Injury thread

Habsfan

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be Weber and maybe they just waived D'Agi or sent him down since they don't need 3 forwards.

Or maybe JM is actually going to try 12 forwards and 6 D for a change.

I would like to see trotter with Sk And Pleks. Let Puliot go back with Gomez and Gionta.

well there we go.. I hope they give these kids a chance.

Wouldn't be shocked if maxwell goes down, he hasn't looked that impressive.

Apparently Plekanec, S. Kostitsyn, and Pouliot all may not play tomorrow so I would imagine that no demotions are forthcoming.

What happened to those three?

Not sure, but Pouliot in particular has missed 3 straight practices. I was listening to RDS at 6, and I think I heard something to the effect that 2 of the 3 will miss tomorrow for sure. That being said, my French isn't that good, so I may be completely off base.

It must be more serious than it is for precaution call ups.

Remember they bring back D'Agostini to save a few bucks on the cap.

Pouliot the fight against the Ragsé

Sergei, came back injured, upper body my guess is the ribs because every time he is hit

hard it hurts bad,

Plekanek i have no clue he seemed ok.

RDS reporting Pouliot's a no-go for both today/tomorrow. They also note that it would be surprising to see all 3 recalls from yesterday play.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/292442.html

Ah geez... We have enough troubles beating Fleury as it is...

Great game and Brilliant effort from the call ups. Hamilton is a wonderful bed for young talent; based on that game alone, maybe I should pick up seasons tickets for them again next season.

I will say this note of caution. The hit on Markov; which had him go down with pain in the lower rib cage area may come back to haunt us. I hope that is not the case. But theses things come up to the surface only two days later.

The dude who hit Markov better be awake the next time the habs play as that cheap shot was not a welcome hit!

GO HABS GO!

ps. praying for Pouliot to return. We missed having that big man in front of the net specially on the PP. We play well; because of the kids; we should be better and play with this kinda intensity always... no EXCUSES..

GO HABS GO! Proud of that game..

Edited by Chips

Great game and Brilliant effort from the call ups. Hamilton is a wonderful bed for young talent; based on that game alone, maybe I should pick up seasons tickets for them again next season.

I will say this note of caution. The hit on Markov; which had him go down with pain in the lower rib cage area may come back to haunt us. I hope that is not the case. But theses things come up to the surface only two days later.

The dude who hit Markov better be awake the next time the habs play as that cheap shot was not a welcome hit!

GO HABS GO!

ps. praying for Pouliot to return. We missed having that big man in front of the net specially on the PP. We play well; because of the kids; we should be better and play with this kinda intensity always... no EXCUSES..

GO HABS GO! Proud of that game..

If Markov goes down again, can we say that he is becoming definitively injury-prone? Might be relevant to our calculations of the Habs's prospects over the next 5 years.

I thought it was a matter of days missed rather than games missed?

Yeah, it is, 7 days minimum. Assuming the Habs were smart and placed them on IR retroactive to Thursday (their last game played), 7 days takes them past Wednesday's game vs Washington up to Friday's contest in Philly.

So...if they are on IR, that means they don't count against the cap, because the callups we had would put us over the cap? Is that right?

Nope. IR and LTIR are 2 different things altogether. The Habs have been over the cap since late October and that won't be changing unless they become sellers at the deadline. Also, there is never a circumstance where an injured player does not count against the cap, even players on LTIR count in full technically.

While I'm at it, I will state this for everyone to see: LTIR will have no effect whatsoever for the remainder of the season, see the LTIR tab on my capsheet for the reason why.