Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

29 minutes ago, PMAC said:

What about dealing Hudon and a 2nd or 3rd Edmonton for Puljujärvi ?

If I am Montreal I would do that in a heartbeat. I don't think Edmonton would, they would rather see him go to Europe for a year.  I don't think Holland is in any rush to trade him. 

16 minutes ago, Commandant said:

7 x 7

I don’t mind the money but as usual, I find that the term required to land a free agent makes me nervous 

13 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

If I am Montreal I would do that in a heartbeat. I don't think Edmonton would, they would rather see him go to Europe for a year.  I don't think Holland is in any rush to trade him. 

You are probably right, but who knows Edm is in need of wingers on the cheap

14 hours ago, PMAC said:

What about dealing Hudon and a 2nd or 3rd Edmonton for Puljujärvi ?

I wouldn't do this.  Yakupov had a better rookie season and better offensive numbers overall during his career with the Oilers and was dealt for a 3rd and an ECHLer.  I wouldn't give more than that for him.  IMO, Puljujarvi never hits his ceiling.  He's a middle six guy at best. 

If Aho doesn’t work out we should pursue Nikita Gusev. Vegas apparently having cap troubles so may look for a trade. This guy could be a sneaky good pick up

17 hours ago, Meller93 said:

If Aho doesn’t work out we should pursue Nikita Gusev. Vegas apparently having cap troubles so may look for a trade. This guy could be a sneaky good pick up

Apparently he's looking for 8mill/2. 

41 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

$8Mx2? That sounds pretty high, considering he has yet to play in the NHL. He's great in the KHL but how well would that translate?

do you mean 8 mill per year or 4 per?

22 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The reported ask is 2 years at $4 million per season.  Vegas is offering 2 years at $2 million per year.

Personally I don’t blink at that with mtls cap

I think that's no problem. I've never seen him play, though, so it's a scouting decision. We have the cap space and and it looks like he could help our scoring.

As for Hutton, the Canucks fans think that Benn is a big upgrade from Hutton ...

49 minutes ago, Metallica said:

If you want to talk sneaky good pick up LD Hutton. He could be a get addition.

I like Hutton but wouldn’t expect too much. Could be a nice #5 dman, has some wheels and offensive tools. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t end up as a patchwork piece to cover the Krakatoa-sized hole at LD

54 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Personally I don’t blink at that with mtls cap

What's it going to take to trade for him though?  That's the tricky part considering there's no NHL track record to fall back on.  

14 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

What's it going to take to trade for him though?  That's the tricky part considering there's no NHL track record to fall back on.  

Draft picks (which have no cap hit) ... anyone with salary would likely need to be on an ELC.

17 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Gardiner ... paging Jake Gardiner ...

Anyway, we don't know what's going on there yet. But would Hutton really do much more than Leskinen?

Considering that Hutton has four years of NHL experience and we don’t even know whether Leskinen can play in the league, I’d have to say it’s likely.

And pace Canucks fans, I’m not so sure Benn is a big upgrade on Hutton.