Game Thread | Habs vs. Blue Jackets | 23/02/08

Cataclaw

Should be a special night with the retiring of BG number.

Just noticed the 7:30 Est starting time, is that for the game or when the ceremony starts. Just wondering??

Cmon Habs, big 2 points tonite.

nhl.com coverage starts in 15 minutes (5:50 EST).

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn server. :)

Well.. Price has been soft and shakey.

The team has been listless...

Koivu is hooking again and can't shoot a one timer.

Can't score on a 5-3 nor any other PP.

Saturday night, Gainey Ceremony, CBC coverage... loss coming?

Plain ugly, down 2-0 to the Blue Jackets.

Price had a rough start to the game. Definitely shouda had the 2nd goal. Just a horrible goal. Bad defensive coverage by Markov on Peca on the first goal.

I was thinkin right before the Jackets scored that the Habs need to score first otherwise Columbus will go into big defensive mode.

The Habs PP needed to get them back into it. Especially on the 5-3 for over a minute. Maybe get one at the start of the 3rd. They can't get control in the zone. Wasting too much time dumping the puck in and having it iced.

Need a huge 3rd.

I hope Gainey gets a scorer with killer instinct. Kovalev and Markov are our only two players I can trust not to miss open nets. The rest of the team is enforcing that tonight.

The 2nd was better. We should have played that way in the 1st period.

That's a really tight defensive team, though. Coming back is a long shot.

These guys need to buckle down in first periods. You can't really blame Price...even if he hadn't let in that stinker, we'd still be down 1-0.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Plain ugly, down 2-0 to the Blue Jackets.

Price had a rough start to the game. Definitely shouda had the 2nd goal. Just a horrible goal. Bad defensive coverage by Markov on Peca on the first goal.

I was thinkin right before the Jackets scored that the Habs need to score first otherwise Columbus will go into big defensive mode.

The Habs PP needed to get them back into it. Especially on the 5-3 for over a minute. Maybe get one at the start of the 3rd. They can't get control in the zone. Wasting too much time dumping the puck in and having it iced.

Need a huge 3rd.

This is what worries me about this team. Good defensive teams can shut our offense down and in the playoffs you see way more intense defensive play. We really need a clutch scoring Canadian boy. :)

This is what worries me about this team. Good defensive teams can shut our offense down and in the playoffs you see way more intense defensive play. We really need a clutch scoring Canadian boy. :)

Damn rights the Habs need a front-line scorer. The only real question is whether the price will be too high right now, and it may be better to try and sign an UFA come this summer or even next.

On games like this you see the need for one more offensive weapon. But it's the fundamentally shaky defensive play that cost us in the first.