Game Thread | Capitals vs. Montreal | 02/20/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the record he broke or tied was PP goals for the Habs as a defenceman.

You seem to be the trivia master :clap:

Any word on if Kostitsyn has been called up yet to replace Begin? Or will it be Grabovski? As far as I am concerned, the kids are alright!

You seem to be the trivia master :clap:

Any word on if Kostitsyn has been called up yet to replace Begin? Or will it be Grabovski? As far as I am concerned, the kids are alright!

No word but Rivet still needs to come off the IR.

No word but Rivet still needs to come off the IR.

What, only one person allowed on IR at a time? Because rivet won't be coming back for a little bit. Last I heard he was still trying to get back in to shape, and was looking at next weekend at the earliest.

What, only one person allowed on IR at a time? Because rivet won't be coming back for a little bit. Last I heard he was still trying to get back in to shape, and was looking at next weekend at the earliest.

there is no limit for the IR but if they call a player up for one game whats the point really.

there is no limit for the IR but if they call a player up for one game whats the point really.

To give him another look. Also, Rivet is still a maybe for the weekend, so it could be two games. And, if he is doing well, and Samsonov is still sucking, he could go to the minors. But I'm not the GM ... I'd just like to see Kostitsyn to get his just dessert.

To give him another look. Also, Rivet is still a maybe for the weekend, so it could be two games. And, if he is doing well, and Samsonov is still sucking, he could go to the minors. But I'm not the GM ... I'd just like to see Kostitsyn to get his just dessert.

So would I man in hindsight I would have loved to see Kostitsyn with the Habs all year and the Habs to have never signed Sammy.

A rest from what? They had the day off yesterday. He certainly didn't wear himself out over the weekend, he doesn't play hard enough for that.

I still think something is going on behind the scenes. first a bump, then a rest, who knows. hopefully something official will come out soon.

A rest from what? They had the day off yesterday. He certainly didn't wear himself out over the weekend, he doesn't play hard enough for that.

I still think something is going on behind the scenes. first a bump, then a rest, who knows. hopefully something official will come out soon.

Carbonneu could have just been having some fun with the media.

Also mentioned in the article is that Steve Begin is out at least two weeks with a broken bone in his foot, after blocking a shot in Columbus. :wall:

That's what, 5 injuries now?

:wall:

Oh well. Habs must win this!

FOR GREAT JUSTICE, MOVE EVERY 'PUCK'

ALL YOUR GOALS ARE SCORED BY US

So would I man in hindsight I would have loved to see Kostitsyn with the Habs all year and the Habs to have never signed Sammy.

I liked Grabovski better. He seemed to want it more. Kostitsyn didn't impress me with the Habs.

Also mentioned in the article is that Steve Begin is out at least two weeks with a broken bone in his foot, after blocking a shot in Columbus. :wall:

That's his reward for leading by example. :(

Habs have a lot of injuries, but it is not like the guys who are injured are breaking the back of a team who is clicking on all cylinders. They were stinking the joint out, might as well find out what you've got.

Edited by Wamsley01

One win doesn't mean the freefall is over, however it was a good start. And it was just the kind of win that digs teams out of that kind of mire - not pretty but just what the doctor ordered if they hope to move ahead.

The concern I have is that Begin's injury is more bad news for a team that has a very fragile mindset at the moment...

Edited by beliveau1

One win doesn't mean the freefall is over, however it was a good start. And it was just the kind of win that digs teams out of that kind of mire - not pretty but just what the doctor ordered if they hope to move ahead.

The concern I have is that Begin's injury is more bad news for a team that has a very fragile mindset at the moment...

Well I think we've been playing for the past few games, we've just been taking a period or half a period off and the opponent has been capitalizing in that stretch.

Well I think we've been playing for the past few games, we've just been taking a period or half a period off and the opponent has been capitalizing in that stretch.

exactly... it's not that we've completely stunk out the joint, even in the 2 losses preceding the columbus win, it's just that when we've made mistakes, the opponents have always scored.

The way I look at it is injuries are just an excuse. If this team cannot lift itself off the mat because Kovalev and Huet and Begin are down then what type of damage were we going to do in the playoffs anyways?

They could not stop the Canes from coming back when Koivu went down and were happy to use it as an excuse.

Once again lets look at the most overated franchise in Professional sports...the Toronto Maple Leafs and look at the roster that has been winning night in and night out. They lost Peca/Wellwood/Tucker and have gotten better. Why? A team full of pluggers that works hard EVERY NIGHT!

If we cannot turn it around we were just going to get smacked in the first round anyways. I don't know about you but I judge success by one thing...Winning the Stanley Cup. There is 1 Winner every year and there are 29 losers.

What is the difference between Edmonton and Montreal this year? Does it matter that they made the Finals?

Who cares. I will view a 4-5 year window of banging on the door and building to a championship as more success then a one off miracle run.

The next 20 games are going to show us what the PROSPECTS have to offer. Maybe a Higgins will emerge like last year, maybe a Halak this year. THe Habs have nothing to lose right now, if we fall apart I will watch to see what pieces will be here next year and which ones we can say goodbye to.

I am tired of this 7th-8th seed sprint every year, it has become depressing. At least when we outright stunk in 2000 I had dreams of Kovalchuk floating in my head.

True enough Wamsley, the problem with seeing what the kids have right now is they are mixed in with an unhealthy core which spreads lazyness and poor work ethic around. I would keep the youngsters on lines with eachother, don't let the poison get to them.

I also agree that a turnover and letting the youth play and acquiring picks and younger players is the way to go. The faster the deadwood leaves the faster a power house will be born.

I totally agree about excuses for losing, it's been going too long.

The rumors swirling today are getting crazy. This time of year I find it very difficult to focus on anything I'm doing because there is a new rumor every 10 minutes.

With Sourray leaving practice this morning, Oy how can i get any work done.

On to tonights game, I'm guessing Murray will replace Begin in the lineup. This should lead to one of Perezhogin (my choice) or Latendresse moving all the way up to the play with Saku or Plex depenidng if who Higgins and Ryder play with.

Should be very interesting this evening, let's hope the Habs can get another solid performance and support Halak. I"m looking forward to game time.

Go Saku Go

Go Halak Go

Go Habs Go