What do the Habs need to get to the next level?

KoZed

What do the Habs need to get to the next level?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do the Habs need to get to the next level?

• Game-breaking scoring winger
    • Big powerforward winger
    • #1 playmaking center
    • Big checking/faceoff center
    • 4th line enforcer
    • Good defensive Dman
    • Good offensive Dman
    • Better goalie

I think I'd rather try a winger first - Koivu might end up being the 2nd-line O ctr we think we need - for a limited time (max 2 seasons).

But I think we'll need a combination of more than a couple of things on the list.

Edited by tokyohabs

I picked winger because I think we're lacking an established NHL at the right side (sure Serge is good, but he's a rookie). Not saying Koivu/Higgins need a winger to jump start them... as they merely need to jump start themselves. However, another guy who can score would be great.

Also, Hamrlik and O'Byrne need to get into the line up and push Mark Streit back to forward where he belongs.

We need a big POWER FORWARD who can score 30 goals per year. Someone who isn'T afraid to crush his opponents into the boards!

Edited by Habsfan

We need a big POWER FORWARD who can score 30 goals per year. Someone who isn'T afraid to crush his opponents into the boards!

Max pacioretty in a few years !!! :clap: :clap:

Scoring winger, power forward or a top 4 defensive defenseman would all help this team right now.

We need some scoring from our second line. A solid winger or a big power forward would help there. I think we currently have three top 4 defensemen and four #6 defensemen on this team. Adding another top 4 Dman would help out a lot.

A trip to the wizard of oz. There they can pick up some heart, courage and character.

A tough guy is needed as well. Having Gorges and AK74 being your tough guys isn't working out that well. Rupp is out of Favor in New Jersey.

Once Hamrlik returns, Obyrne they will get better defensively.

Scoring winger, power forward or a top 4 defensive defenseman would all help this team right now.

We need some scoring from our second line. A solid winger or a big power forward would help there. I think we currently have three top 4 defensemen and four #6 defensemen on this team. Adding another top 4 Dman would help out a lot.

Agreed...though the defence is less concerning to me. Admittedly that surprised me a little...I thought we were really, really weak after our top 3, instead we're just average in our 4, 5 and 6 dman slots.

I love following prospects as much as the next guy but at some point you have to decide to take some risks and make some moves. This team could deal 3-4 good prospects and next years 1st rounder and STILL have a good farm system...considering they have about $4M left under the cap, AND the cap is rising to $54-$57M next year, NOW is the time to add a player. JMHO.

considering they have about $4M left under the cap, AND the cap is rising to $54-$57M next year, NOW is the time to add a player. JMHO.

I disagree. Nobody in their right minds had predicted that the Habs would be in this postition early on this year. Everyone predicted that the ahsb would finish 12th or 13th, and those who were generous, predicted that we'd be fighting for a playoff spot. Well guess what, let's keep going in the right direction. We don't have what it takes to win it all this year. Why give away many good young prospects for a rental player?

Hossa is making 7 million$ this year, you can expect him to be asking for a long term 8 to 9 million$ per season contract. Can we really afford that? Plex , Komisarek, Higgins, Streit, A. Kosty, Lats and Laper will all be expecting major raises either next season or the year after that!

Plex , Komisarek, Higgins, Streit, A. Kosty, Lats and Laper will all be expecting major raises either next season or the year after that!

Higgins had better pick up his game if he wants a big raise.

I biug power forward, a good talented winger and some heart. The bastards have been playing like pussies since the third period against the Rangers on SuperBowl Sunday!

Edited by Habsfan