Game Thread | Habs vs. Panthers | 13/02/08

Cataclaw

Lapierre needs to be doing certain things to be effective. He is useful on a 3rd or betteryet the 4th line as a player who has some young legs to cause havoc. He's got to be physical and he can PK sometimes. If the Habs need to rely on the likes of him to score they will be in trouble. He will chip in the odd time offensively, but is a role player at most.

He is definitely not a 'waste' as was stated.

I believe he would be better suited as the 4th line right winger. Unfortunately right now it belongs to the likes of Kostopolous and Dandy.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Best game from Koivu since a while, had a captain hook penalty but great game for Saku.

2. Price is AWESOME when he doesn't allow 4 goals...

3. Vokoun is AWESOME when he doesn't allow 4+ goals...

4. Markov had a way better game than his last 2-3, O'Byrne was nice too.

50-50 in Florida, correct. Calm down and win 2-3 others in a row now...

1. Best game from Koivu since a while, had a captain hook penalty but great game for Saku.

2. Price is AWESOME when he doesn't allow 4 goals...

3. Vokoun is AWESOME when he doesn't allow 4+ goals...

4. Markov had a way better game than his last 2-3, O'Byrne was nice too.

50-50 in Florida, correct. Calm down and win 2-3 others in a row now...

Wait til he figures out the NHL. He is still on a steep learning curve

So...

Price starts until he loses?

He played a solid game so I don't see why they shouldn't go with him again.

So...

Won't happen. Personally I would ride the hot hand. You win, you play. You lose, you sit.

What better way to reward each goalie.

So...

Carey Price played alright today....but it's the Florida Panthers...he still hasn't won over my full confidence. IMO, I still think Huet should remain number one. It wasn't Price who won us the games to pull us within a point of Ottawa...so why all the Carey raves? ......it's one win ^_^ . And FYI the habs played like absolute siht vs Sens and Tampa Bay from what I saw...lets not goalie juggle like Ottawa...

Won't happen. Personally I would ride the hot hand. You win, you play. You lose, you sit.

What better way to reward each goalie.

You just summed up what Carbo said before tonight's game.

So Price starts until he loses one...

Carey Price played alright today....but it's the Florida Panthers...he still hasn't won over my full confidence. IMO, I still think Huet should remain number one. It wasn't Price who won us the games to pull us within a point of Ottawa...so why all the Carey raves? ......it's one win ^_^ . And FYI the habs played like absolute siht vs Sens and Tampa Bay from what I saw...lets not goalie juggle like Ottawa...

35 saves and 1 goal against and he played alright? What does he need to get a "good game kid" from you? Turn the ice in to wine?!?! It's ok to love Huet, but give the kid credit when he steal us a game.

35 saves and 1 goal against and he played alright? What does he need to get a "good game kid" from you? Turn the ice in to wine?!?! It's ok to love Huet, but give the kid credit when he steal us a game.

I used to get irritated, but Habs fans are the ones who tried to run Patrick Roy out of town to give Racicot a chance in 1993.

So if people don't want to get excited for a 20 year old goalie, then let them be.

He played really well tonight. Was he spectacular? No, but he won the game and made some big saves in doing it.

We won, I am happy, end of story :D

I told my wife in the first period, "Oh good, the Koivu line is going to score tonight!" So nice to see Koivu and Higgy messin with the defense. If we could get both first lines clicking, that would be great. Props to Pricey tonight. Got I pray that he becomes the star we all think he will.

No one here know why Kovy had to go to the hospital?

from rds

"Les réjouissances de Kovalev ont cependant été de courte durée, le Russe prenant immédiatement le chemin de la clinique pour y subir des traitements."

I used to get irritated, but Habs fans are the ones who tried to run Patrick Roy out of town to give Racicot a chance in 1993.

So if people don't want to get excited for a 20 year old goalie, then let them be.

He played really well tonight. Was he spectacular? No, but he won the game and made some big saves in doing it.

