Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Chicago | 10/18/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't overly dissappointed over the outcome of the game but I wish I'd seen a more exciting game. geez what a snoozefest !!

Deffinately the worst effort of the season,

Absolutely horrible! I don't think half the team wanted to be there after the first.

- Samsanov and Koivu were completely invisible tonight (yeah thats right Koivu lovers, he was bad!).

- How many times did Souray, Rivet and Niinnima gave the puck away?

- The whole team was out of synch; how many times were the Canadiens offside in the third ?

Only positives - Perezhogin was awesome. He was blazing fast all night, finished his hits, drove to the net, and created a bunch of scoring chances. He deserves to play with Kovalev next game (on the second line). And to lesser extent, Aebischer was solid.

Edited by Gman

Only positive - Perezhogin was awesome. He was blazing fast all night, finished his hits, drove to the net, and created a bunch of scoring chances. he deserves to play with Kovalev next game.

I'm betting a toonie on that he will start next game on the second line.

That's the most boring post-lockout game I've seen.. and even by including the post lockout era it comes out as a top 10 boring game.

Damn those fans in Chicago are DEAD.. and I tought it was bad in New Jersey..

Sure am glad we dont meet Chicago or Calgary anymore this season, for different reasons tough. Calgary is too dirty while Chicago is just not fun to see, with the exception of Havlat.

I'm betting a toonie on that he will start next game on the second line.

anyone watched the game on rds?? was it me or the lighting was really bad...off to the game...well Markov really didnt look good on havlat's goal...reminds me the first time they played against ovechkin...just watching him play not disturbing anything...higgins glad to see him beeing consistant..ryder still impressing me with the gain of speed over the summer...what the hell is happening with samsonov? isint playing with heart...i must admit perezhogin is putting it all out there! now for Aebisher...sorry to say but played a better game then huet yesterday...maybe he got less shots but did yuo see the couple of saves he made due to poor D...i mean it could of been easily 3-4 for the hawks...n e ways onto the next chapter i hope to see a duel between Theodore and Aebischer

anyone watched the game on rds?? was it me or the lighting was really bad...

I thought the same too. I guess chicago can't afford good lighting. not enough revenue. :lol:

That's the most boring post-lockout game I've seen.. and even by including the post lockout era it comes out as a top 10 boring game.

Sure am glad we dont meet Chicago or Calgary anymore this season, for different reasons tough. Calgary is too dirty while Chicago is just not fun to see, with the exception of Havlat.

seriously...my girlfriend dosent watch hockey at all...and guessed they werent playing in montreal lol

I thought the same too. I guess chicago can't afford good lighting. not enough revenue.

They cant afford a good micro for their announcer either, he was really hard to ear!

I don't miss many Habs games, but I missed this one due to attending a wake for a friend's father tonight...and the post-wake drinking that rightfully occurs. Not sure what went wrong, but was disappointed to see that the Habs only scored one goal. How does that happen?

Hehe, they've no real star besides Havlat right now. Who the heck wants to see guys like Keith, Hamilton, Burish, Cullimore, etc.? :P It seems like they have a hard working team but no real stars who're selling more tickets.

Nonetheless, dmd loss - I want to see them winning vs. Théo & Co. this weekend!!!

- lights were BAD!!! how come it was SO DARK??? come on!!!

- game was BORING to watch!!!

- habs played well... gotta mention that habs had a tough game against the flames, lost a lots of energy... and hawks didnt play and were waiting the habs at home... the ironic thing is people were *exciting* for habs/hawks game... original 6 team, habs didnt visit chicago since 2002, BLABLABLA : why there was no intensity then??? anyway

- yep! gotta modify that 2nd line... as carbo said, there will be some experience...

GHG :)

Yes, i agree a very boring game. No intensity, no hitting no one going to the net. It seems the Habs mailed that one in. I obviously don't expect the habs to win every game but good teams at least try every night. I think they had more penalties in the third then shots. Tied after 2 periods with a chance to get at least a point and they lay an egg in the third.

Good news:

I thought Ryder, Johnson and Komi played well, Aebi was pretty good.

Souray and Rivet were NOT on the ice for any goals. I would not have beleived it if i didn't see it.

Pk was good, they sure get enough practice

Bad news:

What was Markov doing on the first goal, Take the body please.

