Game Thread | Boston vs. Habs | 11/17/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id love to lace up a psycho like Enrico Ciccone for games against Chara. Would be perfect. Just give him a couple of ol' skates and some gear and only put him on the ice against Chara in games like this.

Wow... a game to remember.

52 shots

7 goals

Coaches at it

Fights a plenty

Goals by all our Ko's

Did i mention 52 shots?

Kovalev has 10 goals after 17 games, on pace for 43 goals!

I liked how he scored on the power play caused by Chara's attempt to injure on him.

F---ing Chara.

Edited by Cataclaw

It ain't even talking about fighting or gooning here. Begin got penalties as did Chara. Begin was an excellent agitator. Chara was fodder! The B's are all upset about the last 2 losses. They were on a mission tonight to exact revenge. I'm not sure what happened to their game plan :wacko: .

With 6 minutes to go and being 2 goals down, there's a time to get under your opponents skin and trash talk. Try to draw a penalty. That's what you're suppose to do! The last thing you do is what the Bruins did tonight. Gooning it up should be done to send a message for the next game when this game is lost.

6 minutes :blink:

IMO: Stupid!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

didn't watch tonight. Glad we won. REALLY glad we got a lot of goals.

So is Higgins the one who's officially in a slump now? 7 goals from the team tonight and not even a point to show for it? I'm concerned about my fav player... those who were watching, did he at least play a good game?

didn't watch tonight. Glad we won. REALLY glad we got a lot of goals.

So is Higgins the one who's officially in a slump now? 7 goals from the team tonight and not even a point to show for it? I'm concerned about my fav player... those who were watching, did he at least play a good game?

You shouldn't worry. I'd be more worried about Ryder. Ryder did work hard tonight but he is snakebitten. I'm not worried about Higgins, it'll pay in silver dollars soon. But Ryder, where is Ryder?

You shouldn't worry. I'd be more worried about Ryder. Ryder did work hard tonight but he is snakebitten. I'm not worried about Higgins, it'll pay in silver dollars soon. But Ryder, where is Ryder?

Thanks AC. your opinion's always helpful (and insightful) but didn't Ryder get a few points? No goals I know, but still, contributing again, so that's a good sign.

Another thing that I think we SHOULD be concerned about: we scored 7, but 4 were on special teams (3 pp, 1 shorthanded...) Good that we scored 3 5 on 5, but we really need to be scoring MOST of our goals 5 on 5, and unless and until that changes, any game where we don't have a lot of PP time, our offense will be majorly neutralized...

Healthy scratch, yeah.

Awesome game, i'm turning in early tonight, but with a huge smile on my face.

Did anyone else catch Captain Kirk mouth off a "f-ck off" to julien? Priceless.

yeah it actually looked like julien was calling muller or carbo out to fight, Hey we could have won that one :clap:

If you removed the Habs from the Bruins schedule they would have given up 31 goals in 15 games.

That was a game that the Habs could have scored 10+. Even when it was 3-3 it was not indicative of the play at all.

Price was good, the only goal that was remotely stoppable was the first one.

Even though they dominated the play, I still have concern over the regression of our defensive zone coverage.

But it was a nice way to bounce back from the stinker last night.

I did not overreact to the loss and predict doom. One game at a time allows me not to get to high or to low.

Nice win, let's hope the Sens are not all fired up after losing to God's team :puke:

And

Since I have ripped on Ryder for bad efforts, I will point out he was very strong tonight and had 13 SHOTS!

Edited by Wamsley01

I'm happy as long as we don't lose two in a row. I don't want to see another slump.

Tonight was a great game for us, obviously.

Good recap, Makaskill, but i'm surprised you didn't mention Chara at all. :o

Hahaha, honestly, I thought about it after it was done, but I couldn't find a good place to fit in the whole Chara vs Begin thing so I let it be for now...

I mean, I don't know if it's good that Begin was SUPERpest all night long w/ Chara.. I know I loved watching it and how Begin kept laughing as Chara was SUPERenraged and began to attack. But then again, Chara scored a big goal (at the time) and yeah, maybe it got him mad and into the game early on. Of course, keeping Chara in the box keeps him fresh... or some would argue out of the flow.

In the end though, it was Chara that went off and gave the Habs that (7 minutes?/:O) big powerplay. Hehe. Anyway, consider the whole Chara thing as part of the Julien goonery (that's a word now, scouts honor).

Great, entertaining game tonite. Lotsa goals, scraps, and most of all Habs win. 52 shots, WOW. Ryder with 13, unlucky not to score tonite. Kostits looked like a young star in the making. Look at the potential there. Lats has had a very tough time lately, so it was nice to see him score. Maybe help his confidence. 7 goals, and i wish they would scored a couple more PP goals at the end of the game. Great to see the guys sticking up for each other. Didn't win any of the fights, but showed grit. Looks like Kostopolo may have to sit a game after picking up the instigator in the last minutes. Would be nice to see Higgins get outa his scoring funk, but that should come.

All-in-all, a nice win.

what are we waiting to ban this ######er?

I agree. Soccerox's should be Trollox.... Continual, pointless, negative posts about how the losing team has choked in losing to MTL spells T-r-o-l-l- to me. A warning, if not an outright ban, is in order.

Edited by PMAC

A great gamee to watch. since I was tough on them after buffalo I'll give them credit for showing up and playing hard. Let's hope friday was a bump in the road not Saturday. Since I have been critical of Ryder he definitely played his best game. The defensive zone was off again last night. They easily could have scored 10 goals

Lets give some praise to Gorges, the first player to stand up for a goalie this year. Kosty and Kosto also for standing up. This is a game why you need a real goon on your team. you can't have people running at your best young players. They need saomeone who mean, nasty and can actually win a fight. I'm tired of the young players getting thrown around like rag dolls.

I am interested to see which team sjows up Monday.