[Game Thread] New York Rangers @ MONTREAL CANADIENS

KoZed

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the end of the game and the overtime but Pleks looked good. The Cammalleri OT goal was GREAT. Couldnt sit still in the sofa when he scored that.

Will anybody tell me what Gaborik was doing on that play? Do you think that Cammelleri could have a shot at the goal if Mark Messier, Wayne Gretzky or Crosby had been his checker? What a lousy play by Gaborik; he was a spectator. Yes, he was a successfull loafer on his goal, but you have seen in overtime why Jacques Lemaire was critical of this player in Minnesota.

Make no mistakes, Cammelleri deserves all the credit. What a feisty little player! But Gaborik, no, the Rangers won't win with that kind of players.

Starting with their head coach, down to their defense, the Blue Shirts are over-rated right now.

Having the big shot for the PP is key, and i am willing to accept some defensive blunders from Berg, just hope not too many end up in the back of the net.

3-0 with him in the lineup.

I am not too concerned with Bergeron defensive play, for now. First of all, he did not have a training camp and is behind the others in his learning curve of Martin's system. Secondly, this is a new bunch of players and, obviously, he has to get comfortable playing with them; for that, he has to play at least 10 games, just to learn their limits and abilities.

Of course, if Bergeron still makes the same bad defensive plays in December, my opinion will be different. For now, I just say, let's be patient.

Having the big shot for the PP is key, and i am willing to accept some defensive blunders from Berg, just hope not too many end up in the back of the net.

3-0 with him in the lineup.

Also 3-0 with my Game Threads and JoeLass' Yvonne pic.

:clap: :hlogo:

Regarding Kostitsyn: he might look invisible out there or still make the odd pass, but his play without the puck is improving, which often goes unnoticed to fans but coaches appreciate... and he's using his body for the first time in his career!!!

Baby steps, baby steps.

??

Kosty's always been a physical player. He's more of a physical force than Latendresse is. :unsure:

Great game by the boys last night(Except for the last 10 minutes of the 1st period)! What a comeback to get the 2 points. Obviously, Cammalleri was awesome, Gomez and Gionta were great.

The Chipchura line played their best game of the year...You could Tell Martin was pleased with their play cause they were on the ice for the final minutes of the 3rd period...in a tie game!! Keep up the good work.

One player i'm not very pleased with is Spacek. He's making too many mistakes! Mara on the other hand is a solid d-man. I love what he brings to the team...and even Gill seems to be playing a decent game(over the past 3 games).

I think Price will get the start on Monday against the Islanders, you can't let him sit for too long.

??

Kosty's always been a physical player. He's more of a physical force than Latendresse is. :unsure:

:lol::lol::lol:

Kosty is strong and solid for his size, granted. But he most def never ever was a player who tried to use his physical strength on a constant basis. Saying he's more of a physical force as Lats is just like saying Paul Coffey was a more physical force than Scott Stevens.

Regarding Kostitsyn: he might look invisible out there or still make the odd pass, but his play without the puck is improving, which often goes unnoticed to fans but coaches appreciate... and he's using his body for the first time in his career!!!

Baby steps, baby steps.

Andrei has used his body before. He got beat up for it once. His comment after the one-sided fight was something like, "Big deal - he beat up Andrei Kostitsyn." (I found that quite humorous at the time.)

The defense is the shaky part of this team, definitely, but they haven't played half bad. The recent shots against totals suggest Martin's puck possession strategy is starting to take hold, which is great news. And consider how well it's gone in the last few games (including the last couple of losses), and no remember that our best defenseman is still 3 months away. He'll be an incredible boost to this team.

Go :hlogo: Go!

The only caveat I'd add to this is that Markov rebounds slowly when he comes back from an injury. It takes him awhile to get his game back.

The only caveat I'd add to this is that Markov rebounds slowly when he comes back from an injury. It takes him awhile to get his game back.

