Mar. 31/09 | Chicago vs. Montréal | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wished they would stop chanting Huet..that guy did great things for this team.. save the jeers for idiots, not just every old player on the team..... wish they had more class these days...

I'm betting 5 bucks that IF Higgins-Plekanec-Kostitsyn end up playing together, they'll score.

That line was awesome during the stretch run in 2007

I wished they would stop chanting Huet..that guy did great things for this team.. save the jeers for idiots, not just every old player on the team..... wish they had more class these days...

Agreed. Huet doesnT' deerve this ...then again, the Fans know that if they keep harassing an opponent, it might get them off their game!! The fans are the 7th player on the ice!!Anythign to help the team win the game!

WOOOOOOOOO Habs 3-0 lead. Should be able to bank the 2 points.

Price is playing awesome, as Chicago has had some really good chances. Nice to see the Habs creating some good offense. Have to admit that Higgins has been playing some great hockey lately. Seems to be flourishing in the checking role.

Great to see the fire in Andre K when SK go nailed. Not much of a fighter, but nice to see the grit.

Go Habs Go.

Nice to see the difference in the defensive game. Takes time to change (or implement) a system, and it's a fairly major difference in my eyes. Not so much in giving up the blueline, which I continue to disagree with, rather their in-zone coverage and containment is *significantly* better than it has been. Add to that 20 players (well, minus the backup and all the injuries etc) putting out fully each shift and you have a successful system. It'd be great to get some secondary scoring, but one step at a time, Montreal looks like it's FINALLY learned some real defensive coverage.

Carbo who?

Nice to see the difference in the defensive game. Takes time to change (or implement) a system, and it's a fairly major difference in my eyes. Not so much in giving up the blueline, which I continue to disagree with, rather their in-zone coverage and containment is *significantly* better than it has been. Add to that 20 players (well, minus the backup and all the injuries etc) putting out fully each shift and you have a successful system. It'd be great to get some secondary scoring, but one step at a time, Montreal looks like it's FINALLY learned some real defensive coverage.

Carbo who?

:clap:

Carbo had no system, that's why I was overjoyed when he was canned.

Carbo who?

Zone coverage only looks better because the forwards arent floating around the blue line anymore and the defensemen skate harder. The rest is the same. Price pulled some big saves that would have been goals a month ago and he also had some lucky breaks.

They're playing with urgency, that's the only real difference maker.

Zone coverage only looks better because the forwards arent floating around the blue line anymore and the defensemen skate harder. The rest is the same. Price pulled some big saves that would have been goals a month ago and he also had some lucky breaks.

They're playing with urgency, that's the only real difference maker.

+1

As soon as we win, we have a system. If that is true, the system is simple.. the team is playing harder because they are embarrassed and Gainey put all our top players on one line and PP unit to score. Add Price playing better and at .500 record, Gainey is a tactical genius. :lol:

It doesn't really matter to me anymore. We are not going deep anyway and Gainey's real work will be this summer as he cleans house and hopefully brings in some players with some jam to go with their skill...

Let's hope they keep attacking in the 3rd....I hate it when they try to go into a shell to protect a lead.

Yeah, a three goal lead seems like a lot, but not if you don't show up in the third...

And Hammer is injured... crap

+1

As soon as we win, we have a system. If that is true, the system is simple.. the team is playing harder because they are embarrassed and Gainey put all our top players on one line and PP unit to score. Add Price playing better and at .500 record, Gainey is a tactical genius. :lol:

It doesn't really matter to me anymore. We are not going deep anyway and Gainey's real work will be this summer as he cleans house and hopefully brings in some players with some jam to go with their skill...

We'll go as far as Tanguay, Kovy and the goalies carries us. They're the 3 things + Higgins that are working right now that werent under Carbo and they're making the difference. The rest is the exact same.