Injury thread

Habsfan

MAB gets a lot of shit against him, but he is a stud on the PP, and for 750k, you cannot expect the same out of him as others, what he brings to the PP is worth the goals against.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAB gets a lot of shit against him, but he is a stud on the PP, and for 750k, you cannot expect the same out of him as others, what he brings to the PP is worth the goals against.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the way he stepped in and made the PP a legitimate threat. But honestly, at this point the team should be able to find a shooter who can man the point. Doesn't have to be a defender - I mean, how much worse would an attacker be if the opponents got the puck? Barely any - and that's my point. The signing of MAB should have told the Habs that all they need is someone at the point who can get a shot on net. It's not like they need anyone with defensive talent because they don't have anyone there with MAB manning the point. If Sergei were on that point, would we be any worse defensively? Only question is whether he can get a shot on the net. When they get back, both AK and Cammi would be reasonable options on the point because they can both hit the net consistently.

HOLY CRAP. I'm yearning for AK! I think he turned a corner at some point early this year. Legit 30-goal man, I think, when healthy. First time in a LONG time that Montreal has had three legit snipers - Cammi, AK, and Pouliot... though Poo is more a PK in the making rather than a true sniper.

Wow, come to think of it, this is the best top-6 we've had since the mid-90's.

Gomez, Gionta, Cammi, Pouliot, AK, and Plex. Other than Poo, they're smallish, but they're all full-effort guys who can produce on any given night.

Hey I'm all for another point man, I just worry when that point man is Spacey..he hits the net 3/10 shots. I also never minded MAB on the 4th line, he never made tons of mistakes.

MA Bergeron out for a while :(

Just wonderful

Six to eight weeks due to knee injury.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/292684.html

P.K. Subban is getting closer to Mtl. I feel that Gauthier will want to see him with the big club before the end of the season, at least for a few games, just to evaluate where he is in his development and to show the kid what it takes to play with the pros.

Edited by JCPetit

Pouliot is out until after the Olympics too. No elaboration on the "upper body injury".

He only had the chance of playing the weekend games against Philly, so it's really just 2 more games than best case scenario.

He only had the chance of playing the weekend games against Philly, so it's really just 2 more games than best case scenario.

Good point, although I'm sure we'd all prefer to hear that Pouliot was chomping at the bit and ready to come back for Friday. I know I was looking forward to seeing him live at the game on Saturday. Ah well.

This season is all about hanging in there and getting healthy for the final push.

We have been lucky so far in that many teams we are competing with have been brutal lately. If they pull an Ottawa (ie.. Boston wins 7 of their next 10), we will rapidly drop out of the playoff race.

MAB and Pouliot are out now? Sweet.

This actually makes me happy. :clap:

Hopefully now Gauthier can resign them cheap. I want Pouliot out longer, he cant be allowed to rack up points like this when he is RFA next year. The Habs desperately need great deals on some players and hopefully Pouliot can be signed for a lot less than he's really worth. Pouliot needs to be signed before he knows his true worth.

Now all we need is for perferably Price (or Halak) to get injured. Why? cuz we need to see what Desjardins can do in the NHL. It would be suicide to trade either Price or Halak until Desjardins plays in the NHL.

Pouiliot is RFA, he can take what they offer or not play. He has very little options. MAB won't be back, he was signed because everyone was injured. Having as a forward is a waste, if he wants to be a #7 13th forward guy i'm fine with that role, he is handy for injuries.

Is there a reason for these injuries? Bad training staff, bad luck? Too small players? Other team taking liberites?

Most come from blocked shots or awkward falls. I doubt it has much to do with anything, just bad luck.

Tons of teams have long injury lists.

The signing of MAB should have told the Habs that all they need is someone at the point who can get a shot on net. It's not like they need anyone with defensive talent because they don't have anyone there with MAB manning the point. If Sergei were on that point, would we be any worse defensively? Only question is whether he can get a shot on the net. When they get back, both AK and Cammi would be reasonable options on the point because they can both hit the net consistently.

The problem is that it's easier said than done. Spacek can't get a shot on neet if his life depended on it. Hamrlik hesitates too much and rarely shoots. MAB had something that nobody else on this team had...a decent shot from the point!

Is there a reason for these injuries? Bad training staff, bad luck? Too small players? Other team taking liberites?

Seeing as we have the smallest bunch of forwards in the league...i'd say it doesn,t help with injuries! If a 5'8" player and a 6'3. player collide, 8 out of 10 times the smaller player will have the bigger bruises!