Game Thread | Habs vs. Coyotes | 06/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Praise or Complain, the one thing we can count on is to be entertained. That one goal that went in on Price should not have happened. Yet, the Habs battled back not caring about the goal and just pushed for the next goal. Scoring seems to be a strength (I know 5 on 5 is not the greatest) as the Habs take advantage of the Power Play. And little Kots goal was excellent!

Go Habs... :hlogo:

Yep think Tampa beats the Devils tomorrow>

I hope so! That would be icing on the cake! C'mon Vinny and Marty...beat up on them devils!

LOL, funny, ... harder shots went in on Huet after brutal give aways right in the slot and he was just a crap goalie who let in bad goals at the wrong time...

Price has been great tonight, but that was terrible.

In any case, time for a go ahead PP goal...

I call Price out on bad goals. I was all over him in the Columbus game, the San Jose game and the Capitals game.

He played the percentage, which he doesn't do 1/10 as much as HuET. He went down early on a screen shot and Michalek made a perfect shot.

If a guy puts one an inch under the bar from that angle, you give it to him and say I don't think you can do it again, as Patrick Roy used to say.

Would he like to have it back? Probably, because he made the wrong choice. But there is no doubt he was screened.

But enough with the Huet garbage. Huet is in a different city right now because guess what, Bob Gainey agreed with me. Not you.

So talk about the Capitals goalie all you want, I will focus on the goalie of the Montreal Canadiens.

A guy who played fantastic last night and stole 2 points again. Interesting how good goalies tend to do that.

Good teams win games like these. Games they were not winning at the beginning of the season. This team is beginning to believe in itself.

They are not waiting for the other shoe to drop anymore. Instead of thinking what are we going to do to lose this one? They are thinking who is going

to make the play and how are we going to win this one?

Edited by Wamsley01

Where did all those Price bashers go? Some people need to relax on the kid. He is 4-1 and has only given more then 2 goals once in the last 5. Goaltending isn't the problem with the team. When the Habs don't show up, they look really bad and hang the goalie out to dry.

I thought Hamrlik and Lats played well, atleast you noticed them. Kovalev had a great 10 minutes as did the team.

I'll assume the team knows they laid an egg and owe the orginization one for the mini vacation. Maybe a practice this morning with no sticks and pucks will do the trick.

I think Halak will get one over the weekend. Hopefully we'll see the good habs team for him .

All in all 2 points is a great thing after playing like they did.

Where did all those Price bashers go? Some people need to relax on the kid. He is 4-1 and has only given more then 2 goals once in the last 5. Goaltending isn't the problem with the team. When the Habs don't show up, they look really bad and hang the goalie out to dry.

I thought Hamrlik and Lats played well, atleast you noticed them. Kovalev had a great 10 minutes as did the team.

I'll assume the team knows they laid an egg and owe the orginization one for the mini vacation. Maybe a practice this morning with no sticks and pucks will do the trick.

I think Halak will get one over the weekend. Hopefully we'll see the good habs team for him .

They come and go. I will gladly take 4 great outings sandwhiched around a stinker from a 20 year old kid.

Well, not a great game for 40 minutes, one bad goal (yes, a bad goal on Price, get used to it he is still young), but in the end Price's early work and our PP bought us 2 points. Kovalev is the heart and soul of this team, I hope he plays that way next year too. :)

I still worry if we are tough enough to get the cup this year. The West is a much tougher conference, but perhaps they will grind themselves down on the way to the cup final. Of course, that is what I thought last year and the Ducks just kept on rolling (over people).

I think our team is going to need to stay injury free to go deep this year. When Pleks was rolling around on the ice our lack of depth up the middle really hit home. I sure was relieved to see him get back up.

Goaltending has not been a real issue for this team all year. Most bad goalie nights go hand in hand with crappy efforts all around. There have not been that many nights were the team is flying and the goalie sucks. A handful all year. There are have been far more games we have won because our goalies have held them in long enough to wake up, much like last night.

If we have any key weaknesses, I would say our defense can still be suspect and team toughness is questionable. We have great special teams, great scoring (could use more secondary for sure), solid goaltending, and something we have not seen in years.. confidence.

Lots of player were scary last night.

Bouillon had a second off night in a row. Unlike in San Jose Gorges saved is *ss.

Hammer was not is usual either, passes were not precise.

Smolinski what can be said??, last play before Sergei goal he intentionally gave the puck

to the opponent in the d zone and went to the bench.

Dandenault prooved why he has a hot chair in the gallery box.

Ryder!! The play where he held to the puck in the offensive zone skated throught the blue line

nad obviously lost the puck. Rule number one for Ryder don't try to control the puck, second go

in front of the net, this is where opportunities of scoring are and third, shoot the hardest you can from

anywhere as soon as you have the puck.

Again and again Kovalev, Plek, Markov and Sergei Kost saved the night.

Anybody else really like it when Plek centers the brothers ??

If those 4 goals had been scored in the first we wouldn't be saying they played soft tonight. It happened towards the end of the game, but i didn't think they were all that bad. Slow, sloppy, however..

I disagree. Even Carbo said after the game. He said that this was one of the(if not THE) worst game of the year...in terms of effort by our boys. They had no jump in the first 40 minutes. We were dominated by the Yotes for most of this game. Luckily Price was in shape last night!

Edited by Habsfan

i think Latendresse needs to spend a couple of weeks in Hamilton. No goals in 15 games, with just 1 assist! The Kid looks lost out there.

Edited by Habsfan

They come and go. I will gladly take 4 great outings sandwhiched around a stinker from a 20 year old kid.

All the Price Bashers are not true Price bashers. At least not me. I want him to do well and yes he's done well in 3 out of 4. I don't care how old he is, some of the stinkers he does let in on a stinky night are (holy shit I'm getting really scared because those stinkers were really bad) Do you see my point?

He could let in 10 goals for all I care,I won't complain. But if they are really bad 10 goals , I will be pissed. I will come and go as Price comes and goes. Hopefully he comes more than he goes. ^_^

I think the boys have lost their edge a bit on this vacation/road trip. They'll get back on track. It's been a long time since we can slip a bit and still move up in the standings.

Did anyone catch the celebration at the end of the game? When everyone crowded around Carey and were rubbing his mask and chest as the goalie stepped out of the crowd laughing and skated away. The phoenix announcers were saying that Price and Hammer went bass fishing yesterday and they both came back with crazy sun burns, so at the end of the game everyone was rubbing Carey really hard. Thought that was pretty funny.

I think the boys have lost their edge a bit on this vacation/road trip. They'll get back on track. It's been a long time since we can slip a bit and still move up in the standings.

Did anyone catch the celebration at the end of the game? When everyone crowded around Carey and were rubbing his mask and chest as the goalie stepped out of the crowd laughing and skated away. The phoenix announcers were saying that Price and Hammer went bass fishing yesterday and they both came back with crazy sun burns, so at the end of the game everyone was rubbing Carey really hard. Thought that was pretty funny.

Yeah, they said he was burnt everywhere except his eyes where his glasses were. I thought that was funny as well.

per team 990, Grabs has flu - got sent back to MTL.

Well, that's good bad news I suppose. At least they weren't ditching him for not putting up a ton of points - gotta give him time to get adjusted to his line mates. Here's hoping he'll be back and ready to go when Montreal returns from their road trip. I liked him on a line with Ryder, and the potential of seeing the three Belarussians is pretty kool too.

Quote from TSN YOUR CALL "To all you hockey experts who predicted the Habs to dwell in the basement, take a long hard look at the standings and lament your own pitiful hockey knowledge and go get yourself a job as weather forecaster." - tsnfan_27

AWESOME :clap:

Quote from TSN YOUR CALL "To all you hockey experts who predicted the Habs to dwell in the basement, take a long hard look at the standings and lament your own pitiful hockey knowledge and go get yourself a job as weather forecaster." - tsnfan_27

AWESOME :clap:

Priceless!

Well, that's good bad news I suppose. At least they weren't ditching him for not putting up a ton of points - gotta give him time to get adjusted to his line mates. Here's hoping he'll be back and ready to go when Montreal returns from their road trip. I liked him on a line with Ryder, and the potential of seeing the three Belarussians is pretty kool too.

Yeah, it's good to hear he wasn't getting benched after his best game in the NHL. Him on our fourth line with Ryder and Streit, as surprised as I was at this strange combination, gave us scary scoring depth.