Game Thread | Habs vs. Sabres | 18/03/08

Cataclaw

Ahhh i switched my videotron subscribtion from extreme high speed back to regular high speed and i just not got back online.. why it took 4 hours i don't know.. give me a little bit to upload the game thread.

Commence discussion!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon to be nice game thread Cataclaw.

I'm not sure what commence means but..................

This seems like it will be a big game for the Habs. If they can win this game and the game vs Toronto they get the division.

Yea, i think it's a must win for the the division title. There playing a team that has there 3rd game in 4 nights. The habs are well rested and should have a little to prove for leaving Price out to dry in the third against the Sens.

The Sabres outplayed the Sens in Ottawa last night. They created tons of chances

and made Ottawa look like a country club. I don't want to see this happen with the habs.

We'll see if they can dominate without being desperate, i would send Bégin right at the start to go

hit a d in their zone.

Go habs go.

Soon to be nice game thread Cataclaw.

This seems like it will be a big game for the Habs. If they can win this game and the game vs Toronto they get the division.

Means exactly what you did.....begin, start, begin coversations, you know like that forward on Montreal "Steve Commence"

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Them Sabres will come out strong. They cannot afford to lose that game or else they might be out of playoff contention.

It'll be a great test for the Habs. its sounds cliché to say it that way but its a playoff game for buffalo.

Hope the boys don't come out flat tonight. We can pretty much lock up the division with a win tonight.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Them Sabres will come out strong. They cannot afford to lose that game or else they might be out of playoff contention.

It'll be a great test for the Habs. its sounds cliché to say it that way but its a playoff game for buffalo.

Right, but at this point of the season, before every single game, you hear about how huge it is. In reality, this is a game of little importance. Buffalo will 90% still finish out of the playoffs and we will 90% still finish 1st in our division regardless of the outcome.

Right, but at this point of the season, before every single game, you hear about how huge it is. In reality, this is a game of little importance. Buffalo will 90% still finish out of the playoffs and we will 90% still finish 1st in our division regardless of the outcome.

Totally disagree with the little importance.

Every game from now till playoffs is extremely important.

We can make the "90%'s" either "95%'s" or "80%'s".

A win will take some pressure off going into the sens game.

Totally disagree with the little importance.

Every game from now till playoffs is extremely important.

We can make the "90%'s" either "95%'s" or "80%'s".

A win will take some pressure off going into the sens game.

If we win, what changes? We sort of pass Pittsburgh until their next game.

If we lose, what changes? Ottawa might get some ground on us, they might not.

I see Ottawa as a team thats in total collapse. I don't think they are going to be able to finish off the season 4-1 or anything like that. So since we've got a pretty safe cushion in points on top of them, we'll have to go something like 2-3 or 1-4 in order for them to pass us. It's unlikely and I just don't see it happening.

Now, obviously we all want to win. But if we lose... who really cares?

It means the same thing in both official languages!

I don't think Buffalo will have much in the gas tank. They won an OT game last night, and I watched some of it, and it was poorly played on both sides. On the other hand, I doubt we'll come out with the biggest effort either,

My prediction: 4-2 win. Goals by Grabovski, Higgins, S. Kostitsyn, Plekanec.

We can't think about losing. This might be the only chance we have in the next few years that we take first place in the conference. Pittsburgh has all the makings of a dynasty, one that could do in the East what Detroit has done in the West. Other teams like Florida and the Caps have great young cores. Buffalo, providing they can hold on to Miller, and keep their great scouting, will likely challenge us next season, as might Ottawa.

Just like our current squad has been so successful because they fear losing, we as fans (on whose shoulders rests the weight of the world) need to demand 7 points in our next five games. Anything less is an embarassment, or particularly, a wasted opportunity.

thats exactly what I meant. It's more about Carbonneau trying to motivate the players and keep them sharp. the players have to find a way to stay focused and be prepared to play desperate opponents.

thats exactly what I meant. It's more about Carbonneau trying to motivate the players and keep them sharp. the players have to find a way to stay focused and be prepared to play desperate opponents.

Yes, the tricky part in these next few games will be resting his players while not getting them rusty. These last few games are good opportunities to split gametime between Grabovski, Begin, Dandenault, Kostopoulos, Smolinski, Lapierre, O'Byrne, Brisebois, Price and Halak (and Gui if he's playing). Or maybe even give Kovalev a rest of that ankle's bothering him. I just don't want Carbo to overdo it and we wind up rusty in the 1st round.

We can't think about losing. This might be the only chance we have in the next few years that we take first place in the conference. Pittsburgh has all the makings of a dynasty, one that could do in the East what Detroit has done in the West. Other teams like Florida and the Caps have great young cores. Buffalo, providing they can hold on to Miller, and keep their great scouting, will likely challenge us next season, as might Ottawa.

Just like our current squad has been so successful because they fear losing, we as fans (on whose shoulders rests the weight of the world) need to demand 7 points in our next five games. Anything less is an embarassment, or particularly, a wasted opportunity.

An embarrassment? No.

And we're right in the group with all the other teams that have bright futures, in fact our case looks the brightest because of our goaltending. Winning 1st in the conference is just symbolic.

Yes, the tricky part in these next few games will be resting his players while not getting them rusty.

I think Carbo should rest his players after we have clinched the division or are very close to doing so (magic #= 1 or 2).

Until then we need to focus on winning and locking home ice, then the NE, then the conf.

I see Ottawa as a team thats in total collapse. I don't think they are going to be able to finish off the season 4-1 or anything like that. So since we've got a pretty safe cushion in points on top of them, we'll have to go something like 2-3 or 1-4 in order for them to pass us. It's unlikely and I just don't see it happening.

Now, obviously we all want to win. But if we lose... who really cares?

Im not even sure how this is an argument. If we win tonight and tomorrow....2 games whioh we should, that is a huge step in getting the division and home ice. If we dont, we are fighting it out with Ottawa. Is the division title and home ice not important??

Komisarek has a hip injury ... stupid NHL decides coaches need to reveal all injuries in full, no more "lower body soreness" vaguery.

And this is a coincidence somehow, when the league's leading hitter and shot-blocker goes out?

Thanks guys. Real super.

CJAD reported it.

And this colour commentator, Sergio Momesso, is awful.

I know he's a sub, but he speaks like a robot.

Also, his accent is annoying.

Immigrants are taking all our jobs.

CJAD reported it.

And this colour commentator, Sergio Momesso, is awful.

I know he's a sub, but he speaks like a robot.

Also, his accent is annoying.

Immigrants are taking all our jobs.

I still have my job. :rolleyes: