Anti-Maple Leafs Thread

Cataclaw

You are correct it says so in the Bible. :lol:

I hate to do this but this nhl.com reprint of the recap of the Toronto/Carolina game needs some 'injections' so it makes sense and doesn't wreak of Leaf's Nation crap.

Quoted (10:57PM - see recap of game scores on nhl.com TML vs CH) with some venom injected... read on for fun... my ads are marked with ... - or ... - :blink:

TORONTO (AP) -Eric Staal, Scott Walker, Eric Belanger ... - :blink: defected according to report, and Justin Williams scored to lead the Carolina Hurricanes to a 4-1 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Tuesday night.

Ray Whitney had two assists for the defending Stanley Cup champion Hurricanes, who have won two straight following a three-game losing skid. ... - and if I look at the Leafs season skid... oops, I'd rather not.

Bryan McCabe scored the lone goal for the Maple Leafs, who are missing four regular players because of injuries, including Darcy Tucker - who entered tied for the most power-play goals in the NHL. ... - :blink: and every other team in the league is totally healthy, quit whining. Darcy's 'great PP goal run is marginally reportable. I really mean who cares, would his presense have won the game when TO took 3/4 of the penalties in the game.

The injury woes got worse for Toronto when defenseman Ian White didn't return after hurting his shoulder along the boards in the second period. ... - that's called conditioning... no offence IW, get well, your locker room needs all the help it can get.

Fans booed the Maple Leafs in the final minutes. ... - :blink: I'm glad the Leafs nation is run by fans who want blood on the ice but can't figure the top of the tree comes down first. ie. bye - bye Mr. Fergie...

Belanger gave Toronto *** had to inject... - :blink: how does Toronto lead a game 2 -1 when they lost 4 - 1 and there is no Belanger who plays for the Leafs? The writer must have been dreaming again, and well, a hard working CH player (from Quebec might I add...) must be pissed!... *** a 2-1 lead 2:51 into the second period on a power play, sending a screened shot from the blue line past Andre Raycroft. ... - :blink: So let me get this right, in Toronto, when a player defects to the Leafs mid-play, scores on their Goalie, means that they lead the game? Sorry, must be those new Toronto NHL hockey rules, 'cause it's the only way they'll ever win a cup...

Staal made it 3-1 with his 19th goal on a one-timer that beat Raycroft on the glove side at 18:17. Williams added an empty-net goal with 15.3 seconds left. ... expected.

Carolina's Cam Ward made 29 saves for his second win in four career games against Toronto. ... - good solid goalie.

McCabe gave Toronto a 1-0 lead at 15:24 of the first with a hard one-timer, but Walker tied it at one at 1:51 of the second by patting the puck out of the air and past Raycroft. ... :blink: By the second period, I guess maybe TO ran out of gas? Oh sorry, we're not supposed to report that.

The Hurricanes beat former coach Paul Maurice, in his first year with Toronto. ... - Is this news?

Notes: Tucker has missed four of the past five games with a left foot injury. ... - :blink: Not the Saviour, I guess. ... The Maple Leafs are also missing Kyle Wellwood (groin), Alex Ponikarovsky (shoulder) and Nik Antropov (sprained ankle). ... - As if we haven't heard already. My goodness, sadly, I've seen more footage of the not-game-ready KW that I have of game-ready E. Staal on TSN ... Maurice coached the Hurricanes franchise for more than eight seasons and ranks first in wins (268), games coached (674), playoff wins (17) and playoff games coached (35). ... - :blink: and he's no longer employed there.

In closing...

Sorry, I just had to do it. The habs are getting well again, and we will continue to see the TML fall, and sadly, we will be hearing about the Ferg years refered to same as the HB years of Leafs mis-management, sad excuses.

Yes, I am still very mean.

And right.

Wake up Toronto.

Stats below from the Carolina Hurricanes web site.

Player ERIC BELANGER GP 44 G 7 A 9 PTS 16 +/- 1 PIM 12 PP 2 SH 0 GW 0 GT - S 83 PCTG 8.4

Laugh guys (and girls), laugh,

J

Edited by jtvoxboi

so since everyone hates the leafs (so do I there was this little kid who wouldn't shut up tonight at Qdoba running around the restaurant who happened to be wearing a Leafs jacket.) but does that mean everyone hates me and my upstart HWL team?

That all depends on how many Finns you give me. :lol:

Don't make fun of Belanger! He's on my HWL team. :P

I'm not making fun of Belanger... :clap: seriously. HWL is a potentially very cool thing... I'm making fun of reporters who don't MAKE the sports news, they REPORT it and fail miserably, especially considering the NHL and the Maple 'Feafs' nation :?- .

Belanger is on a Stanley Cup caliber squad. He must be doing something for CH coaches and management to want him this year, right?!?! Read the recap I mention in my original post about the TML vs CH game last night. They (nhl.com) report Belanger scoring for the Leafs :blink: ???

