Habs vs. Bruins | Game Thread | Game 7

Fanpuck33

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that he wasnt doing much before his goal but when he had the chance he made the best of it. What a goal !! :clap:

The strongest moment of the game happened during a commercial brake. the entire time during the commercial everyone in the building was standing and singing. It was beautiful to witness. Gave me goosebumps!

It was a great night!!!

WOW Must have been amazing! You're lucky!!

Hopefully there will be more like these! How great would be a Stanley Cup victory?? Habs would have the Cup to show all year long of their 100th.

What a game!!! I that hope seeing what Koivu brings to our play for the past two games will shut up some of Saku's doubters over the season. Bear in mind as well that he's still probably not playing at 100% cos he's barely off crutches (not that he'd ever let that show).

Anyway, let's hope our guys can play like this for the entirety of the next series!!! Go Habs Go!!!

saku_koivu.jpg

I've questioned Koivu over the last couple of years, but he finally proved to me tonight what he brings to the team. A leader who digs down deep and leads by example. No, he may not be Vinnie, he may not be Sid, but he's a real fireplug and I now stand fully behind him...he's stepped up more than once this year and playing as hurt as he must be is inspirational!

Komisarek with the GWG of the First round.

So far so good with my Komisarek-Conn Smythe prediction. I predicted a couple of important GWG/OTG, plus rock solid performance! Keep it up MIKE!!! He does make a difference in this team. He's not the only ingredient, It's a full puzzle, but he's a big and essential part!

I've questioned Koivu over the last couple of years, but he finally proved to me tonight what he brings to the team. A leader who digs down deep and leads by example. No, he may not be Vinnie, he may not be Sid, but he's a real fireplug and I now stand fully behind him...he's stepped up more than once this year and playing as hurt as he must be is inspirational!

I agree man. Seeing Koivu charge at the Boston defence (same Defence that had been pushing and throwing us around all series) was incredible. I felt goosebumps everytime our players were going head on (finally).

BTW, I watched the game on the Boston channel and Oh my....most biased announcers I have ever heard. Even CBC atleast tries to be neutral.

Habs vs. Rangers probably

Edited by foxfang4

Massive superstition kept me from posting, or even checking, this, my fave Habs site, during the series - to the relief of most, I'm sure.

After seeing us collapse in the third period of game 2, I started to doubt. Even up 3-1, we were playing their style, it was ludicrous. After the 6th I thought we were gone.

Somehow we got it together, got it through that we are not them, that we play with speed and attack. Credit to Carbo and his lineup changes, putting the emphasis on attack again.As much as I think Kosto-Begin-Smoked have played fantastic this first round, we cannot have them carry us.

The way Kovalev played - really because of the way how p*ss-poor Plex was and confused A.Kost seemed - had me stupefied at the criticism leveled against him. Koivu brought something extra, huge props to him too.

On to the next. I think Rags, Wash will steamroll Flyers.

Yeah, the Bruins wanted to win but it was worth too much money. They couldn't pay the PRICE! :hlogo:

Kostopoulos and the Kostitsyn brothers are Kosting too much of a Price for the B's! :hlogo:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Great win for the Habs. Just got home from baseball. Had to leave at 3-0 and 3 minutes into the 3rd period. Got updates on my phone.

Great work by Price to keep the B's off the scoreboard in the 1st period. A Boston goal may have made it a different game. Huge effort by Saku, giving up his body and grinding it out in the B's zone. Also, moving Kovy to Koivu's line looked like it opened up space for Pleks and A. Kostits. Gotta love the grit of Sergie K also. Does take some stupid penalties, but love how hard he plays. Every game the kid seems to impress me more and more.

The Smokes, Begin and Kostopolo line did great work 5on5 and on the PP. One of the best games i've seen Begin play.

The defense seemed to be on their heels for the first period, but got bailed out by Price.

Nervousness turned into joy tonite.

Keep it up for round 2, no matter who the opponent will be.

Nervousness turned into joy tonite.

And joy turned into flaming cop cars.

I thought it would take at a berth in the conference finals for the rioting to start. Ah well, I guess the police will be better prepared next time.

Riot in downtown... burning cops car...

http://lcn.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/stream/player.pl

why... why... great to be a Habs fans whenever these things happens it's a shame...

To put things clear... according to witness... people who flame the cops car aren't hockey fans or neither habs fans. :puke:

Riot:

Pros:

Police will be prepared for next time

Those holligans get fined

Shows kids the effects of drunkeness

Cons:

Makes us habs fan stereotyped as classless (even if it were not Habs fans riotting)

It's just plain pointless.

I don't like the riot at all, but I know the farther we go the more riotting will happen, so I'm willing to make that sacrifice :)

Edited by MMPL

Kozed,

You gonna break out the Yvonne avatar whenever the Habs really need it? I noticed you changed it after the game. Someone stated earlier and I agree. Carbo's tie, Kozed's Yvonne, and Fanpuck's thread... all major contribitors to the win.

Kozed,

You gonna break out the Yvonne avatar whenever the Habs really need it? I noticed you changed it after the game. Someone stated earlier and I agree. Carbo's tie, Kozed's Yvonne, and Fanpuck's thread... all major contribitors to the win.

Dude, I did my part as well. There was no internet posting in between game 6 and 7, and I didn't change the channel during game 7 during intermission or commercials even though I was alone and there was another exciting game on. From now on, whenever I have the chance, there's no more CBC, just Pierre and Yvon.

The riot makes me feel shame. We aren't the Leafs. They celebrate 1st rounds win, we don't!!

On a side note, I told you all not to be afraid.

Okay so I said 10-2, while 5-0 minus Ryders predicted 3.......

I'd say I was pretty close.

Bring on the Ranges/Flyers.

We will beat either.

No, we won't play Ovechkin until the conference finals. This ain't the NBA.

We play an exciting game. Not hoops which is more entertaining in a park than an arena.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Dude, I did my part as well. There was no internet posting in between game 6 and 7, and I didn't change the channel during game 7 during intermission or commercials even though I was alone and there was another exciting game on. From now on, whenever I have the chance, there's no more CBC, just Pierre and Yvon.

Ya, I washed every single fabric that I had with a Habs logo or name on it. Hats, shirts, jerseys, Blanket, cushion. Washed the filth of loss away. Then I wore all of it to work. I was so bummed that I could only listen on XM radio. I am working nights, but I'm getting up at 11:30 (Alberta time) to watch Canadiens Express.

How could you not? He looked like he had no business wearing skates, let alone skating, in game 6. But boy, oh boy, what move that was one his goal. I'd say his hip was feeling better.

Thanks to Laps for having the vision and dropping him the puck and Chara the Giraffe for spreading his big long legs so Streit warm up a few stick drills before testing them out on Thomas. Very nice timing too.........

The riot makes me feel shame. We aren't the Leafs. They celebrate 1st rounds win, we don't!!

On a side note, I told you all not to be afraid.

Okay so I said 10-2, while 5-0 minus Ryders predicted 3.......

I'd say I was pretty close.

Bring on the Ranges/Flyers.

We will beat either.

No, we won't play Ovechkin until the conference finals. This ain't the NBA.

We play an exciting game. Not hoops which is more entertaining in a park than an arena.

You made the call didn't you? NICE!!

Kozed,

Exactly!