Could everyone stop rioting please?!

I sincerely doubt these were real fans. These are assholes looking for trouble and using the crowd as a cover. As has been said before nobody goes to a hockey game with a ski mask in his pocket. Sorry I should have said no FAN. And fromage if you know who some of these jerks are turn them in for God's sake. They are losers of the worst kind and if you just blowing smoke shut up and go away. We as Habs fans do not need this shit in any way shape or form. THANK GOD THE BOYS WON ONE FOR US. :ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, they will.

Let's be real here for a second, the cops have been preparing for this for 15 years. They can't really unload all their arsenal in one swoop. It's not the first time dumb people have behaved in this backwards way and it won't be the last time.

Sure, right now it looks bad for us but this ain't so bad compared to other places in the world. What might be news to us ain't news in places like France were cars are bombed each day or in other places in Europe were fans and cops constantly class against each other at every major soccer game.

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you serious? :huh:

anarchyks8.jpg

I believe in civil disobedience, burning cars and robbing foot lockers just for the sake of it, is not the anarchism I believe in. These kids doing this are not repressed, they are not doing this for political aims, they just did because they could. Doing something because you could to me is not class struggle.

I really doubt that this was fans rioting. We've all seen this before in other cities, it's not unique to Montreal. I'd bet there's a criminal element that waits for a big win, knowing emotions will be high and booze will be flowing...incites a riot and uses it as cover for looting and robbery. I mean come on, some of these guys had ski masks on! How many FANS show up to a playoff game in April with a ski mask in their pocket? Pre-meditated criminal activity in my opinion.

Exactly! That's what the police said. that a few people whith ski masks started all this crap.

Hopefully, the police will be better prepared next time around!

Like I said in another thread. I was at the game last night. After the game, i followed the crowd out onto the streets. I walked around downtown for a little while, and even though the crowd was loud and in a "party" mood, there was no violence. The Real fans were just having fun. The assholes who started all this crap aren't fans. they are probably just a bunch of fvc.ked up Punks, high on acid, looking to get revenge against the police.

There's a long history of bitterness and hatred between various gangs of Punks and the Montreal police (SPVM) in this city!

I hope these assholes spend a few months in jail!

Edited by Habsfan

From another board

you guys should learn to read french instead of talking out of your asses.

this was done by organised groups, ie STREET GANGS.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080422...30/CPACTUALITES

Summary of article for those of you who don't speak French:

The riots last night was the work of "small organized groups" that specifically targeted police forces, Yvan Delorme stated at a Montreal Police Force press conference today.

Sixteen individuals, including three minors, were arrested on charges ranging from mischief to armed assault. There will be more arrests to follow.

The police also requested that individuals that filmed the events come forward and submit as much footage of the looting as they can in order to help identify suspects.

Sixteen police vehicles were damaged, among them five were set on fire, and will cost approximately $500 000 to fix.

Ten stores were looted and one citizen's car was seriously vandalized. The police force's plan will be reevaluated today.

From another board

Summary of article for those of you who don't speak French:

The riots last night was the work of "small organized groups" that specifically targeted police forces, Yvan Delorme stated at a Montreal Police Force press conference today.

Sixteen individuals, including three minors, were arrested on charges ranging from mischief to armed assault. There will be more arrests to follow.

The police also requested that individuals that filmed the events come forward and submit as much footage of the looting as they can in order to help identify suspects.

Sixteen police vehicles were damaged, among them five were set on fire, and will cost approximately $500 000 to fix.

Ten stores were looted and one citizen's car was seriously vandalized. The police force's plan will be reevaluated today.

Dude, no need to be so Harsh!

I was pretty much saying the same thing you were. These were gangs and not regular habs fans who created all this crap!

I don't want to be Mr. Pessimism over here but organizing a store break-in or burning a police cop car doesn't take a genius to do especially in a riot.

You can pretty much imagine the conversation :

Guy #1 -- "Wanna go steal a some shoes?"

Guy #2 -- "Sounds good, I'll throw the rock to break the window and you film it."

Guy #1 -- "Perfect, I'll even upload it on the Youtube."

Edit: What sucks about it is that it takes a couple of clowns to ruin a good thing and next thing you know all Habs fan are painted as maniacs who set cars on fire.

Most were not Habs fans so that's good for us.

What was it like 26 cops cars were damaged enough that they had to be towed. There sure are some idiots out there. It makes no sense why you would want to do that.

Guys, this is the Internet for cryin' out loud.

For all you guys know I could be Bob Gainey and none of you would know if it's true or not.

