GDT: Montreal vs Ottawa

dlbalr

At least the habs have one full day to recuperate from those two games in 2 nights. They should be well rested for Tommorow's game!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamrlik was real good, obviously so was Halak. Gritty effort with alot of injuries, generally speaking after the first they played ok in all 3 zones. Gomez, Pleks, Cammi and the Kosty bro's were very solid. The D was solid clearling the crease.

Too many penalties again, an excuse would be becasue they were tired but that's not it. It's clearly some players don't get it, move your feet, you can't lead the league in minors and expect it won't come back and bite you.

I wonder who gets the call up on D, probably Carle. He wasn't bad. Martin just needs to et him play.

Let's hopr they remember the last beatign Pitt gave them and they come out strong.

It's easy to pull for a team that gives 100% almost every night (except for those occasional catastrophic games where they mail it in - which happens to all teams now and then in this NHL ridiculous schedule). However, if we lose to Pittsburgh all will be doom and gloom in Habsland again. I'm finding the hysterical schizophrenia especially amusing this season.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

It's easy to pull for a team that gives 100% almost every night (except for those occasional catastrophic games where they mail it in - which happens to all teams now and then in this NHL ridiculous schedule). However, if we lose to Pittsburgh all will be doom and gloom in Habsland again. I'm finding the hysterical schizophrenia especially amusing this season.

It's a funny thing how much we value and need our sports heroes. :blink:

Hey this board is back on track with 8 pages of a game thread against Ottawa, great.

Fns are back behind the team that is on the ice not the

team that marketing promotes.

Enough of this bring back Kovalev, and other stirred canned soup.

This team is not promising to stardom , no flashes of greatness, they are giving what they have

limited in a system made to minimize scoring chances on both sides.

But it is a team, when we see Spacek ending a play on one leg, when Gionta played with a broken foot so did Gill,

the young players follow MAxPAc and Sergei came back fast minor injuries last night.

So were back with a wounded team, but at least it's a team.

I agree. These guys are a lot of fun lots of nights, and if the Special K's can get really motivated..... lots of fun!

If the habs play a good game and give a good effort, and still lose the game 4-2 or 3-1 against the Pens, I don't think we'll panic. It's when they don't show up or when they don,t seem to give a damn that I get pissed off! If they give a solid effort, I will never call them out...especially when they play a powerhouse team like the Pens!

I gotta say, it's nice having a guy that can actually hit the net. Imagine when Gionta gets back, and there are 2! Years past, I can't recall how many odd man rushes would end up in *insert player name here* shooting wide on an empty net. More often than not, Cammalleri finishes those. If Gomez and Gionta get it going when he returns, I'm actually *gulp* a little happier with our top 2 offensive lines. Gomez, I thought, had a good game last night.

I also think MAB is a perfect example of the schizophrenic Habs fans, to use CC's terminology. When he scores (which is what he was signed to do)...it's "re-sign MAB now!". In games he doesn't score and ends up being the knucklehead dman, it's an immediate "waive him when player x returns from injury". I think he's best suited to the limited 4th line, PP time role he had in the game prior to Mara's injury. One thing I've noticed from MAB lately, and it's obvious they've been working with him on this, is that he'll now shoot a one-timer, rather than settle the puck first. And that's where his goals are coming from. Keep on firing, MAB!

I also think MAB is a perfect example of the schizophrenic Habs fans, to use CC's terminology. When he scores (which is what he was signed to do)...it's "re-sign MAB now!". In games he doesn't score and ends up being the knucklehead dman, it's an immediate "waive him when player x returns from injury". I think he's best suited to the limited 4th line, PP time role he had in the game prior to Mara's injury. One thing I've noticed from MAB lately, and it's obvious they've been working with him on this, is that he'll now shoot a one-timer, rather than settle the puck first. And that's where his goals are coming from. Keep on firing, MAB!

+1 on everything... except the one-timer thing!

Check out his goals in Edm, NYI and Minny on YouTube. One-timers all the time. The difference here now is that he's playing with Hamerlik on the left point; rather than Mara. Hammer is a much better passer, the puck doesnt arrive to MAB flopping like a fish out of water.

Yeah, he pretty obviously will be serving Mark Streit's role once the D gets healthy. The only difference between the two is that Bergeron really is as bad a defender as the team seemed to think Streit was. Streit went on to prove he's actually a solid all-around player, whereas Bergeron clearly is best suited for very limited ice time at even strength, with most of his ice time coming on the powerplay. He's always been a threat on the powerplay during his career, and with Montreal's penchant for using powerplay QBs on the 4th line wing, he may have finally found a more permanent niche for himself.

