Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

IN my morning rumor roundup, I noticed that Spector's site is currently "suspended". D'oh!

nah, i just went through it, nothing new.

same old

Bouwmee to philly? (no caproom)

Pronger to boston for kessel (boston wont part with kessel)

etc

nah, i just went through it, nothing new.

same old

Bouwmee to philly? (no caproom)

Pronger to boston for kessel (boston wont part with kessel)

etc

Really? I still get the "Fused Network: Account Suspended" page. Just found it interesting, is all.

Olie Jokinen is available and, according to Ray Ferraro, Phoenix is desperate to move him; the deal would have to include a roster player back.

I'm trying to think of some reason why we wouldn't try to concoct a package for him. Any answers? Don't tell me it's for fear of upsetting the chemistry on this team - for Pete's sake.

Olie Jokinen is available and, according to Ray Ferraro, Phoenix is desperate to move him; the deal would have to include a roster player back.

I'm trying to think of some reason why we wouldn't try to concoct a package for him. Any answers? Don't tell me it's for fear of upsetting the chemistry on this team - for Pete's sake.

I'd ship almost any forward on the actual roster for him besides Pax, Tanguay and A.Kost

Realistically, though... that's though...

jok earns what ? 5M

begin cleared 1M

dandy could clear 1.75M

bouillon (he's injured anyways) could clear 1.8M

so we'd definitely have to get rid of those two.

then, the player we'd send them would take care of the rest of the $$

who's that player? my bet is they want prospects or young vets.

my bet is Gainey wouldn't move guys like higgins or plekanec, they're his core, unless we're talking about vinny.

so what then? D'Agostini? S. Kost? prospect dmen like D. Fischer?

it all sucks :P

Why would Phoenix be desperate to trade him? He's still under contract through next season.

US teams are in trouble financially.

Particularly teams like Phoenix who already had trouble selling tickets. Don't be surprised if one of those teams move during the summer to Ontario or NY, where there is a hockey market.

Those teams right now could care less about hockey, they're trying to get back to black ink in their accounting books so that they can sell the team without losing too much and so that they stop pouring money in the team right now.

You'd think the team would be worth more with Jokinen than with whatever crap they get for him. If I were Bob, I'd try to get him for Higgins and a couple of decent prospects, picks (+ Dandenault if necessary) or some crap like that. It's our chance to get a 90 point C at a lowball price. It's not so different than from what Phoenix got him for in the first place.

Al Strachan said this about Phoenix and Jokinen: they don't hate each other, Phoenix got him to make a run at the playoffs and it didn't work, so they're looking at their veterans and deciding which ones are going to stick around and which will be replaced with younger guys... they're keeping Jovo, Bryzgalov, Doan, and are trying to re-sign Morris (and if they can't by Wednesday they'll try and move him too), but Jokinen they're prepared to part with. Seemed more like a logical move for a cash-strapped team than any falling out scenario/personal issues.

I'm assuming Metropolit is a Kosto like player.... then again wasnt Begin one too??? Metropolit at least can't complain he doesnt get to playcause he was dumped by phil... question is will he play tonite? that would be surreal!

You'd think the team would be worth more with Jokinen than with whatever crap they get for him. If I were Bob, I'd try to get him for Higgins and a couple of decent prospects, picks (+ Dandenault if necessary) or some crap like that. It's our chance to get a 90 point C at a lowball price. It's not so different than from what Phoenix got him for in the first place.

Exactly. Jokinen may not be the second coming, but he's vastly better than any C on our roster or in our system. Big, strong, relatively young, 90 points - no brainer. Trade Higgins, throw in some other elements, our biggest problem at C is solved going forward. Duh.

nah, you dont assess the financial value of a team with the players that are on it.

you assess it with the $$ in the collumns... weird for hockey fans, but so true. :P

I'm always optimistic... but I'm getting tired, why do we NEVER go for the homerun?

it'd be risky to trade Dandy, Bouillon, Begin, just to clear some room to allow us to do Jokinen for Higgins (pure speculation)

but at least it'd potentially be a homerun.

or a flop.

no, instead, we re-fill the salary gap created by Begin's departure by claiming Metropolit-an boulevard.

I'm always optimistic... but I'm getting tired, why do we NEVER go for the homerun?

it'd be risky to trade Dandy, Bouillon, Begin, just to clear some room to allow us to do Jokinen for Higgins (pure speculation)

but at least it'd potentially be a homerun.

or a flop.

no, instead, we re-fill the salary gap created by Begin's departure by claiming Metropolit-an boulevard.

That stuff could still happen. More cap room could be made by sending Chips to the AHL as well. There's still 5 days to make the move. Gainey just saw Metropolit come up and thought he filled a need. No biggie.

Yeah, Chips' cap his is almost the same as Metropolit's. Send Chips down and we're back to where we were yesterday.

except that metropolit can play a regaular shift in the NHL. unlike chipchura and begin.

except that metropolit can play a regaular shift in the NHL. unlike chipchura and begin.

Chip looked alright recently, definitely didn't look out of place. He set up that one Dandy goal pretty well. Begin isn't a good centre, but he can still play a regular shift as a winger. I'm sure he'll do fine in Dallas. This just gives us the option of being one player deeper than we were before... trading Begin for Janik and then picking up Metro is 2 players for 1, sacrificing one depth winger for a depth centre and a depth d-man, two areas of greater concern than on the wings.

Demers says what the Habs need is Nik Antropov....

I never thought of him before.... yet probably cheaper to get than Jokinen... nevertheless how much would we be willing to depart with... Pleks now is priceless with the way he's playing

Demers says what the Habs need is Nik Antropov....

I never thought of him before.... yet probably cheaper to get than Jokinen... nevertheless how much would we be willing to depart with... Pleks now is priceless with the way he's playing

You do NOT WANT Antropov. The guy is a stiff 5 out of every 10 games.

Why would you want to add a guy who was one of the leaders on a Leaf team that has missed the playoffs

four straight years. The guy was a potential guy, if only he could put it all together.

Well, he is 29 years old and people are still waiting.

PASS