Anyway, I'm going back to bed where my 3 supermodel girlfriends are waiting for me. Were getting ready for a typical Tuesday night pillow fight.

Cheerio.

Assholes :angry:

But why the hell was Sergie driving on St. Catherines?

You think someone would have told him of a differnent way to the hotel.

Witness claiming to be Sergei Kostitsyn with his Porsche ... after the Game 7 leaving ...

So scary... imagine if we would have lost what would they have done to him? >.<

ewwwwwww!!!!! That's worse than Paris Hilton in Hollywood. I thought they were all in a hotel somewhere, why would they let the players drive home in that mess?

ewwwwwww!!!!! That's worse than Paris Hilton in Hollywood. I thought they were all in a hotel somewhere, why would they let the players drive home in that mess?

I know! Imagine if it were Price, or Kovalev. They would have really gone nuts.

I believe in civil disobedience, burning cars and robbing foot lockers just for the sake of it, is not the anarchism I believe in. These kids doing this are not repressed, they are not doing this for political aims, they just did because they could. Doing something because you could to me is not class struggle.

Don't worry, wasn't that serious. :B)

Anyways, Sergei with a Porsche in his first pro year? Haha, dmd ... :huh:^_^

1 Cool down

2 We can't bandy hasty accusations or suggestions of criminal activity between members, that's serious, and it's a matter for courts not discussion boards

3 HabsWorld naturally echoes the Habs Apr 22, 2008, 4:27 PM EDT press release:

Montreal Canadiens

PRESS RELEASE

MONTREAL – The Montreal Canadiens deeply regret the acts of vandalism and the wrongdoings of a few isolated groups of individuals that took place in the downtown area late Monday night following the Canadiens 5-0 win over the Boston Bruins.

“The Canadiens success in the playoffs brings exhilarating moments and an outpouring of emotions and we are grateful to our fans for their tremendous support. “We wish for celebrations to take place in the traditional spirit of happiness and respect of our sport that brings us together,” said Montreal Canadiens President Pierre Boivin. “We ask our fans to show the same public-spiritedness as they do in the Bell Centre.”

Looking at the posts that were cut from the thread, some were pretty obvious for deletion, some not so obvious, and some in the thread seem like they should have gone too if the others were cut out. It was pretty obvious that the conversation was heading towards a flame thread, so it should have been obvious why the conversation in general was cut short. I'm gonna go through and get rid of the whole conversation since it got off topic and so there's no more bitching about it. This is a message board, not a court room.

As for the thread itself, like I said, all teams have jackass drunken fans.

I can't believe it. WTF were the cops doing?

Pick just one of the little sh*ts and beat the crap out of him, then move to the next you can catch, until all the little sh*ts are scared for their lives. You're the freaking police.

Youth these days are not scared enough.

Have to agree. We need a good Kent State like open fire on the youths to put these punks in their place. Damn hippies. :wacko::rolleyes::unsure::lol:

What pray tell kind of Anarchy would you have? Anarchy is ANarchy, difference is the shop owners would have shot the kids, who would have also had guns and shot back. The police would have not existed, so the city would have probably been set ablaze, burning to the ground as there was no fire department. Now we are forced to play our home games in thier rink, in which the crowd climbed the glass and beat our players to death with clubs.

Nope, I'll settle on a good old Dictatorship any day. But thanks for the offer.

Oh, can I be in charge?

Looking at the posts that were cut from the thread, some were pretty obvious for deletion, some not so obvious, and some in the thread seem like they should have gone too if the others were cut out. It was pretty obvious that the conversation was heading towards a flame thread, so it should have been obvious why the conversation in general was cut short. I'm gonna go through and get rid of the whole conversation since it got off topic and so there's no more bitching about it. This is a message board, not a court room.

As for the thread itself, like I said, all teams have jackass drunken fans.

Perfectly stated an perfectly handled. EXCELLENT job Fanpuck33! :clap:

Anyone notice that Sergei's car had the driver on the right side of the car?! We're seeing more and more of these imported cars from Japan or Australia with the steering wheel on the right side of the car.

I find it weird that he would order a brand new Porsche with the steering wheel on the other side!

Anyone notice that Sergei's car had the driver on the right side of the car?! We're seeing more and more of these imported cars from Japan or Australia with the steering wheel on the right side of the car.

I find it weird that he would order a brand new Porsche with the steering wheel on the other side!

I thought that at first too, but something was screwy with the video. The girl wearing the Price jersey showed with the numbers backwards and many others showed backwards CH crests. Other parts of the video he's on the left side of the car...so I'm guessing either there's a glitch in the video or the poster purposely reversed part of it.