We'll see what we're made of this weekend!

kost46

We all know we've won 7 out of our last 8 but the real test is this weekend.

Our 7 wins were against:

St Louis: 4-3 (10th)

NYI: 5-3 (11th)

Toronto: 3-2 (10th)

Boston: 1-0 (13th)

Boston: 6-3 (13th)

Washington: 4-1 (14th)

NYR: 6-4 (6th)

As you can see, most of those teams we beat were average to horrible. The only great team we played during this 8 game stretch was the Penguins and we lost. (We had Abi though)

We'll see if Mr. Halak is the real deal as we face the Sens who have only 2 regulation losses in their last 22 games and the Buffalo Sabres on back to back nights. Sens and Sabres are the two top teams in the east in goals for and overall.

If we win both games, then we're in for sure. If we can at least get 3 points, its still looking good!

No question this weekend is it. Montreal has done well to beat the teams they should beat, but this weekend is going to be a different story. Ottawa and Buffalo are several steps ahead of the Rangers and Washington, and Montreal is going to have to battle hard not to get blown out in both games.

Its one things for Halak to face the Rangers and Washington. But Buffalo is the highest scoring team in the league for a reason. They are dynamite. Montreal better show up to play. Same with Ottawa

I'll be there saturday against buffalo...this could be a preview of the 1st round. and on a good, we totally play with them.

I am way more afraid of Ottawa than Buffalo, they just seem to have our number. If we can get 2 points this weekend i'd be happy. Even 2 overtime losses would be alright for me.

Go Habs GO :hlogo:

This weekend we need victories. Nothing short of that to give us breathing room. With teams working hard to secure a playoff spot or keep one, it will not be easy but this is the time for the character of a team to show up!

needless to say I'm very happy with the effort thus far. even if they were against sub par teams; if we did not show up and play our post season dreams would have been over a long time ago.

GO HABS GO!

We really need to win both games not only to get into the playoffs but also to give us some much needed confidence so we know that we can play with these teams. What is the point of getting into the playoffs if you are just going to go down hard in the first round. If Halak can show up and stand on his head (which he'll need to do if we expect 2 wins) we have a shot. The most important thing for this team right now is to have Halak thinking he's the best goalie in the league because without a confident goalie we are finished...even if we do slide into the playoffs.

Huet has been bad against Ottawa, Aebi actually fared a lot better in those games. Wonder what Halak can do.

I expect Huet gets the start on Saturday vs Buffalo, if he is ready.

I'm also far more afraid of Ott. But if we can get at least 1 pt there going home for saturday, we will be in a better position. As for who we have beaten, it matters not that they are lower-ranked teams. In this league, anyone can win on any night, and to win 7 of 8 is a hard thing to do

We absolutely need to win 1 out of 2 this weekend.

2 would be awesome !!!

if we get two points this week end, we're in business!!

I think we will need 3 points from these two games to have it in our hands. Otherwise Im afraid that we have to rely on the other teams losing and thats not something I want to endure.

2 wins should be what they are aiming for and since thier record on the second game of back to backs is not that great they better come out flying Friday night. I also believe the Sens may be without Redden.

Anything less than a split is disastrous if the other clubs in the way win their games!

Habs have to win both as far as I'm concerned - take care of business yourself.

I hate the back door route into the playoffs....

The good thing is... as of right now, we do have a "magic number". Of course, that number is 10. 10 points and we're in. Problem: we only have 5 games left. :)

10 points would actually guarantee us 7th, though, as by beating the Rangers, even in OT, we'd pass them.

What we need to do is do atleast as well as the Islanders do in these two games. That should be atleast 2 points (preferably a win so we can equal Tampa's total).

The Senators top line did not skate on Wednesday. Alfredsson and Spezza sat out with soreness, while Heatley dealt with an ankle injury. All three are expected to practice on Thursday.

Patrick Eaves also didn't skate on Wednesday as he is dealing with a lower-body injury suffered Tuesday against Boston. Bryan Murray says Eaves is still in some discomfort and isn't sure if he will skate Thursday.

Wade Redden, who missed Tuesday's game with tightness in his groin, was back at practice on Wednesday and is expected to play Friday. - TSN

God I wish this was a gameday vs OTT report!!

Redden has had groin problems all year I would not rush him back if I were the Sens if they lose him during the playoffs it could really hurt.

I'll be there too!!

Hope we can pull off a win

I will be there as well we should have a little Habsworld meet and greet at the game just to say hello!

Buffalo is not unbeatable.

The LEAFS :blink: dominated them for 5 and a half periods.

Now unless I missed something that is not saying much.

Their schedule may have allowed them to stay in this, but they have won 6 games against these 2 teams and have lost only 5 in regulation.

These are winnable games and they need to step up

and

WTF with Atlanta starting Lehtonen against Florida and their backup against Toronto????

Edited by Wamsley01

Buffalo is not unbeatable.

The LEAFS :blink: dominated them for 5 and a half periods.

Now unless I missed something that is not saying much.

Their schedule may have allowed them to stay in this, but they have won 6 games against these 2 teams and have lost only 5 in regulation.

These are winnable games and they need to step up

and

WTF with Atlanta starting Lehtonen against Florida and their backup against Toronto????

Will they definitely start their backup against the leafs? Is this confirmed? He wouldn't be the first goalie to play back to back nights. Raycroft does it all the time for the leafs. And I wouldn't trade Lehtonen for 100 Raycrofts.

The good thing is... as of right now, we do have a "magic number". Of course, that number is 10. 10 points and we're in. Problem: we only have 5 games left. :)

10 points would actually guarantee us 7th, though, as by beating the Rangers, even in OT, we'd pass them.

The magic number to clinch any playoff spot is actually 11, our wins combined with leafs,canes,isles losses takes away points.

Will they definitely start their backup against the leafs? Is this confirmed? He wouldn't be the first goalie to play back to back nights. Raycroft does it all the time for the leafs. And I wouldn't trade Lehtonen for 100 Raycrofts.

yea hedberg is playing for atlanta tonight which is sick