The Great Merged Toronto Thread

rafikz

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBC for me. the image and sound are simply better then rds will ever be. I'll just have to listen to the cole-neale BS. I just want to hear them when they figure out that montreal as won the game keeping the laughs out of the post season. I'll tape this one...will become an antology masterpiece !!

Unfortunately I will not get to see it as I am at a large family functionin northern Ontario Saturday night.

Would be RDS if I was home, and it would have to be CBC if I could catch it Saturday when I'm up north.

A Laffs victory in a winner takes all scenario on CBC would be tough to watch..... :angry: :puke: :angry:

But.... my favourite was SRC.. during the broadcaster lockout when the only sounds was the skating and the crowd.

Yes - that was almost like being in an arena live..... I was lovin' that!!!!!!!!!

Edited by beliveau1

It'll be CBC. I'm going to my parents place this weekend and my dad will want to understand the commentary. I'll be a nervous wreck if the Habs haven't clinched by that point anyways. There will be a lot of exaggerated emotions.

Still not sure. I'll probably go with CBC and deal with the Leaf bias just to better understand the commentary. My French is okay, but not perfect and I'll be too nervous to focus on the commentary anyway if we haven't clinched yet.

I have a funny feeling Toronto will lose tonight. They have been wildly all over the map this season and tend to throw in a stinker every now and then - even when it is a "big game" or against an injury-laden opponent.

you know what helps a lot for OT wins? powerplays, eh toronto?

2006-2007 - Regular Season - Power Play - POWER PLAY OPPORTUNITIES:

Toronto 16 out of 30

Edited by st_hat_trick

Unfortunatly I don't understand French so it will be the CBC...I have watched like 75 games on RDS this year so when I get the opprotunity to hear a game in english I usually take it, but if we start to get our asses kicked then I will turn to RDS...

So that I don't have to hear that the leafs are the best team in the universe, or listen to Cole and Neale pretend to be sympathetic towards the Habs for about 2 seconds before telling me how awsome Sundin is or how good Raycroft has been.

I really hope that we cream those Bastards.....Go Habs GO :hlogo:

Bob Cole called saves by 'Habs goalie Jose Thibodeau' and people are supporting him??? AHHHH!!!! :angry:

Can we at least agree that harry Neale is the most useless colour guy in recorded human history?

Hadn't thought about the HDTV angle, though. I don't have access to the technology, so it fails to factor in.

Here's to the 'less is more' idea. Now if only they would do the same at the arenas, and turn off all that damned pumped in Nickleback and U2 that bludgeons us all into a stupor and makes conversation between fans impossible.

Unfortunatly I don't understand French so it will be the CBC...I have watched like 75 games on RDS this year so when I get the opprotunity to hear a game in english I usually take it, but if we start to get our asses kicked then I will turn to RDS...

Same here, I live in Ottawa and usually watch the games on RDS. I understand french perfectly but will take any opportunity to watch them A- in english and B- in HD. Nothing against the french personally, but the RDS Habs bias can take away from a game just as much as the CBC/TSN Leafs Bias. I too enjoyed the broadcasters lockout, either make your commentary unbiased or don't say anythign at all. The only thing I like about RDS....

"LE TIR ET LE BUUUUUUUUUUT!!"

That never gets old :D

Edited by cfposi

Can we at least agree that harry Neale is the most useless colour guy in recorded human history?

I don't like ANY colour commentators. I rate the broadcasts by two things.. how much the commentators talk about the actual game that is playing and how unbiased they are (or at the least biased towards the Canadiens).

Yes - that was almost like being in an arena live..... I was lovin' that!!!!!!!!!
And we'll never get to see that again... I just want a broadcast where I can choose to turn off the commentators but not mute the entire thing.

Okay, this has been worrying me for 10 days now and it looks lke it may come to pass.

So suppose we beat NYR tonight in regulation while the Leafs lose. They we clinch our spot and we are all happy. But are we really? Because then we pass the Rangers and move into 7th. If TB also wins then TB clinches 6th.

Now we seem to all agree that we don't want to play NJ and so finishing 7th is not good (although better than 9th). Also of course we hope to see the Leafs finish 9th again. Thus on Saturday we will be hoping the Rangers pass us. But, and here's the rub, NYR can only pass us if we lose Saturday. Also the Leafs may need a win Saturday to get up to 9th. Thus if we clinch tonight, we may be better off losing Saturday.

Thus we will be in the horrible position of possibly rooting for the Leafs over the Habs.

[Note to mods: please don't ban me].

I don't think I can bring myself to root for the Habs to lose to the Leafs. So clinching tonight may lead to

our worst nightmare. :?- :?- :?-

Maybe if we do clinch tonight we will have to play Aebischer and Samsonov on Saturday. Or maybe we will put Niinimaa in goal and put Aebischer at centre to take all the key faceoffs.

Edited by Peter Puck

Good point...I dont like our chances against NJ and Marty. But as u said, better play NJ than end up 9th watching the leafs from the golf course.

I just got a 42"Plasma and HD sat receiver so it'll be CBC for me, though I have watched RDS faithfully for 3 years. And depending on how the game's going and my superstitious nature I may find my way back to RDS...

I am bilingual but wish I didn't understand Pednese! Yvon Pednault is the single worst color man in history, and that is saying something when Harry Neal still has work...

Never have I heard anyone so high on their own perspective and so demeaning to anyone who is not "blessed" with his level of intelligence, skill, knowledge of the game and all other things related to hockey, the Canadiens, etc...oh yeah, and why doesn't he just come out and say, "I hate Michael Ryder". Arse.

I loathe him. Clear enough?

Houde would be alright if he wasn't so influenced by Yvon the Terrible.

Thanks for letting me get that out.

Edited by The Saint

OOOORRR the Devils could somehow lose to Philly and the NYI, while Pittsburgh beats both the Senators and Rangers, then we would play the Penguins!

This is provided we win tonight and Saturday too.

And that TB clinches.

In a perfect world though, we win 2 games, Tampa and the Rangers lose their last two games and we move up to play Atlanta as they win their last two and hold off Pittsburgh. But that probably won't happen.

Now you're looking ahead Peter, and Carbo would not want us to do that..

One game at a time.

(And if we clinched tonight, it would probably actually END my nightmares)