Injury thread

Habsfan

Only 2 weeks? Wow, best case scenario. Metro should be rested for the playoffs, should we make it. *knocks on wood*.

What's sad is that the reports are now saying to be re-evaluated tomorrow, so this may be premature.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's sad is that the reports are now saying to be re-evaluated tomorrow, so this may be premature.

2 weeks seems pretty quick for a separated shoulder. 4 weeks is generally the minimum amount of time to takes to heal, although some have healed quicker (i.e., Alfredsson only took about 3 weeks)

2 weeks seems pretty quick for a separated shoulder. 4 weeks is generally the minimum amount of time to takes to heal, although some have healed quicker (i.e., Alfredsson only took about 3 weeks)

As per Facebook update, Metropolit won't be back this season

As per Facebook update, Metropolit won't be back this season

6-8 weeks per the Gazette, that'd put him on pace for a 2nd round return if all went well, 3rd round otherwise. Should the FB declaration be a hidden sign that even the organization doesn't think the Habs have a chance? :) (Yes, it's another quiet day...)

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Metrop...3848/story.html

6-8 weeks per the Gazette, that'd put him on pace for a 2nd round return if all went well, 3rd round otherwise. Should the FB declaration be a hidden sign that even the organization doesn't think the Habs have a chance? :) (Yes, it's another quiet day...)

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Metrop...3848/story.html

The playoffs are the 'second season'. So by saying out for the season, they mean he's out for the regular season. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
http://habsinsideout.com/

Looks like Metro is just a greenlight away from returning, his experience and desire would come in handy right now if we have any confidence issues after the loss. :clap: :hlogo: :clap:

Darche out !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

As per Canadiens Facebook page, Bergeron will play tommorow and Markov needs to have more tests before any decision about him.

As per Canadiens Facebook page, Bergeron will play tommorow and Markov needs to have more tests before any decision about him.

Well, at least an eventual Markov return hasn't been definitively ruled out for this spring. I grasp at what straws of hope I can.

Well, at least an eventual Markov return hasn't been definitively ruled out for this spring. I grasp at what straws of hope I can.

USA Today's Montreal Team Report says Markov is out 6 weeks, or basically the balance of the playoffs. That's the closest I've seen to a definitive statement though I'm not sure how much I'd trust it.

USA Today's Montreal Team Report says Markov is out 6 weeks, or basically the balance of the playoffs. That's the closest I've seen to a definitive statement though I'm not sure how much I'd trust it.

Ouch.. that's a major blow. Hopefully Subban can fill a part of the void offensively. Our D is doing great but I don't know how long Gorges, for example, can carry the extra pressure and work load.

Is Weber still injured? When is he expected back in Hamilton? Spacek's presence -for once- could really help the D. He's one of the best to make that first pass out of the zone.

Ouch.. that's a major blow. Hopefully Subban can fill a part of the void offensively. Our D is doing great but I don't know how long Gorges, for example, can carry the extra pressure and work load.

Is Weber still injured? When is he expected back in Hamilton? Spacek's presence -for once- could really help the D. He's one of the best to make that first pass out of the zone.

I have no idea when Weber's coming back, no updates in the Hamilton Spectator (just looked). As for Spacek, a little teaser, he's the focus of the Final Thought in the HW Recap which should be up soon. I don't think he'll be back though for a little while yet.

RDS still has no word on how long Markov will be out!

Spacek skated in the optional practice today, but wasn't made available to the media afterwards. Considering his problem is an inner ear infection, you just don't know when he'll be ready.

isn't the basic issue that he has a lot of swelling on his knee, so they can't get a definitive MRI?

I think some hairline fractures can be obscured on imaging when there is swelling. Primarily, though, doesn't swelling preclude detection of tendon/meniscus tears? I guess what I'm saying is that as far as they are reporting, he could have a badly bruised or sprained knee (hopefully), or he could have a hairline fracture (suck), or he could need his ACL surgically repaired (massive suck).

PS - as you might be able to tell, I only play a doctor on TV.