There are few big mouths on TSN and NHL.com who wouldn't have a job in the real world for the gaffs they spew. I love the league, hate the fact that it appears half the reporting staff bleeds blue and white. Sadly, when there's no Toronto news to report, they still don't know how to get out of their easy chairs to find the remote to change the channel, 'cause why would you watch anything other than Leafs TV?

Cheers, and Go :hlogo: Go!

By the way, Saku :hlogo: did hit 500, and I don't see it as an nhl.com headline??? ...Funny an all-time 'fight the odds and adversity' player hits a 'nice' mark, but not a word, except in the game recap. Even Koivu's reaction was professional, and put the standing 'O' in the back seat to stay focused. If a Leaf hit that mark, we'd be watching the highlight real 'til April. Jerks. Come out of the rehash reporting closet please. Agree anyone?

Leaf Fans are even more PATHETIC than I thought possible!! I just read this garbage on Sportsnet:

It is growing more and more frustrating to cheer for this team.

If cheering for Toronto was not the cool thing to do, or the social thing to do (you know that thing everyone else does) there is no way I would be cheering for this team still. Which hey I can admit most Leafs fans in my generation I am 22, are Leafs fans because it is cool. Not because we love hockey or have any real interest in the game. Of course there are some exceptions.

All this team does is make bonehead after bonehead decisions and leech money off of people.

I am so close to just packing it in and becoming a Buffalo guy. I already cheer for the Bills why not add the Sabres.

Posted by: DoubleBlue | 1:40 AM, Wednesday January 10, 2007

Sad isnt it? :puke:

Sad isnt it? :puke:

This guy is most likley not a real fan but a fair weather fan. The Habs have them as well. I know a few Leafs fans that are near the same level I am when it comes to the passion they have for their team.

• 1 month later...

Leafs aren't sucking as much as they usually do.

Something is wrong in the universe. Fortunately, law of averages will probably make it's way into the standings soon enough and force the Laffs back to the cellar where they belong!

^BUMP^

Thanks CatClaw Leafs have scored 2 in a row. But Pens still up 3-2 come on Pens WIN IN REGULTAION.

not gonna happen... not tonight, anyway... gonna go to overtime, it looks like

fivesies

GO :hlogo: GO!

WOOOOOOOOOOOT THOSE Pesky Pens beat the Leafs in an entertaining massacre of the goalies :)

did you watch the game too - to see the entertaining massacre?

I saw some t-shirts on St-Catherine street today with a leaf's logo and where we could read : MAPLE LEAFS SUCKS. Around 20$ for a t-shirt...

Hummm...

Last week-end I was at a my daughter's ringette tourney in Ottawa, and the 'leaf's suck' shirts where all over the sports shops in the arenas. ...really funny... The staffer who was sharpening skates kept looking at the shirts, chuckling and saying, "Ain't those shirts just great?!" :lol:

I have yet to travel anywhere where people don't comment on that Toronto has Leaf fans - not hockey fans.

...by the way, the posted video from youtube is pretty funny... great find.

...wake up time Saku and the boys... next 6 to 7 games are huge..

Hey boys, my phys ed teacher wore a TML t-shirt today to class and i fulfilled my duty to hate the maple losers by saying the following appropriate words for this situation:

"F*** THE MAPLE LEAFS"

Because of those damn maple leafs i have now failed phys ed.

Hey boys, my phys ed teacher wore a TML t-shirt today to class and i fulfilled my duty to hate the maple losers by saying the following appropriate words for this situation:

"F*** THE MAPLE LEAFS"

Because of those damn maple leafs i have now failed phys ed.

...most of the players on the leafs squad have failed phys ed since 1967 as well... LOL ...just too tempting...

• 1 month later...

If it comes down to the Leafs needing to beat the Habs to get in and the Habs win...this will be the sweetest spring and summer in a loooong time. I will stick it to Leafs fans mercilessly every chance I get.

Now, heaven forbid, the Habs come out on the wrong end of that, it's going to be hell for me.

Leaf fans are the most unbearable fans in Pro Sports.

The arrogance that they are the best when they have not won a thing in 40 years is unprecedented in Professional sports. Name another franchise who thinks that they have the best franchise with the Leafs history of winning in the last 40 years?

Until they win a Cup it is nothing more than hot air.

In 40 years they have:

2 Major Award Winners

Selke - Gilmour

Byng - Mogilny

ZERO Trips to the Stanley Cup Finals

THe only other non 1990s expansion team that has not made the Finals since 1967 is:

The Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes

3 100 Point Seasons

Sundin has put up ZERO 100 point season as a Leaf.

No Rookie of the Year Awards.

No Art Ross Trophy Winners, No Vezina Winners, etc etc etc

One Division Title IN 40 YEARS!!

I view seasons in 1 way.

Montreal wins the Cup GREAT YEAR

Toronto does not win the Cup GOOD YEAR.

In my 33 years I have experienced 7 GREAT YEARS and 26 GOOD YEARS.

###### THE LEAFS, THEY SUCK!!

Edited by Wamsley01