True. I believe Markov will return around the 55th or 60th game, meaning he has a solid 20 games to get ready for the playoffs. Unless we desperately depend on him to take us there, which hopefully isn't the case.

:lol::lol::lol:

Kosty is strong and solid for his size, granted. But he most def never ever was a player who tried to use his physical strength on a constant basis. Saying he's more of a physical force as Lats is just like saying Paul Coffey was a more physical force than Scott Stevens.

The guy has always been willing - and able - to make big hits. Latendresse makes more hits but is less of a physical force in that he makes less crushing hits - the sort that intimidate the other team. For example, I was only able to find two Latendresse hits on Youtube and only one was in the NHL.

Definitely no softy.

Generally they are still playing well. The top line is certainly carrying them. I do agree with the other poaters about the 3rs and 4th lines playing better. They still need a second line. When they hit the road Martin won't get the line matches he wants.

Pleks stats are a litle misleading, some of the assists were giving the puck to Cammi in the D zone and he went end to end and scored. He was really soft on the puck Saturday with numerous bad giveaways. Is playing better then last year.

Price should go tonight, i expect this week they just alternate games, Price Isles and Chicago, Halak Wed and Saturday.

Defense was very shakey the first period but rebounded.

Things i like about this team, they hustle, never give up, tougher, more diciplined, keep pushing forward.

Just looking ahead when the injured D comes back, am i the only one who wants to keep Mara and trade another D like Hamrlik to keep him for a few years.

I'll second that emotion...In my opinion, we're going to need to free up Hamrlik's money for cap reasons. I'd like to keep Bergeron as well, even with his high risk clearing attempts.

I would trade Spacek. You aren't going to trade Hammer and his big contract. Spaceman has not impressed me in the least. He usually plays on his left side though doesn't he? That's why it hurts to have O'byrne down. I think Spacek on the left side might be a much different player. I wold support trading Hammer, I just don't think it will happen with that big contract.

+1 on Bergeron. Big value for the dollar right now.

Edited by BCHabnut

The guy has always been willing - and able - to make big hits. Latendresse makes more hits but is less of a physical force in that he makes less crushing hits - the sort that intimidate the other team. For example, I was only able to find two Latendresse hits on Youtube and only one was in the NHL.

Definitely no softy.

"Kosty" and "intimidates" should never go together in the same sentence. You think the Bruins talk in the lockerroom before the game telling each other "Watch out for that Kostitsyn guy, he's a fearsome hitting machine!". He's only dangerous because his hits are like deers in the middle of the road: there's not supposed to be there and caught you by surprise.

Using YouTube as some sort of standard is funny. You basically just underlined how much Kosty is not playing physically enough: it's so rare you have to check YouTube to see him hit guys around. Want to see Lats hits, just watch the next Habs game.

I would trade Spacek. You aren't going to trade Hammer and his big contract. Spaceman has not impressed me in the least. He usually plays on his left side though doesn't he? That's why it hurts to have O'byrne down. I think Spacek on the left side might be a much different player. I wold support trading Hammer, I just don't think it will happen with that big contract.

Agreed. I have been thoroughly disappointed by Spacek's first 10 games. By the way, Hamrlik's contract ends next year....he's in the 3rd year of a 4 year contract.

I'll second that emotion...In my opinion, we're going to need to free up Hamrlik's money for cap reasons. I'd like to keep Bergeron as well, even with his high risk clearing attempts.

Hamrlik has been wonderful this season virtually mistake free and moving the puck forward very well.

Hamrlik has been wonderful this season virtually mistake free and moving the puck forward very well.

+1. Hamrlik was from far our best dman against the NYI tonight.

Like anybody wants him, remember he was bought out of his contract.

Like anybody wants him, remember he was bought out of his contract.

really by who? it sure as hell wasn't buffalo, regier said he was offered 3 million+ but wanted a 3 year deal which they would not agree to due to the cap. He was their best defenceman last year, and frankly I think he has been pretty good with room for improvement.