to supplement Montreal's defence.

Forward lines. People, how many teams have the potential to score goals like the Habs first two lines? I know it looks good on paper and will depend on Koivus health. I am really looking forward to this season as this is an exciting team and not boring defensive play that a team with no talent would look like. My Big hope is that Plekanec proves that he is the #2 centre and gets his shot. Realistically he is the future and Ribero is not.

GO HABS GO!

Wait and see. I notice a lot of people are already starting to see the reality of the situation, who were saying we would win the cup this year, before preseason began. Remember we have been icing basically our starting lineup plus contending prospects....the same prospects that all you guys wanted to play for the habs this year instead of going after established free agents. You got what you wanted...enjoy..

how many rookies are going to be starting the season in mtl this year? One? Two?

The only time mtl fielded anything close to a reg season roster was in game 4.

Saku has played great. Thank god. Hope that eye holds together. Its quite clear the Ribeiro experiment has failed. What a waste of $1.9 Million!!!! Corey Locke looked better. If I were Gainey I'd waive Ribeiro and hope someone picked him up.

Maybe the team needs to try Plekanec at center with Samsonov and Kovalev?

So far I'm not too impressed with Carbonneau....but I'm sure things will get better.....start by getting rid of Ribeiro

Whoa,

How many complete games have Ribs-Kovalev-Samsonov played together?

Two.

And these were pre-season games.

Kovy and Samsonov didn't do too well with Locke during the last game either.

Wait until the season starts and all of the lines are on the ice for the same game.

It'll be different, you'll see.

Saku has played great. Thank god. Hope that eye holds together. Its quite clear the Ribeiro experiment has failed. What a waste of $1.9 Million!!!! Corey Locke looked better. If I were Gainey I'd waive Ribeiro and hope someone picked him up.

Maybe the team needs to try Plekanec at center with Samsonov and Kovalev?

So far I'm not too impressed with Carbonneau....but I'm sure things will get better.....start by getting rid of Ribeiro

Draconian stance.

Samsonov is slow to start and so is Kovalev,...the fact that both of them haven't skate at all this

summer and that Samsonov has played until June.....is according to Kovalev making them look like

the new line with Rib is not working........but for him, TIME playing together is the only thing they need to get

it working.

Speaking for himself.....his out-look on pre-saison games is obvious and see's them as a gradual warm-up

to the start of the season where he expect and count on being ready to compete then.

Carbo is aware that '' some players compete in the pre-saison just as they do in january ''......I think he is aware that Kovy is not one of them.

For me it easily explained why annyone involved sharing his line during TC will not look at his best......with appropriate time I think they could do very well together.

There is nothing at this stage that would make me feel that Ribs is not ready to be a better player than last season.........we need a few surprises from some players this year......hopefully Ribs will be one of them.

3 GOALS AGAINST LAST GAME!!! 3 GOALS AGAINST!!!!!!!!

APOCALYPSE!!!!!

Is that black clouds I see forming over the Bell Center??

:unsure:

Nope... Just the Hockey Gods gathering to watch the greatest spectacle seen..... The 25th coming of Lord Stanley to its rightful place in history!

:hlogo:

Haha Im tired, take it or leave it.

3 GOALS AGAINST LAST GAME!!! 3 GOALS AGAINST!!!!!!!!

APOCALYPSE!!!!!

IT'S TRUE! MIGHT AS WELL TRADE SAMSONOV AND KOVALEV AND KOIVU NOW, GET SOME DECENT DRAFT PICKS, OUR SEASON IS OVER! AND PULL HUET, HE'S A SIEVE!

IF ONLY WE STILL HAD ZEDNIK AND BULIS, NOTHING WOULD HAVE GONE WRONG!

IN FACT, WE SHOULD SIGN CZERKAWSKI, HE HAD SOME GOOD YEARS IN NEW YORK...