Canadiens well represented on All-Star Fan voting

Dutch_Habs_Fan

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=254787&amp...os=secStory_nhl

Goaltender Carey Price, defencemen Andrei Markov and Mike Komisarek and forwards Saku Koivu, Alex Kovalev and Alex Tanguay are the Canadiens' ballot representation, tying the defending Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings for the most among NHL clubs.

Well good stuff, shows how good our team is. Maybe i would have thought Pleks would be there, but so far it isnt his year yet so maybe that cut him off the list...

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boy Komisa-REX is actually getting votes for the All-Star game??? That's my boy!! You go get'em MIkey! Kill'em all!!!!

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the Habs sweep the starting lineup. There's a way to vote where you text in a team name and it votes for every player on that team. I think Habs fans will be texting their thumbs off.

This is ridiculous.

This is true.

You know Laff fans will make a big deal out of this, when really the players are well deserved of allstar recognition.

You know Laff fans will make a big deal out of this, when really the players are well deserved of allstar recognition.

Koivu captaining the East team.

If what I just said doesn't happen, I'd be very surprised.

Get ready to be surprised. I'm a bleeding Habs fan too, but I'm prepared to admit there are probably a bunch of more qualified individuals, Lecavalier and Crosby being the most obvious choices. Anyways, I think Price and Markov are going to make it without a doubt (especially with Brodeur out) and Kovalev has a good shot just because fans love ot watch him play even if he isn't a major producer, but I don't think Koivu will make it. East has Crosby, Malkin, Lecavalier, Spezza and Staal, so I can pretty much rule out Koivu for you right there. With Komisarek, it will all depend on how much people outside Habs World have started to notice him and being firmly planted inside Habs World, I wouldn't know. Tanguay has been excellent thus far and has a much better shot than Koivu at least, I just don't think he has the star-power to cut it.

Also, on an unrelated note, the Bell centre just called, my Koivu home jersey is ready! Centennial and All Star patches included!

Edited by ForumGhost

The last time the All-Star game was in Montreal, it was 1993. Roy was lit up in the skills competition but the following day allowed 0 goal in the entire 1st period.

I also remember in the pre-game ceremony, Lafleur, Beliveau and the Rocket all paraded the Stanley Cup around the rink, but when they first stepped into the ice, Rocket tripped on the red carpet, fell on the ice with the Cup and made a big dent in it. After they were done going around the rink with the Cup and stopped to pose, Rocket just showed the dent to Beliveau laughing about it.

Hey guys lets get the kid to the All Star Game...Better yet lets get him there as a starter!

Send Price to the 2009 NHL All Star Game

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47038105119

Are you Carey in disguise?

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...-electorale.php

Quote from Price: "I will launch a campaign on Facebook"

I wanna see all 6 players go to the All-Star game. There's no reason why we can't do it. We can vote as many times as we want and it's free! Imagine the starting line-up for the eastern conference: Price in nets, on D: Komo and Markov, and the first line of Koivu, Kovalev and tanguay!!!

I wanna see all 6 players go to the All-Star game. There's no reason why we can't do it. We can vote as many times as we want and it's free! Imagine the starting line-up for the eastern conference: Price in nets, on D: Komo and Markov, and the first line of Koivu, Kovalev and tanguay!!!

With rabid Habs fans anxious about the prospects of a Stanley Cup along with the vibe around the city for the 100 yr celebration, I wouldn't be surprised..

We have seen stranger things...(Like George W. in the White House for 8 yrs..) :wacko: