dlbalr

Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

DON    35
20 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

I’d rather send Alzner, Lehkonen, Lindgren, forward prospect & 1st for RNH.

I rather Oilers just give him to us for nothing but Hemsky and Morrow. 

WHY do vast majority of proposals involve piling up a big bunch of low value Hab 'stuff' and actually think that will get a quality player in return?

Metallica    1
12 minutes ago, DON said:

I rather Oilers just give him to us for nothing but Hemsky and Morrow. 

WHY do vast majority of proposals involve piling up a big bunch of low value Hab 'stuff' and actually think that will get a quality player in return?

Don’t forget that the player coming back our way  seems to always be from Montreal 🤔

dlbalr    691

To Montreal:

D Kyle Quincey ($1.25M this season, pending UFA)

To Minnesota:

Conditional 2019 6th round draft pick (transferred if Quincey plays in 25 games with Montreal or is re-signed prior to October 1, 2018)

Why for Montreal?  Quincey cleared waivers earlier this week (so he'll be cheap to acquire) and can be stashed in the minors as an NHL-capable recall if injuries strike (or other trades are made).  They have plenty of cap room to absorb the small cap charge they'd incur by stashing him in Laval.  Basically, he's a Davidson replacement.

Why for Minnesota?  They're carrying nine d-men right now (including Quincey), have a whopping $40,000 in cap space, and are maxed on the 50 contract limit.  While they get no guaranteed return here, they were prepared to lose him for free a few days ago through waivers so the prospect of a potential draft pick is something while they get a bit of cap and contract wiggle room.

Pacs to Buffalo for ROR

discuss

dlbalr    691
27 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I would do it. No strings attached.

So would I.  But why would Buffalo?  If they move a guy like O'Reilly, it's probably either for futures or for a top-flight defenceman.

ehjay    16
On 12/10/2017 at 4:43 PM, dlbalr said:

So would I.  But why would Buffalo?  If they move a guy like O'Reilly, it's probably either for futures or for a top-flight defenceman.

Salary cap move for next year and trade bait for picks next year. Seems if MB had sales in him this would be like "leadership qualities" for him, an intangible that is a lot easier sale then "leadership qualities", imHo

(edit) Plus it would not be too hard for the Sabers to pump his (MaxPac) numbers next to Eichel (sp?)