Montreal @ Dallas | American Airlines Center. Dallas, Texas | 6:00 PM ET

KoZed

I know some will not like what Stewart did, I loved it, he stood up for his teamate, in Saku. The team overall seemed very pissed, and I loved their attitude.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how Price looks better when the Habs decide they will sit back and try to prevent

goals. He didn't exactly have to make a ton of great saves, same with Atlanta.

The Buffalo game he was hung out to dry. Nothing in that game can be hung on him.

Props to Stewart for saying enough is enough with Ott's BS sideshow.

Props to Stewart for saying enough is enough with Ott's BS sideshow.

Stewart's turning into a very solid fourth liner in the mould of Kostopoulos. He makes losing Begin (and Dandy at the end of the year) very easy to stomach.

I here by declare that Ott's new nickname is turtleman!

Broken hand turtleman? ^_^

Ya, his hand is in a cast. Ott most likely would have been suspended had he thrown a punch, just like Souray was a few years ago when his hand was broken and he had that brace on.

I'm glad Stewart went after Ott but thats because Stewart can get instigator penalties because he is a rookie. BGL isnt a rookie and has had enough instigators that if he gets anymore he will have long suspension. BGL is out now anyways, but thats why he wasnt just beating on people like Stewart did tonight.

Stewart's turning into a very solid fourth liner in the mould of Kostopoulos. He makes losing Begin (and Dandy at the end of the year) very easy to stomach.

He plays with a controlled hunger and takes no BS from anybody.

Accountability, Ott needs a bigtime ass whipping. Cherry needs to stop attacking Ovechkin

and pay attention to good ol Canadian idiots like Steve Ott.

Broken hand turtleman? ^_^

Ya, his hand is in a cast. Ott most likely would have been suspended had he thrown a punch, just like Souray was a few years ago when his hand was broken and he had that brace on.

I'm glad Stewart went after Ott but thats because Stewart can get instigator penalties because he is a rookie. BGL isnt a rookie and has had enough instigators that if he gets anymore he will have long suspension. BGL is out now anyways, but thats why he wasnt just beating on people like Stewart did tonight.

I understand the instigator argument, but all Laraque has to do is dummy a guy once and

it will put the fear of god into would be idiots like Ott.

As for the instigator:

A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation for the third time or the aggressor for the third time in one Regular Season shall be suspended for the next two Regular Season games of his Team. For the fourth instigator penalty or fourth aggressor penalty in the same Regular Season, the player will be suspended for the next four games of his Team. For the fifth instigator penalty or fifth aggressor penalty in the same Regular Season, the player will be suspended for the next six games of his Team.

Laraque would need to do it THREE TIMES each season before he got suspended. Has he done it even once?

This is just an excuse. He could have jumped Lucic and dummied him free of charge. But he lives by

the code, and players use it against him. Same thing when Sauer smoked Kostitsyn, he could have

charged in and started pummeling him, like Stewart tonight. Two incidents that required a beat down

and he would not have been suspended yet. Why save them up to never use them?

Losing one game because of an action is fine if it avoids players taking liberties for the next 81 games.

:clap: :clap: to Gregory Stewart tonight.

PROS: Higgins scored his 2nd goal in the last 15 games! At that pace he might reach 10 goals before the end of the season!!! Weeeeeeee!!!

and he did it NOT playing with Koivu...

didn'T see the game but I've heard that carey price playd great the last two games.

I liked the lines combinations.

they seem to show more grit..all good !!

Cons:

coaching staff is still the same.

Pros :

Price

Stewart

Kost

Gorges

Plekanec

Cons :

Komi

He must be injured!?!?! I refuse to believe that komisarek has become such a lousy d-man in the span of a couple of months. the guy is hiding an injury and won't say what it is to the media.

I just hope he'll be able to bounce back next year!

I always maintained Kostitsyn should be playing with Koivu. Tanguay just completes it. Another two I think should be paired up and kept together is Pleks and Higgins. They've had great chemistry together even since Higgins broke out a couple years ago.

