Habs @ Thrashers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please see Ryder, Michael....

These guys will get decent contracts and in many cases raises regardless and they know it.. you know it too..

they get raises because teams know that players rarely perform up to their potential while playing for montreal...

carbo is going to get fired and more than likely gainey is going to take over behind the bench for the rest of he season... the team isn't paying attention to carbo anymore..

sure i seen higgins in an interview yesterday after the morning skate they had after their crappy performance in buffalo and higgins was smirking and grinning.. he could care less.. i'll never understand why he got to wear an "A" .. what a frustrating team to watch. :wall:

:popcorn:

Higgins has drunk his way out of town.

Komi and Higgins +a minor-league ctr for LeCavalier. Alright, what the hell, throw Plex in the deal. We can replace him through the money saved on Koivu / Kovalev / Laraque buyout.

As much as I like him, surely Carbo is doomed. He has lost the team completely. Jaques, you still enjoying Minnesota? How about another spin at the Wheel of Fortune?

disgusting game

2 games Habs played in Atlanta this year were horrible.

good fight O'Byrne, but picking up a 18 y.o. 4 inches smaller guy is not character

We need something to spark the team. They are playing frustrated and with no confidence. We got blanked by the Thrashers. COME ON

Carbo has never been and never will be a coach. He's got the talent but hasnt developed it...no Wheeler, Krejci, Kessel savard here. What would it cost to bring back the 2009 coach of the year...Claude Julien!!

Carbo has never been and never will be a coach. He's got the talent but hasnt developed it...no Wheeler, Krejci, Kessel savard here. What would it cost to bring back the 2009 coach of the year...Claude Julien!!

roflmfao.jpg

Boy there sure aren't many fans on this band wagon with me. It is the same old fire guy fire bob trade everyone, what a pile of crap and you jerks call yourselves fans? No wonder this forum is dying it get tiresome and boring to listen to all the bullsh1t. They lost they should have won but it didn't work out, so what? What are you all going to do when they start to win again and they will in spite of all the bs about players wanting to lose. Here's a little hint for you NO PLAYER LIKES TO LOSE. But it happens and they will work through this. I laugh at the bring back Julien, when he was fired everybody agreed now he is a genius? give me a break. Last year Carbo is runner up for coach of the year now he has completely lost the room? FORK I AM GLAD THAT BOB IS RUNNING THIS AND NOT SOME OF WHINY IDIOTS ON THIS FORUM. By the way stock up on tape for your ankles. There are a lot of high ankle sprains coming from the jumping on and off this wagon that I sit on.

Boy there sure aren't many fans on this band wagon with me. It is the same old fire guy fire bob trade everyone, what a pile of crap and you jerks call yourselves fans? No wonder this forum is dying it get tiresome and boring to listen to all the bullsh1t. They lost they should have won but it didn't work out, so what? What are you all going to do when they start to win again and they will in spite of all the bs about players wanting to lose. Here's a little hint for you NO PLAYER LIKES TO LOSE. But it happens and they will work through this. I laugh at the bring back Julien, when he was fired everybody agreed now he is a genius? give me a break. Last year Carbo is runner up for coach of the year now he has completely lost the room? FORK I AM GLAD THAT BOB IS RUNNING THIS AND NOT SOME OF WHINY IDIOTS ON THIS FORUM. By the way stock up on tape for your ankles. There are a lot of high ankle sprains coming from the jumping on and off this wagon that I sit on.

I posted the rant below in the Bob Gainey press conference thread the other day. BTW, CLGY just got hosed by Carolina,,, Fing Sutter what an idiot :lol: For those of you without the ability to detect sarcasm that was sarcastic although Alan Maki of the G&M says that Sutter's moves may put the Flames in serious difficulty next season. Ultimately, we wont know who did the right thing until the end of the season at the earliest. Ie., whatever GM wins the Cup is a genius and the rest are idiots. I am personally happy that the future was not compromised for this season 100 or not.

Not to single you out, but I find the general tone of these comments depressing. Someone said negativity was a reason Habs fans are hated... hell, I'm starting to dislike most of you and I know nothing about any of you about except all of this #&**@ ranting and calling for Bob's head. At least wait for for a few games before you pass judgement on Bob's planning and ability. If we go far in the playoffs, most of you will be calling him a genius. If we go out in the first round you can flame me, BG and GC for all you are worth but this endless flip flopping is asinine.

