Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

If this wasn't posted already:

"Defenceman Sheldon Souray left the ice early during the Canadiens' skate Tuesday morning, but coach Guy Carbonneau said he simply wanted to keep his scoring leader fresh.

"He's playing 26 or 27 minutes per game, so we just wanted him to get some rest," said Carbonneau."

Globe and Mail

My experiences with Gainey is that when everything has calmed down and noone even thinks that the team will trade a 9th rounder for a ECHL backup goalie THATS when he makes a trade so now when everyone is talking about Souray and stuff like that nothing will happen.

Souray might get traded but only when we the least expect it and to a team we didnt even think of. Thats the spirit of Bob Gainey. :D

If Souray was traded...Wouldn't he have not practiced at all this morning?

Why make it so dramatic and bring the confidence of the team down witnessing such...

It doesn't make sense to me :unsure:

I'm sure it has something to do with an Injury (most likely his Wrist or Shoulder acting up)

But Matt Carle and someone else for Souray...I'll take that!

Carle looks like a promising young player (from what I saw of him in the Young Guns All Star Game)

GO :hlogo: GO

Pierre MacGuire says San Jose called up Steve Bernier to showcase him because the Habs are scouting him. Looks like Souray to SJ is almost done.

Pierre MacGuire says San Jose called up Steve Bernier to showcase him because the Habs are scouting him. Looks like Souray to SJ is almost done.

If they are showcasing him then the Habs will have to wait until tomorrow night to see him.

Toss in Ryder as well and get carle or vlasic. :)

Dont think SJ can swallow that much salary, even if its near the end of the season. Either way­, with the recent slump the Habs chance of re-signing Souray went down.

SJ had sent 2 players to the minors the day before. So might just be a roster shake-up...

If they are showcasing him then the Habs will have to wait until tomorrow night to see him.

We might as well get as many games as we can out of Souray. There's no rush.

SJ had sent 2 players to the minors the day before. So might just be a roster shake-up...

So tell that to Pierre MacGuire

We might as well get as many games as we can out of Souray. There's no rush.

unless he gets hurt. I'd rather close the deal sooner rather then later. With Souray's shoulder/wrist history, if there is a good deal on the table, i say move him ASAP. Although, i was hoping for more then just Bernier - am i reaching, or just greedy :D

I'm all for throwing in Ryder and getting a carle or vlasic.

unless he gets hurt. I'd rather close the deal sooner rather then later. With Souray's shoulder/wrist history, if there is a good deal on the table, i say move him ASAP. Although, i was hoping for more then just Bernier - am i reaching, or just greedy :D

I'm all for throwing in Ryder and getting a carle or vlasic.

How are we to know whether it's just Bernier? It just seems probable that Bernier is in the deal. For all we know, Souray winds up in Dallas or doesn't wind up going anywhere at all.

How are we to know whether it's just Bernier? It just seems probable that Bernier is in the deal. For all we know, Souray winds up in Dallas or doesn't wind up going anywhere at all.

Well let's HOPE it's Bernier :D and Carle.....actually, since we are only hoping anyways, let's hope that it's Carle, Bernier and Vlasic :D Too bad Houle isn't the Shark's GM eh? :P

TSN insiders said the Habs are indeed looking for a back-up goaltender and they interviewed Gainey who said he is exploring the idea...they say Garon is a possibility.

WTF, I'm officially on the "BG is a Dummy" bandwagon if he goes out to get a backup... Last thing we need is a 5th backup... we only have frikkin backups.

WTF, I'm officially on the "BG is a Dummy" bandwagon if he goes out to get a backup... Last thing we need is a 5th backup... we only have frikkin backups.

pssh teams all around the world will envy our depth at the backup goalie position!! Think of the possibilities!

yeah I don't get it either....we need scoring!

Just watched 110%, they say that something is seriously going on with Minesotta, and that Gainey is gonna talk to the press on Thursday

what do they know? they just read habsworld and were all excited about what we read and heard.

Just watched 110%, they say that something is seriously going on with Minesotta, and that Gainey is gonna talk to the press on Thursday

110%???

SURELY this means Ribeiro will be back!!!!! A three-way deal that nets us The Franchise!

YAY.

TSN insiders said the Habs are indeed looking for a back-up goaltender and they interviewed Gainey who said he is exploring the idea...they say Garon is a possibility.

My heart just skipped a few beats..

:bow: :bow: :bow:

;)

:hlogo:

Matthieu30, dont get to excited yet!! EASY!!!EASY!! ;)

Would be nice, but i think Halak can do the backup part this year, and Danis next year. Behind Huet, they are both solid goaltenders. Aebi can be traded...

Well Bob did say he would talk to the press when he has something to announce. They said yesterday on 110 % that he would talk to the press in Nashville. So he could have something to announce.

We'll see ... but no backup for sure.

Aebi will simply not be resigned this summer, I don't think there is a market for him right now.

San Jose is still the most logical trade partner right now for Bob.

Minnesota seems legit also.

But when all that is said and done, there's still a chance that Bob will stand path.

Well Bob did say he would talk to the press when he has something to announce. They said yesterday on 110 % that he would talk to the press in Nashville. So he could have something to announce.

We'll see ... but no backup for sure.

Aebi will simply not be resigned this summer, I don't think there is a market for him right now.

San Jose is still the most logical trade partner right now for Bob.

Minnesota seems legit also.

But when all that is said and done, there's still a chance that Bob will stand path.

That's what he's gonna say on Thursday :

The Market is a seller's market, we do not think it's wise to go mortgage the future for immediate help, we believe in these youngsters and what they can bring to the Habs. We have tried to land some guys, but we'd have had to give such promising prospects as Kostytsyn, Chipchura or Price, and we're not ready to do that.

As for being a seller, that'd be throwing the towel on our playoffs hopes this season, and we've all seen what this team is able to do, we were 1st in NHL at some point in October, and we've stood in 4th for a big part of this season. Circumstances have made it harder these past weeks, but I believe that we can go back to that level of play, and with all the guys in place, I believe that we can go far into the playoffs... And to go far into the playoffs, we need our bigger elements to be on the rink and play... So that we cannot sell them.