So, check out NHL Gamecenter:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenter.htm?id=2...vid=DL|NHL|home

Note that they have Matt D'Agostini, not Ryan White, on their scorecard. It wasn't an error with the callup, Martin didn't update his lineup card. That's why White couldn't play.

Actually, HI/O is reporting that the Habs forgot to report the callup to the league, so White was ineligible to play. Total bonehead move.

+1 on everything... except the one-timer thing!

Check out his goals in Edm, NYI and Minny on YouTube. One-timers all the time. The difference here now is that he's playing with Hamrlik on the left point; rather than Mara. Hammer is a much better passer, the puck doesnt arrive to MAB flopping like a fish out of water.

Yep. Imagine a Markov-MAB pairing on PP .... It will be just like Markov-Souray or Markov-Streit : a massive weapon.

I also think MAB is a perfect example of the schizophrenic Habs fans, to use CC's terminology.

By schizophrenic, do you mean bi-polar?

Yep. Imagine a Markov-MAB pairing on PP .... It will be just like Markov-Souray or Markov-Streit : a massive weapon.

It looked like a very long shot last month, but a Markov-Bergeron pairing sounds better and better each passing game...

I'm sure he does... or maybe "multiple personality." Many laymen confuse schizophrenia with multiple personality...

Forgive my injecting a serious note on a hockey board , and this is just for whoever is interested in the illness, but my younger brother suffers , and I mean suffers from schizophrenia. His case is fairly severe and without the wonderful anti-psychotics, he would be hearing voices and terrified. Such people are amongst the most timid on earth. He is also mildly ######ed and only five feet tall, one of the 'Clowns of God". He is a person who has no bag of tricks and charms to dazzle us; no wealth or great talent, no animal charisma. He has a great heart.

He is in my eyes a great , great man; a man who God has given majesty; the grace to stand up and reach out his hand to others and to get up each day to a world of limited returns. And rise he does every day; sometimes with worries and fears and with no hope of exceptional excitement and interest forthcomign.

I pale into insignificance beside this giant of a man who ever day lifts his burden on to his shoulders; a burden that repels and frightens lesser men like me. He is a sign the divine foolishness to me for his life quietly but certainly pronounces that the last shall be first. This clown of God allows me the insight to occasionally not take my peoccupations too seriously. I salute my brother Geof, a great, great man.

Forgive my injecting a serious note on a hockey board , and this is just for whoever is interested in the illness, but my younger brother suffers , and I mean suffers from schizophrenia. His case is fairly severe and without the wonderful anti-psychotics, he would be hearing voices and terrified. Such people are amongst the most timid on earth. He is also mildly ######ed and only five feet tall, one of the 'Clowns of God". He is a person who has no bag of tricks and charms to dazzle us; no wealth or great talent, no animal charisma. He has a great heart.

He is in my eyes a great , great man; a man who God has given majesty; the grace to stand up and reach out his hand to others and to get up each day to a world of limited returns. And rise he does every day; sometimes with worries and fears and with no hope of exceptional excitement and interest forthcomign.

I pale into insignificance beside this giant of a man who ever day lifts his burden on to his shoulders; a burden that repels and frightens lesser men like me. He is a sign the divine foolishness to me for his life quietly but certainly pronounces that the last shall be first. This clown of God allows me the insight to occasionally not take my peoccupations too seriously. I salute my brother Geof, a great, great man.

Very moving tribute to your brother. Thanks for sharing.

you and your brother deserve our utmost respect and thank you for reminding us that throwing around loose adjectives describing a medical condition is a monstrous disservice to those who truly suffer on a daily basis from the difficulrties that life throws at us. There but for the grace of God....

:clap:

I encounter many afflicted with schizophrenia in my line of work, and not everyone in their lives are as receptive as you. You bear a wonderful attitude and your brother is lucky to have you in his life.

Edited by lazy26

We do not know the whole story.

Was the send in 2 minutes late? Did someone forget to send it?

I'm sure we'll never know, all they say is they did not receive it by the cut off time. Not like the habs are hurting for cash, but still seems pretty minor, and the NHL being the NHL, over reacts.

We do not know the whole story.

Was the send in 2 minutes late? Did someone forget to send it?

I'm sure we'll never know, all they say is they did not receive it by the cut off time. Not like the habs are hurting for cash, but still seems pretty minor, and the NHL being the NHL, over reacts.

Using an ineligible player is hardly a minor infraction. Every report I saw said Gainey and Brisebois each thought the other had taken care of it, while neither of them did. They're lucky they're getting off with a fine and not a forfeit.

Using an ineligible player is hardly a minor infraction. Every report I saw said Gainey and Brisebois each thought the other had taken care of it, while neither of them did. They're lucky they're getting off with a fine and not a forfeit.

I heard one commentator say NHL HQ also dropped the ball, so it seems a three ring circus.