Did no one else see the comment on TSN where opposition players were happy that Jokinen were traded to CLGY because he is " a cancer in the room"? Does no one else wonder why Bob had " no interest" ?

And... the general usual opinion expressed on this board is that McGuire, Dreger, et al are useless... in fact, I am one of the few that think PMcGuire usually has some idea what he is talking about--- now many of you seem to agree with him and them unreservedley.

@**&!)@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make up your minds! A great many of you sound like Leaf trolls in disguise :puke:

I just wanna add! and i hate the fact that the |RDS commentators dont realize this!!! that the high sticking penalty on Kovalev was a FAKE the thrasher player pretended to get hit by the stick (more than one EURO futbol type of play done repeatedly at this game) and Kovy got penalized I say the NHL should look into that play and penalize the thrasher player should get suspended!!!

IM gonna complain on RDS as well!!

Amen brother!

On the bright side, we got to see the Price we know and love!

After reading crap post after crap post from "fans" calling for any or everyones head, there is no wonder the Game Day threads have the same 5 morons posting all the time, while most people tend to avoid them because of it.

90% of the posts in this thread make me sick :puke:

Edited by Habitforming

Let's hope the players turn it around soon. It would be an embarassment not to make the playoffs in the centennial year. We need Sergei back. We need no Stewart, Brisebois, Dandenault.

After reading crap post after crap post from "fans" calling for any or everyones head, there is no wonder the Game Day threads have the same 5 morons posting all the time, while most people tend to avoid them because of it.

90% of the posts in this thread make me sick :puke:

You read it?

I came home from work when there was a minute left in the 3rd. When I saw the Habs were losing 1-0, I could just imagined how this game thread would be. I didnt even bother reading it.

The habs are bipolar so are their fans.

Love him for a win hate them for a lost.

This season is NOT over, so before saying things that i may look like

a dunk of 110% or CKAC i should shutup from now on and let the remaining

games talk for themselves, hope for the best enjoy a beer while watching an

entaining toller coaster ride

Different opinions doesnt mean you are right and we are wrong. I think this team isnt any better than the bottom-5 of the conferance and we are heading there quickly. A coach-change could be all that is needed to spark the team to the potential they have and Im for trying that. Its nothing about how good/bad Carbo is, its all about getting the team going. I want Gainey to do something to spark the team, if he feels that something else could work then do it. Maybe taking the C away from Saku and let noone wear it until someone proves they deserve it would work. Let Saku, Kovy, Lapierre and Komi wear A's.

Different opinions doesnt mean you are right and we are wrong. I think this team isnt any better than the bottom-5 of the conferance and we are heading there quickly. A coach-change could be all that is needed to spark the team to the potential they have and Im for trying that. Its nothing about how good/bad Carbo is, its all about getting the team going.

Not a solution. Especially not with the chance to change the face of team this summer with all the UFAs.

If the vets can't pull the team out of the gutter; they are the ones that needs to go. Coaches have done everything to shake them up. Now it's on the players' head.

Not a solution. Especially not with the chance to change the face of team this summer with all the UFAs.

If the vets can't pull the team out of the gutter; they are the ones that needs to go. Coaches have done everything to shake them up. Now it's on the players' head.

Agreed. I didn't see Carbo out there floating around, passing instead of shooting, or failing to make simple passes. I didn't see an execution issue, I saw an effort issue.

I am firmly convinced that if you replace Koivu with Brindamour, this team would have at least 10 more points. I don't consider Carbo the best coach in the league by any means, but our issues seem to be the same issues we see every other year.. ie.. we change the coach, we get a short term benefit. Why is that? I think it is because this team's core are too soft and don't work hard enough. The young kids learn from this example and start regressing.

As for people who didn't watch the game but bash the thread, well.. watch the game live and see if you don't need to vent. This game was brutal with the exception of Price building his confidence as the game went on. Other then that, it was just brutal.

I am firmly convinced that if you replace Koivu with Brindamour, this team would have at least 10 more points.

And with Gainey as coach, we're 20 points higher.

And with Gainey as coach, we're 20 points higher.

And with Joe Pesci as coach...

One can dream, can't he?