I always maintained Kostitsyn should be playing with Koivu. Tanguay just completes it. Another two I think should be paired up and kept together is Pleks and Higgins. They've had great chemistry together even since Higgins broke out a couple years ago.

Higgins-Plekanec-Kovalev?

Plex has good chemistry with three players in particular: Kovalev, A Kostitsyn, and Higgins. Higgins and Plex haven't been paired together for a while, but A Kostitsyn and Kovalev have no chemistry whatsoever.

That being said, I wouldn't mess with the current arrangement at all. It's something to think about when Guillaume comes back, though.

Heck, maybe it's too bad Plekanec and Ryder never were paired together. Plex seems like the tonic for a lot of inconsistent guys.

I think Pacioretty's size as won over Higgins'.

I fact when guillaume comes back, maybe a line with higgins Lapierre and gui could do harm while still being reliable defensively.

I think Pacioretty's size as won over Higgins'.

I fact when guillaume comes back, maybe a line with higgins Lapierre and gui could do harm while still being reliable defensively.

+ 1

I don't think we should see Higgins on top 2 lines again when Tanguay, Kostitsyn, Kovalev and Pac are healthy.

Positive: The Lines..

AK on the right side, with Koivu and a good leftwinger.

Keep the two top lines like this and create some chemistry. Dont mess em up after 3 defeats!

I seriously hope Kost will never go to the LW ever again...

BTW, it's a good combo, cause Tanguay doesn't like RW all that much...

It might have been the problem with Samsonov when he came here, seriously, I dont want to find this jerk some excuses... but he was playing on his offwing.

and he did it NOT playing with Koivu...

didn'T see the game but I've heard that carey price playd great the last two games.

I liked the lines combinations.

they seem to show more grit..all good !!

Cons:

coaching staff is still the same.

1. yes, and he was extremely on his game.. pretty confident. There wasn't so much shot cause he was way out of his crease and always knew where the puck was... so less rebounds (unlike Rebound-Jaro)

2. leave it to rest!!! just go read RDS.

actually, here is the link and the quote :

"J'entendais l'autre jour des gens qui souhaitent le départ de Carbonneau. Mais il est important de maintenir une certaine stabilité derrière le banc. A Dallas, Dave Tippett est ici depuis des années. Il faudrait que Carbonneau puisse travailler encore une couple d'années", a ajouté Ribeiro, qui s'est présenté à l'aréna coiffé d'une casquette harmonisée avec sa cravate et d'un diamant accroché à une oreille."

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/270785.html

Carbo might be responsible for Ribeiro's departure, we'll never know... but EVEN Ribs attests that Carbo and the team should be given STABILITY.

If a new coach comes here, we might as well start another rebuild man. clean the house.

He must be injured!?!?! I refuse to believe that komisarek has become such a lousy d-man in the span of a couple of months. the guy is hiding an injury and won't say what it is to the media.

I just hope he'll be able to bounce back next year!

the way he's playing, I'd prefer to have Dandy have his spot and Komi rests until he's back in full form. he REALLY is lousy.

Gorges looks like a frikkin superstar compared to Komi. (we must sign Gorges to an extension before he's able to ask for 4-5M a season!)

yes, and as I was saying in many other threads, they should be our 3rd line "shutout" guys. They are really good offensively, so that'd be a 3rd line with offensive kick... Moreover we wouldn't rely on them offensively as we actually do... and they are not consistent enough to allow us to rely on them, particularly Higgins... and we'd get some surprise breakaways (they always used to do that in AHL). Moreover #2, their defensive game is not so acute when they are in an offensive role... they are waiting for offensive opportunity instead of backchecking hard... but they are supergood checkers when they concentrate on that function (see Plekanec's superhero performance on the 3-5 for 3.5 minutes yesterday!)

Those guys should be our building block combo on the 3rd line. They'd be our Madden & Pandolfo for years.