GDT Thread Dec 23 - The Fourth Liners vs. McJesus

These fools keep winning, condemning one grouchy Cucumber to keep making these dratted Game Day Threads.

image.jpeg

SO! PPG superstar Daniel Carr, elite sniper Byron Froese, unstoppable power forward Nicolas Deslaurier, and their supporting cast of quiet role-players like Max Pacioretty will be scoring up a storm in front of surefire Vezina winner Aunty Niemi at Rogers Place (a.k.a. Calgary Flames Envy Place).

niemi_antti_1280.jpg

The historic cavalcade of excellence continues: Vezina...Durnan...Plante...Dryden...Roy...Niemi. :habslogo:

The Edmonton Carbon Taxes have at least two players who are massively superior to any forward the Habs have had on their roster since Saku Koivu blew out his knee; and yet the team is inexplicably 14th in their conference, a portent to all advocates of "tanking". (The Gazette has billed this as a showdown between 'two disappointing teams,' but I'm trying to figure out which team, other than Edmonton, is under-performing relative to its talent level). Connor McJesus had "only" four points in five career games against the Habs, and he won't have Carey Price to feast on tonight, so he might as well be in the stands eating hot dogs. The REAL danger is, of course, this guy:

Image result for SQUID

In fact, both teams are on modest rolls - EDM has won three straight, Montreal two. The Oil have been getting back a  number of injured players, especially Adam Larrson, so my guess is that they're poised for a second-half surge. And with the Habs only four points out of the Wild Card spot, the dream of a humiliating first-round playoff exit is STILL ALIVE!!!!

image.jpeg

:habslogo: GO HABS GO :habslogo:

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately, the Google search for Antti Niemi as a Hab isn't very good - that's Charlie Lindgren you have in your picture.  (There are quite a few Lindgren pictures among the top results, oddly enough.  Maybe that's a sign that Google thinks Lindgren should be up instead of Niemi...)

Here's one of Niemi:

niemi_antti_1280.jpg

I don't think it's a guarantee yet that Niemi plays though.  Julien has no trust in him and with a three-day layoff coming up, I can see him starting Price again.

Glad to see you're having so much fun doing these GDTs...here's hoping for a long win streak so your enjoyment can continue. :D

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Unfortunately, the Google search for Antti Niemi as a Hab isn't very good - that's Charlie Lindgren you have in your picture.  (There are quite a few Lindgren pictures among the top results, oddly enough.  Maybe that's a sign that Google thinks Lindgren should be up instead of Niemi...)

Here's one of Niemi:

niemi_antti_1280.jpg

I don't think it's a guarantee yet that Niemi plays though.  Julien has no trust in him and with a three-day layoff coming up, I can see him starting Price again.

Glad to see you're having so much fun doing these GDTs...here's hoping for a long win streak so your enjoyment can continue. :D

Whoops! I *thought* something was awry with that pic, but was in a rush and trusted Google (big mistake). Once I get to a proper laptop I'll fix that image.

EDIT: fixed. Thanks, dlbalr!

That was ugly.  Niemi's keeping them in it but they need to wake up soon.  Can Lernout make it through two straight shifts without falling down or screwing up?  The nerves are getting to him tonight, just like they did in his first game with the Habs last year. 

Morrow’s been one of my better surprises this year but usually hear negative remarks about him. 

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Galchenyuk's having a quiet night.  He hasn't done much when he's out there and he hasn't been out there much; his 8:03 TOI is the lowest on the Habs.

12 points in his last 12 before tonight. 

Julien is ready to bench him... can't have that. 

9 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

These fools keep winning, condemning one grouchy Cucumber to keep making these dratted Game Day Threads.

image.jpeg

SO! PPG superstar Daniel Carr, elite sniper Byron Froese, unstoppable power forward Nicolas Deslaurier, and their supporting cast of quiet role-players like Max Pacioretty will be scoring up a storm in front of surefire Vezina winner Aunty Niemi at Rogers Place (a.k.a. Calgary Flames Envy Place).

niemi_antti_1280.jpg

The historic cavalcade of excellence continues: Vezina...Durnan...Plante...Dryden...Roy...Niemi. :habslogo:

The Edmonton Carbon Taxes have at least two players who are massively superior to any forward the Habs have had on their roster since Saku Koivu blew out his knee; and yet the team is inexplicably 14th in their conference, a portent to all advocates of "tanking". (The Gazette has billed this as a showdown between 'two disappointing teams,' but I'm trying to figure out which team, other than Edmonton, is under-performing relative to its talent level). Connor McJesus had "only" four points in five career games against the Habs, and he won't have Carey Price to feast on tonight, so he might as well be in the stands eating hot dogs. The REAL danger is, of course, this guy:

Image result for SQUID

In fact, both teams are on modest rolls - EDM has won three straight, Montreal two. The Oil have been getting back a  number of injured players, especially Adam Larrson, so my guess is that they're poised for a second-half surge. And with the Habs only four points out of the Wild Card spot, the dream of a humiliating first-round playoff exit is STILL ALIVE!!!!

image.jpeg

:habslogo: GO HABS GO :habslogo:

Gee.. its the top of the third and I just read the inspired GDT. Weldon CC.

• Upvote 1

Casperetty has more icetime than any other forward....and has chipped in with ONE shot on net.  Be nice if he popped one to make for an exciting finish, but I won't hold my breath.  #floatingcaptain

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

Jujar Karrah, the oilers 4th line center has more goals than any habs center. 

Says alot. 

Jujhar is 2 goals behind our supposed scorer and captain.  The way things are trending, I wouldn't bet against him pulling even by the end of next week.