Game Thread | Habs vs. Flyers | 17/02/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know when the NHL dumped the "puck must arrive to the crease before the player" rule? I was on another board pointing this out to Flyers fans (regarding the non-goal) and one poster told me they dumped that rule 10 years ago. I think he's just experiencing sour grapes and made this up. I do not recall that rule being dropped and besides, where's the logic in dumping it? All of my life playing hockey the rule hasn't changed. Why should it in the NHL?

So, it's OK for 3 Flyers to go sit in the crease? It's OK that a point shot scores under these circumstances?

Little help?

Does anyone know when the NHL dumped the "puck must arrive to the crease before the player" rule? I was on another board pointing this out to Flyers fans (regarding the non-goal) and one poster told me they dumped that rule 10 years ago. I think he's just experiencing sour grapes and made this up. I do not recall that rule being dropped and besides, where's the logic in dumping it? All of my life playing hockey the rule hasn't changed. Why should it in the NHL?

So, it's OK for 3 Flyers to go sit in the crease? It's OK that a point shot scores under these circumstances?

Little help?

yeah, they got rid of that rule after l'affair Hull

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Anybody SopCasting this?

:hlogo:

7:00 pm Montreal @ Philadelphia

undefined

If this doesn't do it look here at the schedule listed down a bit.

http://golf.cautela.nl/showthread.php?t=15...ead.php?t=15225

Edited by Habitforming

yeah, they got rid of that rule after l'affair Hull
That's actually different though. That (Hull) was having a skate in the crease while scoring a goal. It was changed to allow a skate or skates in the crease. A player can be in the crease. I'm referring to player A in the oppositions crease (both skates) and player B shooting it into the net. The puck has to arrive first. I can't believe this isn't a rule anymore. Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Going further with my rant. I thought the way it was now is that a player can have a skate in the crease before the puck arrives (similar to straddling the blue line), but just like an offside both skates cannot be in the zone before the puck goes into the zone. Likewise, both skates cannot be in the crease before the puck arrives there. Think of the crease like the blueline in my analogy. Richards had BOTH skates in the crease before the puck even arrived.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Going further with my rant. I thought the way it was now is that a player can have a skate in the crease before the puck arrives (similar to straddling the blue line), but just like an offside both skates cannot be in the zone before the puck goes into the zone. Likewise, both skates cannot be in the crease before the puck arrives there. Think of the crease like the blueline in my analogy. Richards had BOTH skates in the crease before the puck even arrived.

It was called off because it was a bullshit attempt to goon a goal. The stop was made and the Flyers decided they were going

to crash the net and push everybody into the net and hope the puck went in. That is not hockey and that type of goal should

never be allowed.

If it isn't a rule, it should be. We are not talking about a guy being pushed in the net, we are talking about 2 guys trying to

bully the puck over the line. It resembled rugby moreso than hockey. It would have been unjust had it counted.

Philly fans arguing is no surprise. It is a city that embraced a team who won by bending the rules with intimidation,

it is a city that cheered when Michael Irvin almost broke his neck. Who cares what Philadelphia fans think.

smolinski, brisebois and kostopoulos out

streit begin and ryder will play together.

that's fair, especially considering the back-to-back. Interesting to see Smoke get sat after he got a little bit of PP time last game.

Wow, no smokes tonite. Wonder what is up with that. Begin draws in after sitting a few. You know he'll be chomping at the bit. Hopefully his energy is smart with no stupid penalties. No need to stick Breezer into the fire. And well Ryder, anything the Habs get out of him is a bonus. I'm kinda surprised he draws in, but in guess Carbo doesn't want anyone sitting around too much. Rotating the fringe players seems like a good idea to me. Good to see Smokes in that mix now, unless there's some injury we don't know about. He rarely wins a battle and is slow on the ice. Chips isn't up right now, but i'd rather see him centre the 4th line instead of Begin.

Go Habs Go.

I'm stuck at work again, so hopefully you guys will keep me updated!

GO HABS GO!!!

In case you want to use it, they have the best live game tracking at cbssports.com. They say who got the most recent shot, where the next faceoff is, etc.

In case you want to use it, they have the best live game tracking at cbssports.com. They say who got the most recent shot, where the next faceoff is, etc.

That's not going to help him, he's a surgeon..........

Oh right, but while he's performing that breast implant he will be able to read Habsworld :lol:

that's fair, especially considering the back-to-back. Interesting to see Smoke get sat after he got a little bit of PP time last game.

Smolinski has been getting PP time for atleast a couple of weeks now. I'm not sure why.

That's not going to help him, he's a surgeon..........

Oh right, but while he's performing that breast implant he will be able to read Habsworld :lol:

I wish :rolleyes:

Little help?

Did you not watch the Cheezicannes play any games in their "miraculous" Cup run? Especially the Habs series.

I fully agree that its bunk and should be a rule but apparently its not.