Penalties, oh my god will these guys ever learn?

No effort, hitting or dicipline tonight.

A couple of side notes:

I think Gainey needs to start negotiating a few contract to some UFA's.

Ryder: He is playing great this year in all 3 zones. A must resign.

Johnson: he is making alot see if he'll take a 2 year, 3 mill contract.

Niinimaa: I like his skating, moving the puck, looked very good with Dandy. Again maybe 2 year 3 mill.

The rest of the D in my mind needs to pick it up if they want contracts, including Markov.

One more side note:

It's getting very hard to watch hockey now with like 40 minutes of minor penalties every game. It is just ridiculous. I am on board with the stick fouls and holding but they are calling alot of people just hitting eachother, body checks, pushing someone by the boards. it seems there is a penalty quoto or something. If a team doesn't score for a bit they call a penalty to try to get a goal. Don't get me started on the level of diving and people falling down. The NHL will start losing the fans if this isn't cleaned up.

Went to the game last night and there were a hell of a lot more fans than on a usual blackhawks night, The United Center was the host to a Canadian convention last night - at least 1/3 of the people there were habs fans. The Blackhawks fans were mostly friendly to the invasion. Nice bunch of people, there was very little emnity between the fans.

I was surprised by Handzus - he still looks good on the ice.

Latendresse looked very lost for the most part and confused on his partial breakaway.

Perezhogin looked pretty good, much more than samsonov. I really didnt see much chemistry between Plekanec and Kovalev.

I havent seen that many games so far this year, but I was absolutely shocked to see how little Johnson played the body. Aside from his high stick (why oh why) he was laying off guys all night. He would have a guy lined up and let them go - this happened a lot. I dunno, maybe I was just seeing things. To be fair, he was always in position and played a smart game.

Streit, I thought, played a very solid game.

Abby played a good game - had 2 impressive saves and was generally solid throughout. The second goal was definitely not his fault.

The boys were definitely tired by the end. All in all, nice to see the habs out in Illinois, but would have liked some offense.

Edited by simonus

Went to the game last night and there were a hell of a lot more fans than on a usual blackhawks night, The United Center was the host to a Canadian convention last night - at least 1/3 of the people there were habs fans. The Blackhawks fans were mostly friendly to the invasion. Nice bunch of people, there was very little emnity between the fans.

Latendresse looked very lost for the most part and confused on his partial breakaway.

Perezhogin looked pretty good, much more than samsonov. I really didnt see much chemistry between Plekanec and Kovalev.

I havent seen that many games so far this year, but I was absolutely shocked to see how little Johnson played the body. Aside from his high stick (why oh why) he was laying off guys all night. He would have a guy lined up and let them go - this happened a lot. I dunno, maybe I was just seeing things. To be fair, he was always in position and played a smart game.

Abby played a good game - had 2 impressive saves and was generally solid throughout. The second goal was definitely not his fault.

The boys were definitely tired by the end. All in all, nice to see the habs out in Illinois, but would have liked some offense.

Cool that you were able to watch an Habs game "live"! Too bad the Habs were exhausted from Tuesday's game againts the Flames. That's really sad. That wasn't their best game of the season for sure.

Awesome. I'm worried about my well being when I go to the Habs game in March I believe when they come here. Blues fans are known to fight people with different jerseys when they're drunk.

The first goal was just bad luck. Havlat was trying to go around him and Abby shot out his leg, but Havlat lost control of the puck and it slid through the 5 hole. Fluke in a way.

I thought Abby played great.

Awesome. I'm worried about my well being when I go to the Habs game in March I believe when they come here. Blues fans are known to fight people with different jerseys when they're drunk.

arent you supposed to be 6 feet something 230 pounds?? i hope your not scared of a little skirmish?! when you wear a habs jersey you were pride! lol and dont forget theres habs fans all over the world! so you prolly wont be the only habs fan in the arena

arent you supposed to be 6 feet something 230 pounds?? i hope your not scared of a little skirmish?! when you wear a habs jersey you were pride! lol and dont forget theres habs fans all over the world! so you prolly wont be the only habs fan in the arena

The guy's 6'8. I'm sure he can squash those Blues fans with his thumb.

The guy's 6'8. I'm sure he can squash those Blues fans with his thumb.

I heard he turns green when he's pissed off. :P