April 16th, 2009 | Canadiens @ Bruins | Game 1 Thread

Cataclaw

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope for a good start and lots of shots on Thomas.

like scoring 10 seconds into the game like last year !!

An early PPG would really take the crowd out of the game, either that or a fast-break 3on2 goal from the Lats/Laps line, something to calm the Garden down as soon as possible.

An early PPG would really take the crowd out of the game, either that or a fast-break 3on2 goal from the Lats/Laps line, something to calm the Garden down as soon as possible.

How about a long shot from centre ice? That'd be awesome.

Habs need to survive the inevitable Bruins assault in the first 10 minutes or so. The scenario whereby I can see the Habs winning is one in which they play really well defensively, really right as a team, and withstand the Prunes' early drive...then begin to establish that they can match them shift for shift. If we can do these thing, we can win this game. The important thing is not to cave in early.

Habs need to survive the inevitable Bruins assault in the first 10 minutes or so. The scenario whereby I can see the Habs winning is one in which they play really well defensively, really right as a team, and withstand the Prunes' early drive...then begin to establish that they can match them shift for shift. If we can do these thing, we can win this game. The important thing is not to cave in early.

Good call Cucumber. It will take a solid effort, right out of the gate which must be sustained throughout. But the first 10 minutes will be critical to set the tone, not have the tone set for them.

It will be interesting to see if the refs call the game like last nights contests, which was much more like regular season than in playoffs past i.e. putting the whistles away. If so, perhaps we can get the PP going early.

I am not pleased that Bob chose Patrice over Weber, mostly due to the fact that Weber played two good games and hit the net with his shots, something Patrice has struggled with all year.

I guess we'll see soon enough. Is it game time yet???

Go Habs!

Edited by The Saint

Game thread updated with latest information on who's playing tonight and added some new stats. I have more content planned for game 2.

GO HABS GO

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I'm calling this one 3-0 after the first period, final score 4-2 Habs.

How about a long shot from centre ice? That'd be awesome.

if Thomas decides to play like Lcoutier then we have a chance to sweep !!!

Game thread updated - i made some design changes, incorporated the lines into the players list. Info should be accurate, i checked the latest news. If something's wrong let me know! You might need to refresh the images to see the changes.

T MINUS 4 HOURS 20 MINUTES

Excitement

Is

Rising

Edited by Cataclaw

4 hours before game time, and I'm a nervous wreck!!!

Score early boys. Take out the crowd!

Why nervous? There is nothing to lose.

The aim is a split, if they lose tonight they can still attain the goal on Sat. There is no pressure as the underdog

and that is the biggest benefit. Think back to how nerve wracking Game 2 was last season, and think of who

will feel the heat should the game be 3-3 in the 3rd tonight.

The Bruins have ONE option to feel good about themselves, a blowout. The Habs goal is to compete and

have a chance to win in the third. Then they will build confidence, just like they built a little confidence last Thursday.

I am not nervous in anyway, last season I was so worked up before the game I could hardly contain my emotion.

Nothing to lose, so much to gain.

Edited by Wamsley01