We won, I am happy, end of story :D

Spectacular will come, solid is fine for now. I really don't think Price will take as long to develop as many here seem to think he will. I'm betting it'll happen before the season is over, the kid has proven to be a quick study at every level he's played at. Back to back games coming up Saturday/Sunday so Price will get one of the starts, probably Saturday (although I'd be happier to see him get the road start Sunday).

Montreal fans have run more goalies out of town over the years than I care to think about, most prospered in their new homes. The same folks who are being so hard on Price won't even remember Huet's name 2 years from now...welcome to Montreal ^_^

from rds

"Les réjouissances de Kovalev ont cependant été de courte durée, le Russe prenant immédiatement le chemin de la clinique pour y subir des traitements."

He has been playing hurt for a while not practicing, and always with the medical staff after the game.

He is a warrior.

I really hope the Habs clinch a playoff spot before those last 2 weeks so he can have a nice rest.

Excellent. They played a sort of strong game. Good enough for the win. In spite of some deficiencies, their overall play was defensively sound. That kept me encouraged throughout this game when we were trailing. The Panther's really like to clog up every zone and isolate with hits against us for sure.

I was hoping and expecting we might have a breakaway during Vokoun's no goal against streak in this game. I was wrong. It turned out to be a crash, random forechecking in the slot mess that generated the Higgins equalizer.

Good solid effort Habs. :hlogo:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Good game by Price. Higgins continued to show hustle, and Markov played much better. But the reason we win this game is AK27...that goal was all Kovy.

The lack of physicality by the Habs was disappointing tho...can't recall many solid checks in that game. Gonna have to step it up against Philly.

Edited by sbhatt

I told my wife in the first period, "Oh good, the Koivu line is going to score tonight!" So nice to see Koivu and Higgy messin with the defense. If we could get both first lines clicking, that would be great.

Wow...Koivu picks up two assists on goals that barely had anything to do with his touch of the puck...(the first being a scrambled draw, and on the second he just dumped the puck off into the corner where Kovy picked it up and wheeled all over before sniping it)...and now suddenly Koivu/Higgins/XXXX goes back to being the first line again? It's going to take a series of really good games for them to be on equal footing with Kovy/Plex/Kost in my eyes.

Can they drain fluid off of a lip the way they do a knee??? :huh:

He had plenty of room and time. The Panther's made a big mistake backing off him. Give Kovy time like that and you'll get BURNED :clap:

Vokoun was a bit out of position too. I wonder if he was anticipating the spot where Kovy usually shoots? (i.e., top right corner)

He had plenty of room and time. The Panther's made a big mistake backing off him. Give Kovy time like that and you'll get BURNED :clap:

Well if you over pressure him he makes a pass and its a 2-1 down low.

Or he flat out dangles you and snipes.

Edited by JMMR

Give Kovy time like that and you'll get BURNED :clap:

:clap: He is our best player, leading by example night after night. :clap:

I had no doubt that puck was going in from the second he curled off of the boards.

Wow...Koivu picks up two assists on goals that barely had anything to do with his touch of the puck...(the first being a scrambled draw, and on the second he just dumped the puck off into the corner where Kovy picked it up and wheeled all over before sniping it)...and now suddenly Koivu/Higgins/XXXX goes back to being the first line again? It's going to take a series of really good games for them to be on equal footing with Kovy/Plex/Kost in my eyes.

He said 'the first two lines', meaning Plex's line and Koivu's line. He didn't call the Koivu line the first line.

I had no doubt that puck was going in from the second he curled off of the boards.

Yeah, when the puck came to the point I was literally waving at the TV for them to give it back to Kovy. And I was totally expecting that shot to go in, it was weird.

One thing that surprised me was how Carbo would use Brisebois and S. Kostitsyn on the blueline for our second powerplay unit. That's the equivalent of having zero defensemen on the ice.

One thing that surprised me was how Carbo would use Brisebois and S. Kostitsyn on the blueline for our second powerplay unit. That's the equivalent of having zero defensemen on the ice.

S Kosty is going to become a legend on the point somday.