Game Thread | Habs vs. Coyotes | 06/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well our boys showed up for a grand total of about 12 minutes in this game and managed to get the two points. We were lucky!

Well our boys showed up for a grand total of about 12 minutes in this game and managed to get the two points. We were lucky!

Carey Price showed up for the other 48 minutes so it's all good.

:lol:

Also the 4 goals from the Habs were well fought for goals.

If those 4 goals had been scored in the first we wouldn't be saying they played soft tonight. It happened towards the end of the game, but i didn't think they were all that bad. Slow, sloppy, however..

Edited by Cataclaw

another 3-point night for Kovalev...

Kovy moves up to 14th in the league in total points and on pace for 87 pts... wow who'd have imagined?

He's ahead of Heatley, Gaborik, Staal, Jokinen.. and tied with martin st-louis.

Edited by Cataclaw

On a totally unrelated note, Yvon Pedneault sucks as a play-by-play commentator.

Having been the colour commentator for so long, when he does play-by-play he tends to get into such huge detail that he's always a step (and sometimes 3) behind the play. In a quick exchange Pierre will say "Kovalev à Markov - à Kovalev - à Streit - le tir et le BUT!!!" whereas Yvon is still fumbling over Kovalev to Markov and the goal is already scored.

Lol.

I appreciate the man's efforts but poor guy. He needs to stick to colour commentating.

Yeah, that wasn't our greatest effort, but we came through when it counted. That was one hell of a third period.

And Holy Sheet, the lil Teets - Higgins goal was one of the highlights of the year! Similar to that one CH hooked up with Ryder for in Florida, except done at full speed without an inch to spare in the dying minutes of the third. Wow, we have a talented team.

Our top two lines were our best this game, as it should be. Smolinski once again proved himself incapable of contributing. Our D was decent, and despite getting outshot badly I think the scoring chances were pretty even. The Kosty's were skilled and quick, Lapierre was stirring it up (those penalties were more bad luck than bad play), Koivu was crafty. And Kovy, what a man. Who was the last PPG player we had in Montreal?

Phoenix became a bunch of frustrated, slashing betches in the third.

On a totally unrelated note, Yvon Pedneault sucks as a play-by-play commentator.

Having been the colour commentator for so long, when he does play-by-play he tends to get into such huge detail that he's always a step (and sometimes 3) behind the play. In a quick exchange Pierre will say "Kovalev à Markov - à Kovalev - à Streit - le tir et le BUT!!!" whereas Yvon is still fumbling over Kovalev to Markov and the goal is already scored.

Lol.

I appreciate the man's efforts but poor guy. He needs to stick to colour commentating.

Yeah, I was missing Pierre tonight. He's my preferred of the two.

Great goaltending by Pricer to keep us in.

Kovy was a beast all night

Gorges needs a rest.

Holy shit this team is explosive. How do they see those passes, let alone play them perfectly.

Character win even though we were dominated.

Nice to see that Carey can keep us in a game long enough to get our shi.t together. I hope we don't come out this lazily against LA.

Well, Price was the main reason the Habs got 2 points tonite. Nice comeback in the 3rd period. Thanks to the PP. Kovy with another 3 assists. Definitely stole 2 points tonite.

Was i ever annoyed with the Cube tonite. On the 1st Coyotes goal, he was just standing there, kinda screening Price. If he had taken Doan, there would have been no tip. Just a bad clear to set up the 2nd goal, following Ryder's bad giveaway in the Coyotes zone. Why Bouillon does his stupid twirl and then makes a blind pass in beyond me. Games like tonite remind me of why i want Bouillon gone asap. Can't wait for Emelin or Valentenko or McDonaugh to take his place. The sooner the better.

Smokes useless again. Lost the couple a bunch of times and brings almost nothing to the club. He did get an assist on the Markov PP goal, but not sure why he was out there. Maybe as a righthanded shot, but would rather see Ryder there.

Hammy was a beast out there again tonite. Love his physical play.

Poor Dandy, looked pretty rusty in the 8 minutes he played.

Poor reffing again, with the 4 minutes to Laps twice and the nocall on the slash on Pleks.

Well, two more games this weekend, gotta take down the Kings. Wonder if Halak will get his chance then.

standingspf0.jpg

I HAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTEEEEEE Philly with a passion but I hope they or Buffalo get their shit together a little bit. I would be much happier if Washington does not make it in the playoffs they are getting scary.

Nice comeback by Price. Poor Halak when will he get a game? LA?