Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Appearing on other numerous boards - Kovy traded to Columbus. Keep your ears open. PECA & PICARD FOR KOVALEV AND PROSPECT

BEWARE IT IS A RUMOUR

Alex Picard was on waivers a couple of weeks ago, really probable.

I doubt we'd add a prospect though.

Anyways, Hitchcock's weekly radio show is on in 40 minutes, so we'll certainly know by then. I just can't imagine either side wanting to do this deal. Peca is another 3rd line center and Picard is a bust. On the Jackets side, Kovalev is an older Zherdev, whom Hitch hated.

Anyways, Hitchcock's weekly radio show is on in 40 minutes, so we'll certainly know by then. I just can't imagine either side wanting to do this deal. Peca is another 3rd line centre and Picard is a bust. On the Jackets side, Kovalev is an older Zherdev, whom Hitch hated.

wouldn't Columbus be looking for help on D instead ??

wouldn't Columbus be looking for help on D instead ??

With Brassard done for the year, center is a much bigger need.

As expected, 5 minutes into the Coach's Show and no mention of a trade. How surprising. Rick Wamsley did call in, though, and ask Hitch for what his lines are gonna be tonight, haha.

Edited by Fanpuck33

This was probably picked up from a comment that was left on Spector's site...some random person dreaming up potential trades, and it caught fire as others tried to pass it around. Go read his thoughts on kovalev, and check out the third or fourth comment where someone "proposes" various trades.

Is it March 4th yet? :angry: I noticed that Fanpuck33 dropped into Columbus Dispatch blog to investigate this rumour. Thanks Fanpuck33. It's taking too long to break if true so I'm thinking it's garbage

No prob, it was the first time I'd thought to go on the chat. On the one hand, it was pretty cool because I asked four questions and all four made it into the chat. On the other hand, it's pretty clear that Portzline has been sipping the Hitchcock/Howson kool-aid. He just doesn't see that Huselius is an older, more expensive version of Zherdev or that Kris Russell should be down in the minors.

Apparently Darren Dreger is mooting a Kovalev-for-Eric Cole rumour.

http://dailyhab-it.blogspot.com/

On the face of it, it seems like a good fit for both teams. The only problem is that we'd be getting yet another UFA :wacko: and one we probably wouldn't re-sign or be able to fit into our cap structure going forward. If, however, Bob can negotiate (say) a 2nd round pick back as part of the deal, I'd be all for this.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

On the face of it, it seems like a good fit for both teams. The only problem is that we'd be getting yet another UFA :wacko: and one we probably wouldn't re-sign or be able to fit into our cap structure going forward. If, however, Bob can negotiate (say) a 2nd round pick back as part of the deal, I'd be all for this.

Amen !!

Cole has been a Habs killer be he has slowed down since his injury and I feel that a draft pick or a young guy should be coming along from Edmonton .

I think Dreger was sort of playing devil's advocate with that rumour. He also mentioned that Gainey was telling calling GMs that Kovalev isn't available at the moment (same thing from MacKenzie). There isn't going to be a trade until Gainey's seen how the team plays once Kovalev returns.

Latest words in Montreal is that a bomb will be droped tomorrow morning... Friend of mine just told me he heard that on radio.

if it comes from CKACa there probably no beef to it. we'll see I guess.

Major bomb. Blow up the team. Sell every player for beans. Close down the franchise.

Three players *shock* know a bad man.

<end of world>

Edited by Colin

Major bomb. Blow up the team. Sell every player for beans. Close down the franchise.

Three players *shock* know a bad man.

<end of world>

Only three? Wouldn't the whole team know Carbonneau?

I think the most realistic scenario at this point would that that Bob probable has a couple deals on the table he can pull thr trigger on at any time but is going to evaluate Kovy in the games leasing up to the deadline. If he comes back playing like a champ, it would be better to keep him for the playoff push.

Rumoured to be going to the Habs (mods, you can edit the list)

In rumoured I meand that there was actually someone in the press who said that it was a rumour...

so to start with:

Ryan Smyth (has a NTC, 6,25M cap hit, under contract till 2011-12)

Eric Cole (4M cap hit, UFA this offseason)

Olli Jokinen (5,25 cap hit, under contract till 2009-10)

Rumoured to be going to the Habs (mods, you can edit the list)

In rumoured I meand that there was actually someone in the press who said that it was a rumour...

so to start with:

Ryan Smyth (has a NTC, 6,25M cap hit, under contract till 2011-12)

Eric Cole (4M cap hit, UFA this offseason)

Olli Jokinen (5,25 cap hit, under contract till 2009-10)

:s

I don't know which mod this this, but 10 days into the trade deadline, the thread was justified. I thought about it before posting it... Mods shouldn't be modded by fellow mods. Write to me if you disagree and I'll see whether or not I would mod my own thread... but do not just mod me without saying anything...

:s

I don't know which mod this this, but 10 days into the trade deadline, the thread was justified. I thought about it before posting it... Mods shouldn't be modded by fellow mods. Write to me if you disagree and I'll see whether or not I would mod my own thread... but do not just mod me without saying anything...

Snooooooooooop..

Snooooooooooop..

###### u

[Chorus - Snoop Dogg]

When the pimp's in the crib ma

Mod it like it's hot

Mod it like it's hot

Mod it like it's hot

When the pigs try to get at yea

Mod it like it's hot

Mod it like it's hot

Mod it like it's hot