Mar. 31/09 | Chicago vs. Montréal | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Lapierre Latendresse Brisebois Kotso outstanding, Higgins looked like two years ago Higgins, liked what AK did but he was invisible the rest of the night. One of the few times they looked like a TEAM. Komi And Price finding their game. Will Komisarek hit the net with a shot before the season ends? What is the word on Boullion?

2nd line trumps 4th line. If Higgins - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn develop some chemistry, you go back to the revolving door on the 4th till you find something else that works like Higgins - Metropolit - Dandenault did.

S. Kost, D'Agostini, Laraque, Stewart... Only Kostitsyn and Stewart are natural LWers I think.

2nd line trumps 4th line. If Higgins - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn develop some chemistry, you go back to the revolving door on the 4th till you find something else that works like Higgins - Metropolit - Dandenault did.

S. Kost, D'Agostini, Laraque, Stewart... Only Kostitsyn and Stewart are natural LWers I think.

Yep... I'd tend to go with Stewart.

Liked it, more efficiency, Price making the big saves. Didn't like the third so much, not that we were bad defensively, but the utter lack of interest going forward over their blueline.

I thought Higgins on the 4th was too low, but it did him wonders, and would think that he's got the inside track for the second line now, S Kost on the third with Lapierre and Latendresse (the most consistent players, period to period, for a while now), Kosto where he belongs on the fourth line. What is nice is that now Higgins knows Bob has no compunction dropping him to the 4th line.

Dandy stepping in on a big penalty kill in the third - as a d-man - was huge.

The toughest stretch now, Panthers looking like they might win out!

Glad to see the boys playing like they actually want to make the playoffs... and looking like they deserve to be there.

Any word on the injuries to Hammer or Sergei?

:lol: Actually, that was called as a minor penalty to Toews for goalie interference :D

The Refing was :puke:

Not entirely correct. I think the penalty was for kicking Price's stick away from him that Price dropped while punching a player in the back.

But yeah, not the best showcasing of referee talent.

Not entirely correct. I think the penalty was for kicking Price's stick away from him that Price dropped while punching a player in the back.

But yeah, not the best showcasing of referee talent.

I know, i'm making fun of Pierre and Benoit on RDS. Sharp was called for interference on the same sequence and Pierre and Benoit were laughing at this play...

1. They give the zone

2. They don't hit along the board

3. The space between the dmen and the forwards is amazing

Correct 2 of these 3 things and we make the playoffs easily.

So, how is this going ??

I'd say a better handle on #3, but that is from tv feeds, not live.

#2 is improving, slowly, some guys and forwards now getting to their man, getting to the puck first, instead of watching and waiting.

#1 still a nightmare. Too easy.

Liked it, more efficiency, Price making the big saves. Didn't like the third so much, not that we were bad defensively, but the utter lack of interest going forward over their blueline.

I thought Higgins on the 4th was too low, but it did him wonders, and would think that he's got the inside track for the second line now, S Kost on the third with Lapierre and Latendresse (the most consistent players, period to period, for a while now), Kosto where he belongs on the fourth line. What is nice is that now Higgins knows Bob has no compunction dropping him to the 4th line.

Dandy stepping in on a big penalty kill in the third - as a d-man - was huge.

The toughest stretch now, Panthers looking like they might win out!

The Panthers aren't going to win out any more than the Habs will. Why is everything extremes?

A word on the wo injuries.

Ok Sergei was what 4 feet away from the puck. He did not positionned himself to receive a hit he didn't expect it

because he was not in puck possession or even near it. So for me it was a cheap shot. Obviously it was severe enough

to pull him of the entire game and there was no concussion, i'd go with the shoulder.

Hammer injury is tougher to say i'd say something like the ribs hopefully not the same injury than Bouillon. He had hard time to

breathe so it must been that.

Crossing fingers for Hammer, hoping the best for Sergei but he is more repleacable than a top three defensemen.

Short term replacement

Sergei replaced by Higgins...

If si Higgins absolutely has to play the same role the same way that he does on the fourth line. What i mean by that ?

He should not care about passing the puck, use his speed, should shoot blindly to the net and use his speed, while playing good defense.

The way he usually play on a top two line is trying to play fancy and plays perimeter in order to position himself to miss

a scoring opportunity, get caugh to high in the zone and does not come back in time.

I haven't seen that team in months. Probably the best overall game in a few months. The third was a little shakey again.

I wouldn't worry about what # line some one plays on, Higgins role is on the shut down line and he is using his speed to create things, this is the exact role he should be playing, he isn't a naturally gifted scorer.

The defense actually looked like an NHL defense for most of the game. The maybe only had 15-20 turnovers. Which is good for them. Kovalev had about 10 by himself.

The work ethic and team play has been getting better as of late. We'll see how they do the rest of the week, Islanders and Leafs for what ever reason (laziness) give the habs problems.

Price and Higgins were excellent.

Great game by the habs for most of the game. They were a little less aggressive in the 3rd period, and Chicago spent most of the 3rd in our zone, but Carey was good last night, and it showed.

I hope we can keep this aggressive forecheck up in NY and toronto this week-end!

Edited by Habsfan

What? I thought we had the best fanbase in the world!

I guess my old thread about booing doesn't apply, since technically, they didn't "boo" him. Ha! Those are our extremely knowledgeable sophisticated fans! Wee.