I posted the rant below in the Bob Gainey press conference thread the other day. BTW, CLGY just got hosed by Carolina,,, Fing Sutter what an idiot :lol: For those of you without the ability to detect sarcasm that was sarcastic although Alan Maki of the G&M says that Sutter's moves may put the Flames in serious difficulty next season. Ultimately, we wont know who did the right thing until the end of the season at the earliest. Ie., whatever GM wins the Cup is a genius and the rest are idiots. I am personally happy that the future was not compromised for this season 100 or not.

+1

Everything is extremes.

I'm not anti-Carbo by any means. I would much, much rather they turfed a large part of the team and kept him. However, I had just watched the Atlanta game, and the apathetic play was the lowest point in a long time, especially considering the opposition - who in fairness, did not play very well themselves.

My point was more about Carbo seeming to have 'lost the room' than anything else. I don't know, did it look to anyone like that was a team enthused to play? Did it look like a one-off, especially considering the fantastic performance (yes, the first 15 minutes) against Buffalo previously? The question that kept running through my head was, 'What does Carbo do now?' The trade deadline has passed, we are now 2 points out of 10th place.

I think Wamsley noted recently that the team lacks identity. This has been brought up many times by different posters. Who forges the identity of a team? Maybe we slide and, whatever happens, toss a large number of vets aside this summer and start again. I don't know, but watching the game made me dizzy.

I think Wamsley noted recently that the team lacks identity. This has been brought up many times by different posters. Who forges the identity of a team? Maybe we slide and, whatever happens, toss a large number of vets aside this summer and start again. I don't know, but watching the game made me dizzy.

WAY TO MUCH LINE JUGGLING!!!!!!!! To find an identity you need to find something that works so you can stick to it and that becomes your identity. These guys are playing with someone new every night, hard to find a rhythm doing that let alone an identity.

Injuries, slumps, Kovalev searching for himself, Komi getting his butt kicked by Lucic, Laraque policing with no passion, Dandy not sure what position he plays, Plex playing like a little girl, Carey Price playing like crap, fans ballot stuffing...... and the high expectations in our 100th birthday is just the tip of the iceberg as far as what caused the big downward spiral.

There is no unity on the team either. That's what happens when you leave half the team unsigned. Nobody feels safe. Maybe Gainey planned it that way, that if the team wasn't the one to make a cup run by this year it would be easy to blow up. Kudos to him on that one, but I don't think he realized how much it would play into the teams heads.

I think that plan blew up in Gainey's face. It makes total sense but Now what?

With all that said, and all the complaining we've been doing watch us put it together last minute and win the Cup. Only the Habs would be capable of something like that.

WAY TO MUCH LINE JUGGLING!!!!!!!! To find an identity you need to find something that works so you can stick to it and that becomes your identity. These guys are playing with someone new every night, hard to find a rhythm doing that let alone an identity.

Injuries, slumps, Kovalev searching for himself, Komi getting his butt kicked by Lucic, Laraque policing with no passion, Dandy not sure what position he plays, Plex playing like a little girl, Carey Price playing like crap, fans ballot stuffing...... and the high expectations in our 100th birthday is just the tip of the iceberg as far as what caused the big downward spiral.

There is no unity on the team either. That's what happens when you leave half the team unsigned. Nobody feels safe. Maybe Gainey planned it that way, that if the team wasn't the one to make a cup run by this year it would be easy to blow up. Kudos to him on that one, but I don't think he realized how much it would play into the teams heads.

I think that plan blew up in Gainey's face. It makes total sense but Now what?

With all that said, and all the complaining we've been doing watch us put it together last minute and win the Cup. Only the Habs would be capable of something like that.

I agree with a lot of what you say injuries 100 years etc but if you heard bob the other day the season is over admin wise and he can now concentrate on those contracts on his desk. As to the theory that a bunch of millionaires are unable to get their head around the idea that they should do their job is somewhat ridiculous. A) they are going to have a job next year somewhere and probably for more than they are making now. B) How much more is really affected by how they play this year so if I was one of those millionaires I would get my head out of my a$$ and play for THE MONEY. The only way that Bobs strategy could fail is if these a$$holes played like gangbusters won the cup and all went and signed somewhere else for big bucks. I would say that Bob said show me and they went HUH? They need to prove they are worth more money not the other way around, lets try and keep the horse in front of the cart.